"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:58 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Ok I just realized that Kale having green hair in SSJ form makes sense.
William Shakespeare's famous play, "Othello," is a story that is wrought with jealousy. Othello's best friend, Iago, manipulates Othello so successfully that the title character believes his wife has been unfaithful.
In his treachery, Iago describes jealousy as a "green-eyed monster which doth mock.." Chaucer and Ovid also use the phrase "green with envy."
Some believe the color green has been associated with jealousy dating back to the ancient Greeks. They believed jealousy occurred as result of the overproduction of bile, which turned human skin slightly green
https://www.sharecare.com/health/feelin ... ades-green

Kale unlocked SSJ because she was jealous of Cabba being "too close" to Caulifla.
I noted that too on another site, would be funny if that turns out to be the official explanation :lol:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:01 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Ok I just realized that Kale having green hair in SSJ form makes sense.
William Shakespeare's famous play, "Othello," is a story that is wrought with jealousy. Othello's best friend, Iago, manipulates Othello so successfully that the title character believes his wife has been unfaithful.
In his treachery, Iago describes jealousy as a "green-eyed monster which doth mock.." Chaucer and Ovid also use the phrase "green with envy."
Some believe the color green has been associated with jealousy dating back to the ancient Greeks. They believed jealousy occurred as result of the overproduction of bile, which turned human skin slightly green

Kale unlocked SSJ because she was jealous of Cabba being "too close" to Caulifla.
There's more of a chance of me tanking a hundred nukes rapid fire than this being how and why Kale's form is the way it is.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Didn't Broly have green hair? I'm pretty sure that's where her green hair is from.
Every time I see a carrot, I always think of Goku.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Shakespeare in my Dragon Ball...
11/10 Writing :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:30 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: Maybe that Goku and Caulifa pic a couple pages back is some foreshadowing. Doesn't really fit Goku's character to be attracted by some girl, maybe Caulifa will think Goku is attractive.
Yeah I dont think Toei has the balls to do something like that, but then again they did have Cocoa give Gohan a smack kiss, that may be as far as they would go, I mean even Helles a GoD finds Goku beautiful... that speaks volumes :lol:
Ki Breaker wrote: It's fine, I expect much more from introduction of Broly in the future..
She might transform into that slim form after her training is done for the tournament, we will get to see what broly could have become given the right training and time to grow
No way they would let that opportunity slide, I think her slim pupil version is the controlled state but I feel like they'll have her go berserk again once she takes Goku and Cauli's interaction the wrong way, like you know for Kale, Cauli is her neesan figure, her big sister, if her seeing big sis arguing with Cabba enough to trigger her then I dont even wanna know how she'll react once Cauli goes ''Kakaroto Aniki! come back to U6 with us! you can be our leader!'' aw all hell would break loose, then again we have Gohan to humble Kale if she does anything funny to Goku.
FortuneSSJ wrote: As for Kale's jealousy, I want Gohan to stop her from attacking Goku if that happens, since Gohan vs Kale is my dream match for this tournament.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's confirmed Goku will fight Jiren and Vegeta will fight Ribrianne. After all the build up Gohan had he deserves a worthy opponent, Kale is the one.
Indeed I did say that, thats exactly the kind of relationship I want them to build up, her being humbled by Goku and she respects him in a yakuza way as her big bro ''aniki''

The foreshadow this episode was exactly the same as how the Goku V Gohan, both of them unconscious with a smile on their face while Cauli/Goku catching them, they're not even being shy about it anymore.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:36 pm

TheQuazz wrote:they didn't even acknowledge that Gotenks exists. "Oh, but Gotenks is waaay to risky and uncooperative!" And Freeza isn't?! Besides, it could be a good opportunity to give Gotenks some kind of development, maybe he had to be trained or something?
I'm pretty sure that they are not going to allow fusion in the tournament since it's two people fused into one.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Does anyone else see Broly or a male version becoming canon? They are pushing the LSSJ form hard! Broly has a new form in the 4D movie coming out and Kale herself. I think they are trying to explain the form itself with all the tingly talk. I wonder if this forms going to be something big as the series goes on.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:48 pm

God, I would love Super forever if this was the explanation they gave for Kale's SSJ form. :P :thumbup:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:53 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Well this is bad... if by some chance Goku and Cauli does interact with each other and Kale takes it in a bad way then here we go... you'll be hearing her screaming KAKAROOOOTO! to add more homage to Broly. Vegeta can just tell them Goku's saiyan name and they can go with using Kakarot instead of Goku.
Come on make it happen Super. Make it happen. Kale going Kakarotto yes please. Go all out. They already went full on movie 8. Do it. DO IT!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSBX

Post by SSBX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else see Broly or a male version becoming canon? They are pushing the LSSJ form hard! Broly has a new form in the 4D movie coming out and Kale herself. I think they are trying to explain the form itself with all the tingly talk. I wonder if this forms going to be something big as the series goes on.
Maybe a male version but not Broly himself.
Every time I see a carrot, I always think of Goku.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm officially waiting Janemba in Dragon Ball Super. While I appreciate Toyotaro taking one his moves in the manga, I want a full version of Janemba, with all his abilities, a cool design (keeping red and purple colors) and such. He's one hell of a villain who should appear in the main series, so make it happen. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm officially waiting Janemba in Dragon Ball Super. While I appreciate Toyotaro taking one his moves in the manga, I want a full version of Janemba, with all his abilities, a cool design (keeping red and purple colors) and such. He's one hell of a villain who should appear in the main series, so make it happen. :)
I am curious, aiside from his attacks what do you find interesting about him?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:41 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

Shakespeare in my Dragon Ball...
11/10 Writing :lol:
I know you guys are joking, but kale turned SS because she didn't want to be useless to Caulifla. She was agressive to Cabba because she was upset with him though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 pm

"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Kale has low self esteem. she was already jealous of cabba the moment he turned ssj because that made him special. Then on top of that someone she idolized (Califla) showed interest in him(cabba) she felt as though she(kale) was being replaced. Plus the fact that she failed transforming. so when cabba called her a pathetic excuse for a saiyan he basically confirmed what she already thought of herself and that combination of events and emotions triggered her transformation
Last edited by lord godly da don on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else see Broly or a male version becoming canon? They are pushing the LSSJ form hard! Broly has a new form in the 4D movie coming out and Kale herself. I think they are trying to explain the form itself with all the tingly talk. I wonder if this forms going to be something big as the series goes on.
I think that TOEI will try and use the LSSJ form to explain Super Saiyan Rage.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm officially waiting Janemba in Dragon Ball Super. While I appreciate Toyotaro taking one his moves in the manga, I want a full version of Janemba, with all his abilities, a cool design (keeping red and purple colors) and such. He's one hell of a villain who should appear in the main series, so make it happen. :)
Idk if they should or shouldnt make him canon but hes my favorite movie villain for sure.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

There's more of a chance of me tanking a hundred nukes rapid fire than this being how and why Kale's form is the way it is.
Thou hast amazed me...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:17 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... n-director

Cool images.

Boy, Caulifla does not look happy with Goku. :lol:

I feel like they had Kale run through Broly's entire moveset to quash any doubt that it is in fact the same form. But it also makes me wonder if there are other undiscovered "classes" or variants of Super Saiyan out there that we haven't seen yet. Like warrior class, berserker class, so on. Kale's ki was already green when she tried to transform on her own, so I think she was going to turn into that form no matter how she did it. Who knows what might be lurking out there undiscovered with a whole new race of Saiyans. :think:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Boy, Caulifla does not look happy with Goku. :lol:
When is she truly happy with anything..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker