tournament of power last 10 remaining fighters?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

khazgore

tournament of power last 10 remaining fighters?

Post by khazgore » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 am

whats you opinion on the last 10 remaining fighters in the tournament of power?

my prediction.

universe 7
- goku
- vegeta
-frieza
-gohan

universe 11
- jiren
- toppo
- dyspo

universe 2
- Brianne de Chateau

universe 6
-hit

universe 4
- fox

precita
Banned

Re: tournament of power last 10 remaining fighters?

Post by precita » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 am

Goku and Gohan is very likely, and the new ending implies it even more. I do wonder when Vegeta and Freeza will get knocked out, sometime before the end.

Jiren, Toppo, Hit are sure bets to make it to the end. I also think we'll see either Caulifa or Kale make it towards the end (but not both), so we'll remain to be seen there. A lot of the other fighters don't seem to have much build-up going for them, so it seems like they'll lose early.

khazgore

Post by khazgore » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:27 am

precita wrote:Goku and Gohan is very likely, and the new ending implies it even more. I do wonder when Vegeta and Freeza will get knocked out, sometime before the end.

Jiren, Toppo, Hit are sure bets to make it to the end. I also think we'll see either Caulifa or Kale make it towards the end (but not both), so we'll remain to be seen there. A lot of the other fighters don't seem to have much build-up going for them, so it seems like they'll lose early.
thanks for reply!
nice spot in the ending.. i do agree that the new ending implies that father and son will fight together until the end.
i quess frieza, arrogant and strong as he is will remain atleast top 10-20. he will probably knock out several lower level fighters, but at some point, he will grab more than he can handle. i do believe that toppo will be the one to beat frieza.
and i fear they will do a repeat were the strongest fighter which is jiren will beat vegeta:P

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 am

It's very difficult to predict. There are gonna be unexpected eliminations for sure. I bet for a three team draw. I'm gonna put some more, but they'll loose for being less. U10 and U9 are doomed, probably U2, U3 and U4 too, but I'm gonna keep one for each.

U7:
Goku
Gohan
Freeza

U11:
Jiren
Toppo
Dyspo

U6:
Hit
Frost
Caulifla

U2:
Ribrianne

U3:
Nigrisshi

U4:
Green little guy
Heno heno kappa!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:15 am

Hopefully Gohan is eliminated first next episode :lol: easily my least favorite character.

Likely though Ill have to watch his sorry butt until the end. I think its most likely the ten in the OP but we may be surprised.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:29 am

Lol i love how this thread is underrestimating 17 ! i can totally see him lasting longer than Frieza just because Frieza was last minute twist doesn't mean he will last longer than a character who has been hyped up months before he showed up.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 am

Lapislettuce wrote:Lol i love how this thread is underrestimating 17 ! i can totally see him lasting longer than Frieza just because Frieza was last minute twist doesn't mean he will last longer than a character who has been hyped up months before he showed up.
He wasnt hyped for months. He had two episodes which had the least plot and made less sense than anyone elses minus Roshi. He was given the same treatment as everyone else basically.

On the other hand we know Frieza is as strong as SSB while 17 just isnt. We know 100% Goku was holding back against 17 but not Frieza.

Granted power isnt everything and you may be right.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:37 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Lol i love how this thread is underrestimating 17 ! i can totally see him lasting longer than Frieza just because Frieza was last minute twist doesn't mean he will last longer than a character who has been hyped up months before he showed up.
He wasnt hyped for months. He had two episodes which had the least plot and made less sense than anyone elses minus Roshi. He was given the same treatment as everyone else basically.

On the other hand we know Frieza is as strong as SSB while 17 just isnt. We know 100% Goku was holding back against 17 but not Frieza.

Granted power isnt everything and you may be right.
Uhhh i think you might be forgetting that 17 PUSHED goku to ssb as Goku himself said "i didn't intend to" meaning he didn't intend to go ssb with 17 but he got overpowered so he did, second 17 was HOLDING BACK TOO why do people who downplay him always forget this major detail ? lol and third he was hyped up for months ever since february he had his own poster, trailer, 2 magazines spread and he shows up in the opening more than most other characters.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote: On the other hand we know Frieza is as strong as SSB while 17 just isnt. We know 100% Goku was holding back against 17 but not Frieza.
What show are you watching ? 17 is up there.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 am

Slaythe wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote: On the other hand we know Frieza is as strong as SSB while 17 just isnt. We know 100% Goku was holding back against 17 but not Frieza.
I'm not saying he isnt up there. I'm saying he isnt as strong as the top 4. There is no shame in that. Actually he may be stronger than Gohan but not Vegeta, Goku or Frieza.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:10 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
I'm not saying he isnt up there. I'm saying he isnt as strong as the top 4. There is no shame in that. Actually he may be stronger than Gohan but not Vegeta, Goku or Frieza.
The lines are completely blurred. Even if he wasn't as strong (something you have no way of knowing, considering it was stated both Goku and 17 held back, implying 17 could go much higher too), his perfect defense and infinite stamina definitely gives him an edge. Goku is a cheater with his Kaioken x10 so I feel like he's out of the competition.

Gohan is a good comparison, he is also within the same range as them.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:18 am

Slaythe wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
The lines are completely blurred. Even if he wasn't as strong (something you have no way of knowing, considering it was stated both Goku and 17 held back, implying 17 could go much higher too), his perfect defense and infinite stamina definitely gives him an edge. Goku is a cheater with his Kaioken x10 so I feel like he's out of the competition.

Its not really cheating. Anyone can in theory use Kaioken they just choose not to learn it :lol:

My point was just we know he isnt stronger than SSB Goku...its logical. Maybe not know but can say with high certainty. We also know Frieza and Goku are equal without Kaioken. That is why I say less than Frieza and Goku.

Vegeta is a wildcard but as best supporting actor I doubt he has been surpassed by a U7 fighter like 17....it just wouldnt make narrarative sense within the story.

That leaves Gohan who we know is similar to SSB but have no exact gauge on. So its definitely his best comparison.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Its not really cheating. Anyone can in theory use Kaioken they just choose not to learn it :lol:

My point was just we know he isnt stronger than SSB Goku...its logical. Maybe not know but can say with high certainty. We also know Frieza and Goku are equal without Kaioken. That is why I say less than Frieza and Goku.

Vegeta is a wildcard but as best supporting actor I doubt he has been surpassed by a U7 fighter like 17....it just wouldnt make narrarative sense within the story.

That leaves Gohan who we know is similar to SSB but have no exact gauge on. So its definitely his best comparison.
No one said 17 was stronger than ssb but he could be equal or stronger considering 17 PUSHED Goku to ssb as Goku said he didn't intend to transform, 17 went toe to toe with a portion of ssb while saving his strength so how can you acknowldege Gohna being top tier when he HAD TO ASK Goku to be serious and 17 didn't have to ask anything he just overpowered Goku enough for him to go blue and you forget the fact that both Dende and Goku agree that 17 would be A TERRIFYING ennemy.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:23 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Slaythe wrote:

No one said 17 was stronger than ssb but he could be equal or stronger considering 17 PUSHED Goku to ssb as Goku said he didn't intend to transform, 17 went toe to toe with a portion of ssb while saving his strength so how can you acknowldege Gohna being top tier when he HAD TO ASK Goku to be serious and 17 didn't have to ask anything he just overpowered Goku enough for him to go blue and you forget the fact that both Dende and Goku agree that 17 would be A TERRIFYING ennemy.
Gohan is my absolute least favorite character and I hope he not only gets killed in the TOP but is erased forever.

For me to defend him in any way means I'm just using facts the show has shown.

Also FWIW Gohan asked him to use full power not SSB or to "be serious" he never used full power against 17 either.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Gohan is my absolute least favorite character and I hope he not only gets killed in the TOP but is erased forever.

Also FWIW Gohan asked him to use full power not SSB or to "be serious" he never used full power against 17 either.
That's because 17 WAS HOLDING BACK and Gohan was full power against ssj2 Goku, 17 was strong enough to push Goku to ssb and keeping up with that portion of ssb Goku used while holding back, you're also ignoring the fact that we don't know 17's full extent power so you can't put a limit on him that's first, second you also ignored what Dende said and Goku confirmed after he fought 17.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:33 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: No one said 17 was stronger than ssb but he could be equal or stronger considering 17 PUSHED Goku to ssb as Goku said he didn't intend to transform, 17 went toe to toe with a portion of ssb while saving his strength so how can you acknowldege Gohna being top tier when he HAD TO ASK Goku to be serious and 17 didn't have to ask anything he just overpowered Goku enough for him to go blue and you forget the fact that both Dende and Goku agree that 17 would be A TERRIFYING ennemy.

That's because 17 WAS HOLDING BACK and Gohan was full power against ssj2 Goku, 17 was strong enough to push Goku to ssb and keeping up with that portion of ssb Goku used while holding back, you're also ignoring the fact that we don't know 17's full extent power so you can't put a limit on him that's first, second you also ignored what Dende said and Goku confirmed after he fought 17.
I'm going to say this once. Chill out and stop spazzing. Sorry I offended your favorite character by saying hes possibly the 4th strongest. I never said Gohan was stronger I said they are comparable. Youre making broad assumptions on limited information.

Zeno's button

Post by Zeno's button » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:41 am

Goku
Vegeta
Frieza
Hit
Caulifla
Frost
Jiren
Toppo
Dypso
Brianne

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

I'm going to say this once. Chill out and stop spazzing. Sorry I offended your favorite character by saying hes possibly the 4th strongest. I never said Gohan was stronger I said they are comparable. Youre making broad assumptions on limited information.
Sorry if i sounded mad or borderline i just thought i was arguing normally and informing you about stuff i thought you didn't know. sorry for the confusion again. peace.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

It's waay to soon to say it with certainty for the whole bunch of fighters in there..

I will only talk about some universes

Universe 7 -

Gohan
Goku

Universe 6 -

Magetta
Cabba

Universe 11 -

Toppo
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 pm

While I did my Prediction for about what 13 will be left, I will scale that down to 10 for the thread request.

Here are My 10:

Universe 11:
Jiren
Toppo
Dyspo

Universe 2:
Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne

Universe 6:
Hit
Caulifla
Kale

Universe 7:
Goku
Gohan
Frieza
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker