Episode #0089 (12 August 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:14 pm

m121akuma wrote:The saga of Mary-san and Takeshi is epic as hell though. Poor Takeshi. He gets sexually harrassed on the train...
Holy college-flashback, Batman... :shock:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Oh man I'm Joe! I thought you guys weren’t going to touch that one so I gave up hope but wow what a surprise. It's been sort of an ambition to get my name read on your podcast for a long time and now that it has happened I can die happy.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
m121akuma wrote:The saga of Mary-san and Takeshi is epic as hell though. Poor Takeshi. He gets sexually harrassed on the train...
Holy college-flashback, Batman... :shock:
Best line ever (How many times have I said that in my life?)
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:47 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. I haven't read DB volume 7 (yet), but I actually recently bought the General Blue saga, so I was still fresh on the topic. Well done, I like the idea of reviewing volume to volume.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

stirlock

Post by stirlock » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am

um.
The downloads for the podcasts seem to be broken.
Already heard this episode, but I've been going back and listening to episodes from one and upwards.
Anyone else unable to download episodes?
skype name: stirlock

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am

The site (daizex.db-destiny.net) seems to be down at the moment.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:11 pm

Another problem I have with hentai is half the time the artists are very talented at drawing. The fact that they've wasted such talent on hentai is quite sad, especially the animated kind.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:12 pm

Gaiash wrote:Another problem I have with hentai is half the time the artists are very talented at drawing. The fact that they've wasted such talent on hentai is quite sad, especially the animated kind.
In Japan, however, it can occasionally lead to broader recognition and mainstream success. Those who start out in doujinshi circles may end up getting noticed by mainstream publishers (which do keep an eye on events like Comiket when looking for new talent), leading to non-H work. Both Kiyohiko Azuma (Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba&!) and Koushi Rikudou (Excel Saga) got discovered through that very means (though the former at least was smart enough to use a pseudonym for his adult works, and perhaps more importantly, stop drawing them after he made it big). Shimoku Kio (Genshiken) also has a very intimate knowledge of the way the doujin industry works, though I'm not entirely sure if he actually drew any himself.

So... where was I going with this? I kinda forgot.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Cosmodious

Post by Cosmodious » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:38 am

What? What's going on? I've been on this forum about five minutes and already there's stuff about hentai!? I think I'm going to like it here! :P

Cosmodious

Post by Cosmodious » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 pm

LOL! I just listened to this one and in the beginning when VegettoEX was saying, hey, you, yes, you turn around etc. I was actually sitting in my bathroom doing...what you do in your bathrooms...

And then they went onto pedophilia... :shock: