How ofter do you reread and/or rewatch the series.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How ofter do you reread and/or rewatch the series.

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Not that much. I mostly go back to certain episodes or sagas from time to time. Like now, I'm really tied up in my Dragon Ball watching. I am currently watching DBKTFC as the Blu-rays come out, Watching DBS on Toonami and Crunchyroll as new episodes come out, and I'm currently watching DB, Z, and GT fully in Japanese for the first time. Currently at DB.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

hectorgf

Post by hectorgf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 pm

I read the whole manga collection every year.
Sometimes I start reading along the year, and sometimes I just read one volume per day during the vacations time.
Sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language ^^'

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 am

I just watch it whenever its on its TV. Dragon Ball has never,and I repeat NEVER been off the air here in Latin America. Its ALWAYS on SOME form or the other.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I just watch it whenever its on its TV. Dragon Ball has never,and I repeat NEVER been off the air here in Latin America. Its ALWAYS on SOME form or the other.
I also watch it whenever it is on tv. That is actually the only way I was able to watch dbz growing up. The Latin American dub didn't have a home video release when I was a kid(Dbz still doesn't have a complete release). Which sucks. But luckily DB has always been on tv in Latin America. So when I feel like re-watching dbz again for the tenth or eleventh time, I just turned on the tv and watch it on Mexico's Canal 5.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 am

Bajosexto wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I just watch it whenever its on its TV. Dragon Ball has never,and I repeat NEVER been off the air here in Latin America. Its ALWAYS on SOME form or the other.
I also watch it whenever it is on tv. That is actually the only way I was able to watch dbz growing up. The Latin American dub didn't have a home video release when I was a kid(Dbz still doesn't have a complete release). Which sucks. But luckily DB has always been on tv in Latin America. So when I feel like re-watching dbz again for the tenth or eleventh time, I just turned on the tv and watch it on Mexico's Canal 5.

And it still doesnt!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Bajosexto wrote:

And it still doesnt!
Dragon Ball and GT do. But Dbz only goes up to episode 52 on dvd.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Link o no te creo!

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Link o no te creo!
http://www.anmtvla.com/2012/10/analisis ... l.html?m=1

https://youtu.be/LVoefGCrMmo

https://youtu.be/prbpKSlQtKg

The Mexican release of Dragon Ball only covers up to the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai but the Chilenian release is complete.
Last edited by Bajosexto on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:37 am

Thank God for Chile. Everyone else is freaking screwed tho.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Thank God for Chile. Everyone else is freaking screwed tho.
Chile only has Dragon Ball. The other releases are from Mexico. Though only GT is complete. DB and Z where cancelled early on. The good news is that Zima Entertainment is currently releasing the movies on dvd and Blu ray. They have released up to the Bojack movie. I'm not sure if these are available out of Mexico. You could import them though. There available on ebay. I'm waiting until they've finish releasing all movies and especials to import them together.

http://www.anmtvla.com/2016/02/dragon-b ... a.html?m=1

Who khows, maybe Zima Entertainment will release DB and Dbz on Blu ray once they finish with the movies. I hope they do. It really sucks that after all these years we don't have a complete home release of Dbz.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 am

Well to be fair, DBZ is rerun every 5 minutes in Latin America but it sucks that you cant have either a streaming site and or DVD's with DBZ's LatAM dub in them!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 pm

I don't watch it from beginning to end regularly. I usually rewatch random episodes or entire sagas. For the Z portion I tend to stick with Kai more nowadays as the pacing makes it a breeze to go through Saiyan, Freeza, Artificial Humans and Buu.

The manga? I can't say I've ever read from start to finish exclusively, much like the anime its more a case of having the desire to experience a certain story arc and going through it whenever I want regardless of internal chronology.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 pm

I attempted to rewatch the series around 2011 and stopped at DBZ episode 34, when they cancelled the Levels. I will continue watching it after receiving my 4:3 perfect remaster Blu-rays 8)
Last time I've read the manga was ~2005. I am 100% focused on Dragon Ball projects now and I don't have even a second for the series itself. After finishing all the work, I will definitely reread/rewatch the series.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Bajosexto wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Bajosexto wrote: I also watch it whenever it is on tv. That is actually the only way I was able to watch dbz growing up. The Latin American dub didn't have a home video release when I was a kid(Dbz still doesn't have a complete release). Which sucks. But luckily DB has always been on tv in Latin America. So when I feel like re-watching dbz again for the tenth or eleventh time, I just turned on the tv and watch it on Mexico's Canal 5.

And it still doesnt!
I'm not the type of guy who supports unofficial products (I have spent thousands on the DB franchise for god's sake!), but I wanted to watch Dragon Ball in Spanish and on eBay they have the entire thing... like the entire thing (including Kai, Battle of Gods, etc.) from the Mexican dub on DVD for like $30. If they had official releases, I'd get them, but they don't. The quality could be better, but it gets the point across. All I wanted out of it was audio. If I could find a Westwood version like that, I'd be more than happy to be honest.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:00 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
Bajosexto wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: And it still doesnt!
I'm not the type of guy who supports unofficial products (I have spent thousands on the DB franchise for god's sake!), but I wanted to watch Dragon Ball in Spanish and on eBay they have the entire thing... like the entire thing (including Kai, Battle of Gods, etc.) from the Mexican dub on DVD for like $30. If they had official releases, I'd get them, but they don't. The quality could be better, but it gets the point across. All I wanted out of it was audio. If I could find a Westwood version like that, I'd be more than happy to be honest.
Actually Dragon Ball, DBZ, DBGT, the movies/especials (currently being released on Blu ray in Mexico) and Battle of Gods/Resurrection 'F' do have official releases. Dragon Ball has two DVD releases. One Mexican version that was cancelled after the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai and one completed Chilean version that uses footage from FUNi's blue bricks. DBZ has one cancelled Mexican DVD home release. Only 52 episodes are available. GT has one complete Mexican DVD release. Which I've heard isn't very good. The movies are currently being released on Blu ray (and for the first time) by Zima entertainment in Mexico. They're a transfer of FUNi's Blu rays. And BoG and Resurrection 'F' where released on Blu ray and DVD respectively back when the movies came out in Latin America.

Basically, with the exception of Dbz and Kai, you can buy the complete official releases of the Latin American dub on home video. But only if you live in Mexico and Chile. You could import them. At least to the U.S. The official Mexican releases (cancelled DB, cancelled Dbz, GT and the movies) are available on eBay. But the complete Chilean release of DB is not. So though they exist, it's not so easy to buy them. Unless you know of someone or somewhere who sells them online.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Bajosexto wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:
Bajosexto wrote: Dragon Ball and GT do. But Dbz only goes up to episode 52 on dvd.
Actually Dragon Ball, DBZ, DBGT, the movies/especials (currently being released on Blu ray in Mexico) and Battle of Gods/Resurrection 'F' do have official releases. Dragon Ball has two DVD releases. One Mexican version that was cancelled after the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai and one complete Chilean version that uses footage from FUNi's blue bricks. DBZ has one cancelled Mexican DVD home release. Only 52 episodes are available. GT has one complete Mexican DVD release. Which I've heard isn't very good. The movies are currently being released on Blu ray (and for the first time) by Zima entertainment in Mexico. They're a transfer of FUNi's Blu rays. And BoG and Resurrection 'F' where released on Blu ray and DVD respectively back when the movies came out in Latin America.

Basically, with the exception of Dbz and Kai, you can buy the complete official releases of the Latin American dub on home video. But only if you live in Mexico and Chile. You could import them. At least to the U.S. The official Mexican releases (cancelled DB, cancelled Dbz, GT and the movies) are available on eBay. But the complete Chilean release of DB is not. So though they exist, it's not so easy to buy them. Unless you know of someone or somewhere who sells them online.
First of all, I did not want, nor care for the inclusion of Kai and Battle of Gods in that set. It just came with it. I wanted all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, for GT and the movies, I could take them or leave them. While I realize that I could have probably found something, it still wouldn't be complete. I also don't care for VHS (to me it is an absolutely outdated format and I don't even have a VHS player), so if there are any releases that were only on VHS, that wouldn't serve me either. Basically, I tried looking for different Mexican dub releases, but it was way more problematic than worth it. So, here we are and I got what I got.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Not that much. I rewatch some episodes from time to time.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:First of all, I did not want, nor care for the inclusion of Kai and Battle of Gods in that set. It just came with it. I wanted all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, for GT and the movies, I could take them or leave them. While I realize that I could have probably found something, it still wouldn't be complete. I also don't care for VHS (to me it is an absolutely outdated format and I don't even have a VHS player), so if there are any releases that were only on VHS, that wouldn't serve me either. Basically, I tried looking for different Mexican dub releases, but it was way more problematic than worth it. So, here we are and I got what I got.
Just to clarify the official Mexican and Chilean releases are on DVD not on VHS.

I get you. Like I said, the official Mexican and Chilean releases are hard to get. And for the longest time didn't exist. So before 2010-2012 (not exactly sure when they first were released) we had no official releases of the Latin American dub. I would lie if I said I've never bought those "unofficial fan made" DVDs of the LatAm dub. I have. But nowadays I prefer to own and support the official release. Which for the Latin American dub of Dbz doesn't really exist. Besides the first 52 epispdes. But it is what it is.

EDIT: Dbz was released up till episode 74 and not 52 like I had said.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:24 pm

I reread it on a regular basis but haven't rewatched anything yet. I'm hoping to watch Abridged with my friend who I reference it to sometimes, and I'll definitely rewatch DB and Z when I buy the DVDs.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu