"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 am

Sooo while Goku is teaching Kale and Caulifla, is anyone else hoping that a rematch between Hit and Vegeta will be happening??
How i predict the tournament will end:

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am

Yeah, I think I've just about given up on the arc at this point.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am

RedHeat wrote:Hahahaha! Caulifla going SSJB would be fantastic! So much rage would issue. Good times are ahead.
Nah, that'd just be the confirmation this show utterly sucks. :lol: :lol:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am

Lapislettuce wrote: He said something along those lines or maybe something like he wants to improve his mystic form but his fans literally took it as a confirmation for a new transformation like some ssj white bs or something.
Let people dream you selfish ningen! if that was 17 you would be flippin out going to your own world with fantasies of what his vague words meant (btw I didnt take the Gohan's words as it being a transformation as well, more so along the lines of him improving his ultimate form, then again this is the same show that gave Future Trunks SSJ Rage)

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 am

incarnati0n wrote:I know this might sound like a really long shot, but is it possible that the ED gave away the order of elimination?
NO because i don't see Roshi making it that far.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 am

So that's confirmation that Universe 9 bites the dust first. I really hope it's not a scenario where Goku singlehandedly does it himself and eliminates all members of Universe 9. That would be pretty anticlimactic and go against the whole "teamwork" approach of this arc.

It really sucks that Krillin is first member of Universe 7 to get eliminated. I'd though with how much love the writers have been giving him in extensional episodes that he'd be on the last contestants remaining. Oh well.

I'm also 110% sure that Caulifla is not going to become a SSJB, as how would Goku even find the time to teach her in the middle of a tournament that lasts only 48 minutes? And why would Goku be dumb enough to teach an opponent how to get stronger in middle of universal level high-stakes event? It's just a red herring thrown in for the sake of the narrative having an excuse for Kale to go Berserker Saiyan on everyone and have her "moment".

EDIT: Just re-read the spoilers and it looks like Goku does eliminate all of them. Fingers crossed they pull a fast one on that.
EDIT: Also spotted that Krillin is worried about 18 in one of the spoiler. If that concern he has for her leads to him getting distracted and eliminated, then at least that will be easier to swallow his being the first to be eliminated.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 am

Lord Beerus wrote:So that's confirmation that Universe 9 bites the dust first. I really hope it's not a scenario where Goku singlehandedly does it himself and eliminates all members of Universe 9. That would be pretty anticlimactic and go against the whole "teamwork" approach of this arc.

It really sucks that Krillin is first member of Universe 7 to get eliminated. I'd though with how much love the writers have been giving him in extensional episodes that he'd be on the last contestants remaining. Oh well.

I'm also 110% sure that Caulifla is not going to become a SSJB, as how would Goku even find the time to teach her in the middle of a tournament that lasts only 48 minutes? And why would Goku be dumb enough to teach an opponent how to get stronger in middle of universal level high-stakes event? It's just a red herring thrown in for the sake of the narrative having an excuse for Kale to go Berserker Saiyan on everyone and have her "moment".
This is Goku we're talking about man, he'll teach her for a bigger challenge, he's been jolly af ever since this whole thing began :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:So Goku is literally eliminating U9 all by himself. Nice, congratulations. How boring.
This is another Goku and Vegeta arc in desguise
Thats how it was in Toriyamas outline for the Trunks Arc.(Centered on Goku and Vegeta).

If you want all the characters to shine, let Toyotaro have full creative control, at least you wont get bait and switches or has beens being relevant :thumbup:
Trunks was the main star in that stage with Goku being a secondary. In the grand scheme of thing, Vegeta was the least important.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

Gray Riders wrote:Yeah, I think I've just about given up on the arc at this point.
Haven't given up, but I've been brought down to earth for sure. My excitement and expectations were sky high until the tournament started. The combination of episode 97 with these leaks have lowered my expectations completely. I'm back in "Whatever happens, happens" mode.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:57 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: He said something along those lines or maybe something like he wants to improve his mystic form but his fans literally took it as a confirmation for a new transformation like some ssj white bs or something.
Let people dream you selfish ningen! if that was 17 you would be flippin out going to your own world with fantasies of what his vague words meant (btw I didnt take the Gohan's words as it being a transformation as well, more so along the lines of him improving his ultimate form, then again this is the same show that gave Future Trunks SSJ Rage)
I never said it was you who said it, i just see people posting about Gohan going ssj white and defeating Jiren a lot in fan groups and i wonder where they came up with that . (wouldn't be that surprised if he does transform but still no confirmation of any new transformation for Gohan yet.)

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:00 am

Lord Beerus wrote:So that's confirmation that Universe 9 bites the dust first. I really didn't want it to be a scenario where Goku singlehandedly does it himself and eliminates all members of Universe 9. That's so pretty anticlimactic and goes against the whole "teamwork" approach of this arc.
My guess is that the writers want to continue "it's Goku's fault the universes are in danger of being erased"! While I do understand there's misconception because while Goku only wanted the tournament promised by Zeno; it was Zeno who wanted to erase low level universes and this was the way for them to save themselves from certain destruction. Which is why Vados mentioned they should at least thank Goku for giving them a chance to save their universe in the tournament.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:02 am

Lord Beerus wrote:So that's confirmation that Universe 9 bites the dust first. I really hope it's not a scenario where Goku singlehandedly does it himself and eliminates all members of Universe 9. That would be pretty anticlimactic and go against the whole "teamwork" approach of this arc.

The preview seems to imply that Vegeta will be helping as well. He's fighting someone from U9 as well. Hopefully there'll be some form of teamwork between them. Even just a little.

As far as Caulifla goes, I think at some point she's going to get SSB. I believe they're making a statement with her. Theyve made her unbelievably gifted to the point where she's probably going to be another Erza.
How i predict the tournament will end:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:02 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
I never said it was you who said it, i just see people posting about Gohan going ssj white and defeating Jiren a lot in fan groups and i wonder where they came up with that . (wouldn't be that surprised if he does transform but still no confirmation of any new transformation for Gohan yet.)
I heard worst, like Jiren whooping Goku's ass and it will be the teamwork of Gohan and Piccolo who beats Jiren. If anyone's getting a new form now its Goku for about 101% sure, Gohan's around a 20-80 to me.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am

incarnati0n wrote:I know this might sound like a really long shot, but is it possible that the ED gave away the order of elimination?
Good to know that I wasn't the only one who thought about this! We obviously know that Goku's not going to get eliminated this early, so why not have him be with his own son and the team leader who cares about the structure and teamwork of the team itself?: Gohan!

But anyways, I really don't know why people are complaining about SSJB Caulifla, it is said nowhere that she actually transforms, it just says that she wants to know how to, and asks Goku to show her how to. There's a complete difference from wanting something, and from actually obtaining it. You never know, maybe this might just be a little story thrown in to drag out the tournament. Or, maybe Goku may come to his senses and not teach Caulifla because she is on a different team, or maybe someone else from U7 may convince Goku not to show/help her. Either way, I'm 90% percent sure that there is no possible way that she will be able to transform. Toriyama knows himself that this will be a huge asspull, and given that transforming into a SSJG requires training or experience with gods (given Vegeta's circumstances), as well as knowing that this tourny is less than an hour, i'm pretty sure that there is no way that that's gonna happen. If it does, then I really hope that Toriyama gives a good reason/explanation for this. Otherwise, i'm pretty sure that it's not gonna happen.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am

Are these also real?

Because it says Jiren will take out Kale.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am

Read something about Jiren taking put Kale on NeoGaf. Might be a rumor. Gonna see if anybody translated it...
Edit: ^Guess it's legit than. Lol
Last edited by Big Black Sayian on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I knew it! So Caulifla is showing Goku SS in hopes Goku teaches her SSGSS and then Kale gets jealous and goes berserk. Kind of saw that coming.
Krilllin worried about 18 huh interesting, and the Pride Troppers approach

People overreacting have gone from Caulifla to now this it's a Goku and Vegeta arc, despite the fact we HAVE NOT seen the episodes and based off of couple sentences in summary all of a sudden people know what's gonna happen. They've foreseen the entire arc. Hilarious.
:lolno:
Scenes when that happens and you'll be here trying to justify this horrible writing and clutching at straws.
And we cross that bridge when we get there. Right now, you're complaining for the sake of it.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:So Goku is literally eliminating U9 all by himself. Nice, congratulations. How boring.
This is another Goku and Vegeta arc in desguise
Thats how it was in Toriyamas outline for the Trunks Arc.(Centered on Goku and Vegeta).

If you want all the characters to shine, let Toyotaro have full creative control, at least you wont get bait and switches or has beens being relevant :thumbup:
Wat? Piccolo's fight in the manga was way worse than in the anime.

If you want all the characters to have shine, make those characters profitable. That is THE only reason Gohan is back

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:07 am

SansrivaaL wrote:

This is Goku we're talking about man, he'll teach her for a bigger challenge, he's been jolly af ever since this whole thing began :lol:
Pretty much. He will train someone to get stronger in the middle of a fight if means a better and fight and Goku has a soft spot for talent. This is part of the reason he keeps sparing Freeza despite his better judgment.
Kanassa wrote:

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 am

I swear that if Caulifla turn SSB, this is going to be the worst episode bar none. Nothing will ever be as bad as that.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol: