"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:15 am

cheddarsword wrote:
Also, Gods can't be affected by magic in Xenoverse. In the manga, Zamasu mentions how his Godhood was incomplete. To quote Beerus: That's blasphemous.
In Xenoverse it was never stated that Gods couldn't be effected by magic, it only stated that those with God Ki couldn't be possessed by Demigra. For all we know, this possession magic could be a stronger variation, or those with God Ki can be effected if they are willing (With the power boost it gives, I think Zamasu would agree to get it). Remember, Zamasu mentions the Time Patrol by name at the end of the arc, despite prior missions showing he didn't know of them before hand.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:27 pm

So it's been so long since I last had to do it that I can't remember - how do you get Guru to increase your level cap again? I'm at Lv. 87 currently, but I know we just got another cap raise and I was going to go ahead and do it, and it doesn't seem to be triggering for me from his place.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So it's been so long since I last had to do it that I can't remember - how do you get Guru to increase your level cap again? I'm at Lv. 87 currently, but I know we just got another cap raise and I was going to go ahead and do it, and it doesn't seem to be triggering for me from his place.
You'll have to hit LV. 90. Once you do that, you should get a message saying to go see Guru. You'll have to do the same thing when you hit LV. 95 as well.

If you don't see a message, exit to the main menu and reload your character.

Once you release the level cap with one character, you won't have to do it for subsequent characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Weird, I didn't think I had to hit the previously max level first. I'll have to remember to do that at each instance now then.

Back to grinding for skills/outfit pieces again for now then, and loathing the RNG as usual. Might be a lot more forgiving than the first game, but man is it still evil.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Weird, I didn't think I had to hit the previously max level first. I'll have to remember to do that at each instance now then.

Back to grinding for skills/outfit pieces again for now then, and loathing the RNG as usual. Might be a lot more forgiving than the first game, but man is it still evil.
Why not farm Dragon Balls or speed run EM16 with 40 Ton Weights? At the very least, more power means faster clears for outfit/skill grinding.

Also, can anyone confirm the new stat cap? How many stats can you max at 125 and do you have any leftovers?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Why not farm Dragon Balls or speed run EM16 with 40 Ton Weights? At the very least, more power means faster clears for outfit/skill grinding.
Farming Dragon Balls is already tedious enough to do to get more TP medals, can't see myself wanting to do so just to wish for level ups each time. I've pretty much kept 40 Ton Weights on my character ever since getting it though. Which EM is 16? It's entirely possible I haven't gotten to where I can play that one yet, one of them I got stuck on and couldn't beat at one point and haven't gone back to try in a while.
Twitter

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:Why not farm Dragon Balls or speed run EM16 with 40 Ton Weights? At the very least, more power means faster clears for outfit/skill grinding.
Farming Dragon Balls is already tedious enough to do to get more TP medals, can't see myself wanting to do so just to wish for level ups each time. I've pretty much kept 40 Ton Weights on my character ever since getting it though. Which EM is 16? It's entirely possible I haven't gotten to where I can play that one yet, one of them I got stuck on and couldn't beat at one point and haven't gone back to try in a while.
EM16: In the Realm of the Gods: Vegeta. You get 5 minutes to beat the crap out of SSB Vegeta. With 40 Ton Weights, you can get anywhere from 130,000 to 200,000+ exp in one run and 16 TP medals per run. I use Ki blast skills, but some do well with melee. My average time is arround 2 minutes per run.

For the heck of it: EM17: In the Realm of the Gods: Goku. You start with 1:30 and get more time as you take of certain amounts of SSB Goku's health bar. This mission is nigh impossible online due to his increased stats. The only way is to use a good blast type setup. Frankly though, this mission gives less exp and cash on average. 16 TP medals still though.

Good luck with EM18 and EM19. Good blast builds seem to work but I don't know if they're viable for farming. 17 TP medals.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
EM16: In the Realm of the Gods: Vegeta. You get 5 minutes to beat the crap out of SSB Vegeta. With 40 Ton Weights, you can get anywhere from 130,000 to 200,000+ exp in one run and 16 TP medals per run. I use Ki blast skills, but some do well with melee. My average time is arround 2 minutes per run.

For the heck of it: EM17: In the Realm of the Gods: Goku. You start with 1:30 and get more time as you take of certain amounts of SSB Goku's health bar. This mission is nigh impossible online due to his increased stats. The only way is to use a good blast type setup. Frankly though, this mission gives less exp and cash on average. 16 TP medals still though.

Good luck with EM18 and EM19. Good blast builds seem to work but I don't know if they're viable for farming. 17 TP medals.
Vegeta is a total pushover in EM16. The hardest part of the mission is actually getting to hit him with the AI pinballing him around all the time. As for 18 (I believe that's the Broly mission), if you poison him it greatly reduces his defense. Also helps if you debuff and stun him with Guldo's super soul.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

Vegeta is a total pushover in EM16. The hardest part of the mission is actually getting to hit him with the AI pinballing him around all the time. As for 18 (I believe that's the Broly mission), if you poison him it greatly reduces his defense. Also helps if you debuff and stun him with Guldo's super soul.
So THAT'S why that guy i watched kept using innocence bullet... makes sense now.

Anyway, I thought I'd also mention my method for Dragon Ball farming.

PQ Mission 4. Pick your character, and then only take 1 other character with you. That's important. Preferably someone with low health. Trunks (Future) is a safer bet more often than not.

After that, Beat Yamcha, Krillin and Tien (beyond pushovers) and then take on the time patrollers. Here's why it was important to pick 1 low health helper. If your helper(s) take down a time patroller before you, that's a chance for a dragon ball that you've missed. So you don't want your chances to diminish. But with no help at all, you'll have up to 3 time patrollers on you at all times. Two might be manageable, but three's too difficult with no help.

Your meat shield/helper will likely get K.O.ed, but by then, you should be ready to take on his attacker(s).

If you get no dragon balls, simply lather, rinse and repeat with the Retry Button. Supposedly, you can get up to 3 dragon balls per run. At most, I've gotten 2 in one run this way, but that's rare.

Using this method, if I stay hard at it, it takes me about 1 hour to get a full set.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Just checked, and yeah, I got stuck in Expert Mission 14, 'Huge Blasts for Great Apes'. I could be remembering wrong, but I want to say Janemba pops up towards the end of that one, for some reason, and I just kept not being able to beat it fast enough? Not entirely sure. That's way too close to that other good mission to spam for EXP though, so I guess I should get back to taking on those again and see if I do any better with some of my newer skills.
Twitter

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Just checked, and yeah, I got stuck in Expert Mission 14, 'Huge Blasts for Great Apes'. I could be remembering wrong, but I want to say Janemba pops up towards the end of that one, for some reason, and I just kept not being able to beat it fast enough? Not entirely sure. That's way too close to that other good mission to spam for EXP though, so I guess I should get back to taking on those again and see if I do any better with some of my newer skills.
It's not too bad if you play online. I usually fly high up and just spam the charged Ki blasts at their head until the break meter is gone, then just give 'em hell 'till it refills. Great Ape Baby is the final one I believe. Cheating bastard can target you all the way at the top and actually hit you. (Yes, I'm aware of my hypocrisy.)

Just target Janemba when he shows up. Don't leave him to his own devices or you'll regret it.

Oh yeah, it's worth noting that if you start holding the Ki blast button immediately after releasing it to fire the charged blast, it begins charging again while you're firing. With good timing, you can keep a steady stream going, especially with Rush type blasts.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:51 am

While the TP Medal wish buff is nice and all, you really are still better off farming Goku's expert mission offline. One Cooler Supernova for me at least does enough damage to buy me 40 seconds on the timer. The mission really is a cakewalk and while the 200 medal wish is tempting, you are still relying on the RNG to let Time Patrollers drop Dragon Balls. Even on Oozaru festival where you get 6 chances (I've even had 4 balls drop in a mission before) you are still dice rolling with the RNG where Goku's expert missions is quicker, easier, awards more money and exp, and a guaranteed 16 medals.

In the time it could take you to even get all 7 balls, you could easily rack up 200 medals from the expert mission alone and in a potentially shorter amount of time. This paired with the larger zeni and xp rewards and the TP Medal wish is just something thats handy when available, but I wouldnt make that the source of your medal income.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 am

Not sure if anyone around here's noticed yet, but apparently you can now go SS3 with only 3 Ki bars. Looks like Melee based saiyans that don't rely much on Ki just became more potent.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:18 pm

So what's the quickest way to get the Dragon Balls in this game?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:38 pm

I have a question regarding the game.

I know there is in training mod. But is there a way to change difficulty settings in the vs offline matches too?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Oh hey, I have over a billion zeni. :P
dragonball0900 wrote:Is there a way to change difficulty settings in the vs offline matches too?
Unfortunately not. You're confined to the one difficulty and a three minute time limit.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Bullza wrote:So what's the quickest way to get the Dragon Balls in this game?
Much like the first game, I would say Oozaru festival. You get 3 Patrollers at the start of the mission at the Pod Landing area and 3 more upon completing Ultimate Finish conditions. 6 chances for a Dragon Ball to drop.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:17 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Bullza wrote:So what's the quickest way to get the Dragon Balls in this game?
Much like the first game, I would say Oozaru festival. You get 3 Patrollers at the start of the mission at the Pod Landing area and 3 more upon completing Ultimate Finish conditions. 6 chances for a Dragon Ball to drop.
Alright thanks​ I'll give it a try.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:54 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:More DLC is confirmed
So in other words, we're not gonna be saying goodbye to raid quests just yet. As long as the final update gives us access to all raid mission DLC or we get multiple chances at it, I can live with it.