"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:51 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: Blockhead, Gorilla, CHIMP.
Pathetic worthless saiyan.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Nothing happened.. I call bullshit
Well i guess you are not getting the tingly feelings. :roll:
Well, that can be arranged ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kanassa wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: Actually I think its leading to U9 being erased, U4 is setting up U9 for failure, this subplot goal is to see why U4 is known as the Scheming Universe. Quitela is really such a filthy rat.
It's a win-win scenario for U4. Either one of the strongest competitors gets taken you before the tournament, or U9 fails and gets erased for breaking the rules. Either way, less to worry about.
The rat knows his way around very well..
The name fits more than necessary..
I would like it to backfire though, grand priest did know everything that was going on, he could bring it up and they might be erased when they least expect it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:57 am

Ki Breaker wrote: I would like it to backfire though, grand priest did know everything that was going on, he could bring it up and they might be erased when they least expect it
It might....but it may not. If U4 do not take any aggressive action themselves they could be fine because while Quitela talked them into its, Sidra was dumb enough to fall for is and is the only one to take any real action, so the core blame would be on U9.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:I'm not watching Super until the tournament starts, ( Havent really watch Super since episode 89) so did they give an explanation of how Kale turned into Broly? Is she even a fighter?
Well, if you're not watching Super, you don't deserve the answer to that questions and I don't know why people are giving it to you.
What the hell was that?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 am

Well this is bad... if by some chance Goku and Cauli does interact with each other and Kale takes it in a bad way then here we go... you'll be hearing her screaming KAKAROOOOTO! to add more homage to Broly. Vegeta can just tell them Goku's saiyan name and they can go with using Kakarot instead of Goku.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Well this is bad... if by some chance Goku and Cauli does interact with each other and Kale takes it in a bad way then here we go... you'll be hearing her screaming KAKAROOOOTO! to add more homage to Broly. Vegeta can just tell them Goku's saiyan name and they can go with using Kakarot instead of Goku.
Please Toei don't do it there are still chances to develop this character, and i'll be really fucking mad of this happens.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:04 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Well this is bad... if by some chance Goku and Cauli does interact with each other and Kale takes it in a bad way then here we go... you'll be hearing her screaming KAKAROOOOTO! to add more homage to Broly. Vegeta can just tell them Goku's saiyan name and they can go with using Kakarot instead of Goku.
Maybe that Goku and Caulifa pic a couple pages back is some foreshadowing. Doesn't really fit Goku's character to be attracted by some girl, maybe Caulifa will think Goku is attractive.

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
SSBX wrote:Well according to Herms, Caulifa and Kale have a sister-like relationship. Protegee means Sister-like, I thought it meant student, and another post (not by Herms) says "It was announced that Miss Yukana will voice Cale- who is like a little sister to Caulifa.

Well that brings holes to the two theories that Kale is in love with Cabba or Caulifa. I never really saw the romance on either side. But oh well Wiki already played around with this one. The fan-theories are fun thought.
Caulifla sees Kale as a little sister, yes, but that doesn't mean Kale can't see Caulifla as more than a big sister.
Would you really date someone you see as sister?But any ways I think the roles should be switched, if Kale's the little sister it should be Caulifla protecting her from Cabba, it usually the older siblings that are the protective ones I believe. And I'm pretty sure it just a sister-relationship and she (Kale) does not have a crush on Cabba.
Every time I see a carrot, I always think of Goku.

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Maybe that Goku and Caulifa pic a couple pages back is some foreshadowing. Doesn't really fit Goku's character to be attracted by some girl, maybe Caulifa will think Goku is attractive.
Goku's married thought, so I don't see how Goku x Caulifa would work.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 pm

SSBX wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
It would never work, if it did ever happen, the affection would be completely one-sided. It doesn't fit Goku's character, is what I'm saying and as you said he's married.
Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 pm

SSBX wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
SSBX wrote:Well according to Herms, Caulifa and Kale have a sister-like relationship. Protegee means Sister-like, I thought it meant student, and another post (not by Herms) says "It was announced that Miss Yukana will voice Cale- who is like a little sister to Caulifa.

Well that brings holes to the two theories that Kale is in love with Cabba or Caulifa. I never really saw the romance on either side. But oh well Wiki already played around with this one. The fan-theories are fun thought.
Caulifla sees Kale as a little sister, yes, but that doesn't mean Kale can't see Caulifla as more than a big sister.
Would you really date someone you see as sister?But any ways I think the roles should be switched, if Kale's the little sister it should be Caulifla protecting her from Cabba, it usually the older siblings that are the protective ones I believe. And I'm pretty sure it just a sister-relationship and she (Kale) does not have a crush on Cabba.
Kale is directly referenced as being like a younger sister to her. Have you considered her being protective as a case of intended trope reversal?

EDIT: Please edit your current post if you wish to reply to someone else in the same period of time. There's no need to double post in this situation.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 pm

SSBX wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Caulifla sees Kale as a little sister, yes, but that doesn't mean Kale can't see Caulifla as more than a big sister.
No, but it's not me we are speculating about.
Kale might just have very complicated feelings for Caulifla, even if she initially viewed her as big sis.
It certainly wouldn't be a first for fictional stories.
Or she doesn't actually view her as big sis, but just plays along with it, because her idol, Caulifla sees it that way. Maybe she developed feelings for Caulifla, but then only got acknowledged as a lil sis. Since she's so weak she didn't object and just felt blessed her crush was acknowledging, even if it wasn't her ideal scenario.

It really isn't that far out there and something that is surely seen in plenty fictional works.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 pm

It's fine, I expect much more from introduction of Broly in the future..
She might transform into that slim form after her training is done for the tournament, we will get to see what broly could have become given the right training and time to grow
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Could be wrong, but I think it was you who said that wanted Caulifla to treat Goku as her "aniki" some time ago after this is over, just like Cabba treats Vegeta as his senpai.
That's the kind of relationship I want those two to have too.

As for Kale's jealousy, I want Gohan to stop her from attacking Goku if that happens, since Gohan vs Kale is my dream match for this tournament.

It's confirmed Goku will fight Jiren and Vegeta will fight Ribrianne. After all the build up Gohan had he deserves a worthy opponent, Kale is the one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:36 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
SSBX wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Caulifla sees Kale as a little sister, yes, but that doesn't mean Kale can't see Caulifla as more than a big sister.
No, but it's not me we are speculating about.
Kale might just have very complicated feelings for Caulifla, even if she initially viewed her as big sis.
It certainly wouldn't be a first for fictional stories.
Or she doesn't actually view her as big sis, but just plays along with it, because her idol, Caulifla sees it that way. Maybe she developed feelings for Caulifla, but then only got acknowledged as a lil sis. Since she's so weak she didn't object and just felt blessed her crush was acknowledging, even if it wasn't her ideal scenario.

It really isn't that far out there and something that is surely seen in plenty fictional works.
I'm basing the sister-relationship of off Herm's twitter, the other post, and Goku/Gohan.Kale and Caulifa's relationship seems to be based of off Goku and Gohan's relationship. Where Caulifa goes to save Kale from falling, it's the same where Goku saves Gohan from falling. Both Kale and Gohan had the same face where they were being carried by Goku/Caulifa. So Sister-relationship or family-relationship in general.

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:48 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
SSBX wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: Maybe that Goku and Caulifa pic a couple pages back is some foreshadowing. Doesn't really fit Goku's character to be attracted by some girl, maybe Caulifa will think Goku is attractive.
It would never work, if it did ever happen, the affection would be completely one-sided. It doesn't fit Goku's character, is what I'm saying and as you said he's married.
Unless Goku's a cheater, I remember one of the older theories, where people thought Bulma was cheating on Vegeta with Goku because Goku appeared in Bulma's bedroom.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:51 pm

SSBX wrote:I'm basing the sister-relationship of off Herm's twitter, the other post, and Goku/Gohan.Kale and Caulifa's relationship seems to be based of off Goku and Gohan's relationship. Where Caulifa goes to save Kale from falling, it's the same where Goku saves Gohan from falling. Both Kale and Gohan had the same face where they were being carried by Goku/Caulifa. So Sister-relationship or family-relationship in general.
Yes, but all the information so far has only shown, that Caulifla definitely just treats it as a sister relationship, while it doesn't conclusively bring an end to Kale's supposed infatuation with Cauli.
Also, don't double post, use the edit button 8)

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 pm

dbgtFO wrote: Yes, but all the information so far has only shown, that Caulifla definitely just treats it as a sister relationship, while it doesn't conclusively bring an end to Kale's supposed infatuation with Cauli.
Also, don't double post, use the edit button 8)
Kale calls Caulifla 'sis' in the anime add that with Herms tweet/the other post then the sister-like relationship goes both ways.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:41 pm

SSBX wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
SSBX wrote: Goku's married thought, so I don't see how Goku x Caulifa would work.
Unless Goku's a cheater, I remember one of the older theories, where people thought Bulma was cheating on Vegeta with Goku because Goku appeared in Bulma's bedroom.
That's a dumb theory.

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:48 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
That's a dumb theory.
Yeah I believe it was based off this scene:

https://youtu.be/FFytb-j5rlE

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Ok I just realized that Kale having green hair in SSJ form makes sense.
William Shakespeare's famous play, "Othello," is a story that is wrought with jealousy. Othello's best friend, Iago, manipulates Othello so successfully that the title character believes his wife has been unfaithful.
In his treachery, Iago describes jealousy as a "green-eyed monster which doth mock.." Chaucer and Ovid also use the phrase "green with envy."
Some believe the color green has been associated with jealousy dating back to the ancient Greeks. They believed jealousy occurred as result of the overproduction of bile, which turned human skin slightly green
https://www.sharecare.com/health/feelin ... ades-green

Kale unlocked SSJ because she was jealous of Cabba being "too close" to Caulifla.