"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:More DLC is confirmed
This really peaked my interest. Not gonna lie, except of trying out the DLC packs for a couple of days after coming out I haven't touched the game in a long time, but with this new pack I kind of rediscovered my excitement for the game. Went back and am trying to complete all Expert Missions, since I dropped doing them after the 10th since they were kinda boring and I hate playing with other people, then I plan to get Ultimate Finishes for all PQs and maybe even level up Codobelc to 99 (poor guy is just 81 at the moment). So, all this considered, I'm happy I have some more stuff to look forward to once all that is done!

Edit: Since I brought it up, how many Expert Missions are there? I'm on 15 right now.
Last edited by Draconic on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:38 pm

The thing that peaks my interest is the word 'Expansion'. It could simply be a thing of the translation, but Expansion is usually used to refer to much bigger DLC.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Kanassa wrote:The thing that peaks my interest is the word 'Expansion'. It could simply be a thing of the translation, but Expansion is usually used to refer to much bigger DLC.
Considering they finished up the Season Pass already, is it safe to assume that whatever this is, it'll be free to everyone?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:The thing that peaks my interest is the word 'Expansion'. It could simply be a thing of the translation, but Expansion is usually used to refer to much bigger DLC.
If it's going to be along the lines of Road to Boruto, it may add some new story content and a couple extras on the side. I'd kind of be surprised if we don't get the things most people are asking for, though (raid rewards ple~~ease). My hopes are up for the time being, at least!
cheddarsword wrote:Considering they finished up the Season Pass already, is it safe to assume that whatever this is, it'll be free to everyone?
I'd wager that it'll be included in the Switch version of the game from the start, and XBO/PS4/PC players will have to buy it separately. That's also how Road to Boruto was, which is why I'm expecting it for this. Only time will tell, I suppose.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:More DLC is confirmed
That's cool. The lifespan of this game got extended more than I thought it would.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm

After Dabra and Buuhan, I could see Baby and Super 13 be next.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I hope they add Baby Vegeta and Uub. Weird that they'd leave out those two out.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Buuhan is largely pointless if you ask me. Super Buu with a Kamehameha or 2 and some Kamikaze Ghosts. Thats more or less it. Dabra however should be shoe-in. Super 13 may as well get included to round out the movie villains (plus he could have a few interesting moves to add to the game).

Other than that, just flesh out the GT roster and save the new additions from Super till the third game. Bebi Vegeta, GT Uub, Rildo, GT outfits for Vegeta, Gohan, Videl, etc. Still a plenty decent amount of material to use there thats going untapped.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:After Dabra and Buuhan, I could see Baby and Super 13 be next.
They still need to do Full Power Bojack.
Hopefully they hear the fan complaints and give us Ikari Trunks in the next DLC!

The Xenoverse series has sold a over 7 million. XV1 was at 3.13 million last February (that was the last update on sales), so XV2 has likely either matched or exceeded the first game's sales.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I have no interest in getting any of the DLC, for one it didn't even include any extra trophies or anything but all this stuff, the characters and the stages will just be made part of Xenoverse 3 which might come out next year.

I don't mind seeing them add new characters though, there's plenty to add. Personally I'd think adding Z characters who have been in plenty of games already would be boring.

How about Toppo, Bergamo and the Zen Exhibition stage?

Why have they not had Demigra and Mira's Final Form playable?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Bullza wrote:I have no interest in getting any of the DLC, for one it didn't even include any extra trophies or anything but all this stuff, the characters and the stages will just be made part of Xenoverse 3 which might come out next year.

I don't mind seeing them add new characters though, there's plenty to add. Personally I'd think adding Z characters who have been in plenty of games already would be boring.

FighterZ is next year, Xenoverse 3 won't come until 2019, and I'm guessing it will come in Fall 2019 at that.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:44 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Bullza wrote:I have no interest in getting any of the DLC, for one it didn't even include any extra trophies or anything but all this stuff, the characters and the stages will just be made part of Xenoverse 3 which might come out next year.

FighterZ is next year, Xenoverse 3 won't come until 2019, and I'm guessing it will come in Fall 2019 at that.
It can come out in 2020 for all I care. The longer it takes, the better.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:01 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

It can come out in 2020 for all I care. The longer it takes, the better.
The assumption that the longer a game is in development, the better it is, isn't always the case. A long, slow development is just as effective as a short, quick one. It's the quality of work done within the time given that matters. Who knows? If they had actually done right by Duke Nukem Forever, we may have gotten a far better game. The same could be said for Final Fantasy XV. Sure it's good, but imagine if they stayed hard at work instead of flip flopping and shifting around all those years. Maybe it could have dethroned VI and VII?

Unless of course you're stating that you don't like the game in which case, that was harsh, but understandable.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:06 pm

cheddarsword wrote: The assumption that the longer a game is in development, the better it is, isn't always the case. A long, slow development is just as effective as a short, quick one. It's quality vs. quantity really.

Unless of course you're stating that you don't like the game in which case, that was harsh, but understandable.
Less than 2 years for the development of a large game us sub-optimal. 3 years is generally a good sweet spot, but 4 years is becoming increasingly normal.
once you go over 5 years that's when the length of development can start to become a detriment.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: The assumption that the longer a game is in development, the better it is, isn't always the case. A long, slow development is just as effective as a short, quick one. It's quality vs. quantity really.

Less than 2 years for the development of a large game us sub-optimal. 3 years is generally a good sweet spot, but 4 years is becoming increasingly normal.
once you go over 5 years that's when the length of development can start to become a detriment.
I would attempt to refute this with Soul Calibur 5 being developed in 8 months, but considering that the game does have a notable lack of certain content (such as a decent story mode) I think I'd just end up proving your point. Best Soul Calibur game to date, but eh, still has flaws from being rushed.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 pm

cheddarsword wrote: I would attempt to refute this with Soul Calibur 5 being developed in 8 months, but considering that the game does have a notable lack of certain content (such as a decent story mode) I think I'd just end up proving your point. Best Soul Calibur game to date, but eh, still has flaws from being rushed.
No it wasn't, SC5 was announced to be in development 13 months before it released (not under the name Soul Calibur 5 though), and it's unclear how long it was in development before that. Just because the official announcement of the game as "Soul Calibur 5" came 8 months before launch doesn't mean that's when development started, games are usually announced well after development has started.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

cheddarsword wrote:[ The same could be said for Final Fantasy XV. Sure it's good, but imagine if they stayed hard at work instead of flip flopping and shifting around all those years. Maybe it could have dethroned VI and VII?
It's already far better than Final Fantasy VI though.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:14 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: I would attempt to refute this with Soul Calibur 5 being developed in 8 months, but considering that the game does have a notable lack of certain content (such as a decent story mode) I think I'd just end up proving your point. Best Soul Calibur game to date, but eh, still has flaws from being rushed.
No it wasn't, SC5 was announced to be in development 13 months before it released (not under the name Soul Calibur 5 though), and it's unclear how long it was in development before that. Just because the official announcement of the game as "Soul Calibur 5" came 8 months before launch doesn't mean that's when development started, games are usually announced well after development has started.
:shock: Those fucking... And they had the nerve to call what I said word vomit! :evil:

Those assholes on 8-wayrun told me 8 months. I believed them because I figured they were the experts! :evil:

Now that I know the truth, I'm even more disappointed with SC5. Considering all of the re-used assets (models, movesets, CaC parts) and crappy story mode, I figured 8 months was feasable. Knowing that they had AT LEAST 13 months... :evil:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Alright, getting back on-topic to talk about Xenoverse 2...

I don't understand the "surprise" feeling some here demonstrated, it was said XV2 would get support for one year. Still, I'm glad that they'll keep their promise. Hopefully that means two more DLCs (in August and October, as we know). But those DLCs must really come with big addition, otherwise there wouldn't be enough reason to buy them. A few more characters that won't participate in a Story Mode and will be added just for the sake of being playable are pointless (looking at you Dabura and at everyone wishing for him to be added). Even Super Saiyan Rage is pointless by this point since the model of his hair is the same as Super Saiyan 2 (he only has the proper hair in the CG cutscene).

Anyway, I'm still happy that more content will come as promised and hopefully they'll cover the choices we made for Bardock and Trunks and the entity Trunks mentioned in the end of Universe 6 saga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 pm

Played around with stuff a bit. Potential Unleashed and Divinity Unleashed work together very well. My Saiyan was recovering almost 5 ki bars in a single combo chain while both were active. :shock: Super attacks for days! Plus, it looks really cool with that brilliant white aura:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Once you have a good charge going, the character is completely hidden by the aura. It's just a raging white light. :lol:

As far as I can tell, it has no effect on the ki recovery rate of 17 and 18's super souls at all.