"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:23 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Just had something I'd not seen before happen. I got an energy shard of some kind or something, and it popped up saying I had too many of them so it exchanged it for 75 zeni. Is this a thing we already knew happened?
If you already have 99 of an item and you obtain another one, it automatically exchanges it for the amount of zeni it sells for in the shop. It used to happen all the time to my Energy Capsules S until I finally sold them all.

But yeah, it isn't new as far as I know, but I only first came across it recently as well, so I could be wrong.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:01 pm

I seem to be getting double TP medals from the Vegeta quest, does this mean it's now undoubtedly more economical to farm them than it is to wish for them?
Or is the wish doubled too right now?
Someone did the math earlier and it was close but now...

Also can we all agree to post if we see the Cell raid come up yeah?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Bullza wrote:How the hell do you get Yamcha's special training to spawn? I need to do 10 for a trophy but I've completed the game and done about 60 PQs and all instructor missions and I've had him maybe 4 times.

Is there a quick way to grind this out?
The one where you collect Turtle Stones? I think it's random, sadly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
The S wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:I've seen a lot of Baby Vegeta talk but I don't really care for that.
I feel like Baby should be in just by the fact that other than, what, a boss fight against his Golden Oozaru (in 1 only? I don't remember reading about him being in 2), he got shafted even though he's a main villain. We get Pan, GT Trunks, GT Kid Goku, SS4 Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta, plus Super 17 and three Dragons, I think? But no playable Baby?

I feel like some fighter should eventually have Rilld too but this might not be the place for him.
Well in my opinion, Dimps should just give the 3 remaining GT characters I think that need to be playable

Super Baby 2 Vegeta
Majuub
Oceanus Shenron
I really dont think we need any more dragons than the ones we got. I'm all for Super Uub and Bebi Vegeta though. Someone like Rildo would be more suited or bother to flesh out GT Trunks with a unique moveset so he isnt yet another clone. Not to mention characters like 18, Gohan, and Vegeta could receive GT variations and outfits.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
The S wrote: I feel like Baby should be in just by the fact that other than, what, a boss fight against his Golden Oozaru (in 1 only? I don't remember reading about him being in 2), he got shafted even though he's a main villain. We get Pan, GT Trunks, GT Kid Goku, SS4 Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta, plus Super 17 and three Dragons, I think? But no playable Baby?

I feel like some fighter should eventually have Rilld too but this might not be the place for him.
Well in my opinion, Dimps should just give the 3 remaining GT characters I think that need to be playable

Super Baby 2 Vegeta
Majuub
Oceanus Shenron
I really dont think we need any more dragons than the ones we got. I'm all for Super Uub and Bebi Vegeta though. Someone like Rildo would be more suited or bother to flesh out GT Trunks with a unique moveset so he isnt yet another clone. Not to mention characters like 18, Gohan, and Vegeta could receive GT variations and outfits.
It's not like I am also asking for Haze & Rage & Naturon as well cause Rage & Naturon could just be come giant bosses while Haze is left alone.

Maybe Dimps then also should add Meta-Rildo or General Rildo alongside the 3 I previously mentioned.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 pm

TobyS wrote:I seem to be getting double TP medals from the Vegeta quest, does this mean it's now undoubtedly more economical to farm them than it is to wish for them?
Or is the wish doubled too right now?
Someone did the math earlier and it was close but now...

Also can we all agree to post if we see the Cell raid come up yeah?
I'm on frequently (disabled) and I haven't see the Cell raid. Also, it's not double TP medals. The mission normally gives 16 and currently you get 24, so it's giving 8 more than usual. Getting kinda bored with farming it though... I only need one DB for a wish. I'll use it on the TP medals and see what's up. Oh yeah, it's likely only a temporary boost as you can see Bonus! beside the TP medals when you get them.

EDIT: Wished for medals and got 200 so that's not boosted.

Also, the... MATH!

NORMALLY:
EM16/EM17: 16 medals per clear X 13 clears = 208 medals. AND: 2 minutes per clear x 13 clears = 26 minutes + loading screens and mission restart time.

CURRENTLY:
EM16/EM17: 24 medals X 9 clears = 216 medals. AND: 2 minutes per clear X 9 clears = 18 mintues + loading screens and mission restart time

OR 24 medals per clear X 13 clears = 312 medals.

Gathering Dragon Balls: About 1 hour steady at it. For me at least.
ZeroDio wrote:
The S wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:I've seen a lot of Baby Vegeta talk but I don't really care for that.
I feel like Baby should be in just by the fact that other than, what, a boss fight against his Golden Oozaru (in 1 only? I don't remember reading about him being in 2), he got shafted even though he's a main villain. We get Pan, GT Trunks, GT Kid Goku, SS4 Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta, plus Super 17 and three Dragons, I think? But no playable Baby?

Super Baby 2 Vegeta
Majuub
Oceanus Shenron
I could accept Baby Vegeta for sure. In fact, Uub/Majuub and Oceanus Shenron would be nice as well.

Also, Golden Ape Baby is in PQ Missions and Expert Missions in XV2, but no story missions. He's also the most annoying to fight as he's the only Oozaru that can ALWAYS reach you no matter how high you fly.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:19 am

I know I'm late to the party, but I just got around to play through future Trunks arc.

Am I the only one who thought it was awesome when they showed alternate timelines like GT giving strength to Trunks and his sword? While deep down I don't think the anime would've done something like that, I definitely think the random power surge he got would've been more meaningful and to a little more beilievable when he received the power to destroy someone as strong as merged zamasu. It would've been a nice way to tie in GT.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:15 pm

TheOne wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but I just got around to play through future Trunks arc.

Am I the only one who thought it was awesome when they showed alternate timelines like GT giving strength to Trunks and his sword? While deep down I don't think the anime would've done something like that, I definitely think the random power surge he got would've been more meaningful and to a little more beilievable when he received the power to destroy someone as strong as merged zamasu. It would've been a nice way to tie in GT.
Yeah I mean I hate GT in general but *because* it isn't canon, what GT events are canon to the Xenoverse version of GT is delightfully up to your own head-canon if you think about it. So you can imagine a hypothetical *good* version of DBGT. Regardless I totally agree in general that it's not only super cool to show other timelines contributing, but it ALSO makes it more believable that the attack worked.

In other words it actually improved on the internal consistency of the source!!

I'm really enjoying the xenoverse stories and I feel they are under-rated by the fandom.

The only thing they miss out, and ironically this "other timelines cameo" thing served to further illustrate is that XV could be even more crazy and ambitious.

It could take a redundant timeline like Cells or the "Unseen" check Toriyama didn't have plans for it, and go completely crazy with known events and have them permanently change! By always being restricted to the manga canon they have to always put the toys back in the box after they are done.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 pm

TobyS wrote:
TheOne wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but I just got around to play through future Trunks arc.

Yeah I mean I hate GT in general but *because* it isn't canon, what GT events are canon to the Xenoverse version of GT is delightfully up to your own head-canon if you think about it. So you can imagine a hypothetical *good* version of DBGT. Regardless I totally agree in general that it's not only super cool to show other timelines contributing, but it ALSO makes it more believable that the attack worked.

In other words it actually improved on the internal consistency of the source!!

I'm really enjoying the xenoverse stories and I feel they are under-rated by the fandom.

The only thing they miss out, and ironically this "other timelines cameo" thing served to further illustrate is that XV could be even more crazy and ambitious.

It could take a redundant timeline like Cells or the "Unseen" check Toriyama didn't have plans for it, and go completely crazy with known events and have them permanently change! By always being restricted to the manga canon they have to always put the toys back in the box after they are done.
I like that "put the toys back in the box" analogy.

And you're right. With things like the parallel quests, they basically have free reign to do whatever they want with the timeline. It'd be nice to see PQ's take on a different role in future games. Instead of being quick one off what ifs to just add a bit of content, maybe flesh out miniature stories about alternate timelines that take place over a few missions.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am

Is the Saiyan Tail accessory going to be in the TP Shop?
Its not this week, at least.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am

How do you play as Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Goku?

Does Kaioken count as one of the Awoken skills needed for the trophy?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:10 am

Bullza wrote:How do you play as Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Goku?

SSB Kaioken is a skill for some of the Blue Goku variants. I think Whis Gi 2 and the turtle gis have it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Bullza wrote:How do you play as Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Goku?

SSB Kaioken is a skill for some of the Blue Goku variants. I think Whis Gi 2 and the turtle gis have it.
Oh it's one of those other costume things then, alright thanks I see it now.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:26 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Is the Saiyan Tail accessory going to be in the TP Shop?
Its not this week, at least.
It will be sometime soon. Not sure if there's a way to go back to previous shop inventories once you move ahead in time (there isn't a way that I've seen so far, and I've tried) but if you just keep going forward with the date you should find it.

Also, I'm happy to report that I now own ALL skills, accessories AND super souls available in the TP shop! Aside from a few outfits I'd like to piece together, I'm done with the TP shop!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 am

cheddarsword wrote: I like that "put the toys back in the box" analogy.

And you're right. With things like the parallel quests, they basically have free reign to do whatever they want with the timeline. It'd be nice to see PQ's take on a different role in future games. Instead of being quick one off what ifs to just add a bit of content, maybe flesh out miniature stories about alternate timelines that take place over a few missions.
I stole that off a marvel editor I think (Tom Brevoort?) who was basically using it as an excuse for why they can never really have any kind of progress or real change in the marvel universe.

Here it's 'justified' though as obviously a DB game isn't going to override the main manga/super canon.

We get discrepancies like purple/blue Trunks... Ideally they could co-ordinate and write around Toriyama and do canon stuff, but I think the idea is the primary doesn't want to be limited and restricted by being burdened with the need to coordinate with the secondary thing (XV)

XV1 did imply there are as many timelines as they wanted. Such as Percel saying he was working on one for a presumably long term basis.
At the time they had no reason to assume AT would have a problem with this and if anything it kept them out of trouble of interfering with the main timeline.

At first glance it would appear this whole canon thing with time rings showing the "final number" of universes (didn't they fuck up and miss out the 'unseen' timeline though?) has limited Xenoverse.

However we know all the "present day" stuff from XV1 and 2 is, relatively speaking, in the future of the canon timeline.
So actually it's ok because you shouldn't expect Percels timelines corresponding ring to be in the box in DB super, because it hasn't been made yet.

The parallel quests are IIRC currently described as being little fragments of timelines that aren't real. This is sort of a hand-wavy justification for being able to erase them and effectively kill/erase anyone within. They hurt the timeline just by existing, perhaps they go away on their own slowly but it's best to get rid of them and make sure too many don't build up. They are the plaque on the teeth of time and you are the brush.

In reality the fluff about PQ's is really just a game play vs story hand-wave and it's best not to thing about it or the individual events being canon. Just have the vague idea that You and sometimes your mentor erased tiny superfluous time fragments in addition to your main duties.

I really wish someone would make a graphic/guide for all the universes and timelines and the different faction in them, color coded for it's source (what level of canon it is).
[But I know that super autisimy of me]

What I've always said, ask Toriyama for *one* canon timeline he isn't going to use again and let them really go crazy with that, or a new one. But they are overly cautious and as a result it's not fully running at it's story telling potential IMO.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 am

TobyS wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: I really wish someone would make a graphic/guide for all the universes and timelines and the different faction in them, color coded for it's source (what level of canon it is).
[But I know that super autisimy of me]
I believe the word you're looking for is OCD. Not completely sure, but it sounds right because I myself have OCD (diagnosed no less).

I like your idea though. Got any idea how it would be laid out? about how many different universes/timelines do you think there is that's worth mentioning? Obviously an infinite number can't be catalogued.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 am

Coming into XV2 for the last DLC pack (I waited until packs 2 - 4 were released to play again), and I want to ask - is the SS4 Goku wig & tail combined accessory the only way to get pair a tail with the SS4 costume? Is there a separate Saiyan tail accessory anywhere in the game?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 am

Saiga wrote:Coming into XV2 for the last DLC pack (I waited until packs 2 - 4 were released to play again), and I want to ask - is the SS4 Goku wig & tail combined accessory the only way to get pair a tail with the SS4 costume? Is there a separate Saiyan tail accessory anywhere in the game?
There's a separate Saiyan Tail accessory that you can get out of the TP Shop, yeah. The only issue is that it's brown rather than red, so it doesn't fully match the SS4 fur you can get, but it's better than nothing I suppose.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:37 am

Actually, that's what I had been looking for. I'll probably be moving too fast to notice the colour difference most of the time

I'm guessing it's to match the new Oozaru costume, but I can't see it in the TP shop right now.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:14 am

Just a quick question which technically belongs more to the original game.

Do this

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And this

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Both count as the villainous mode despite a slight difference in appearance? Like how in Xenoverse 2 with the supervillain state there was the form with the white and black aura and then a stronger version where they're white all over?