Linda Young and Chris Ayres (Ep 94/95)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Linda Young and Chris Ayres (Ep 94/95)

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Am I the only one who is curious as to what the fan reaction will be when and if Funi gets to the point where Fortuneteller Baba brings Freeza over from the realm of the dead for a day? Assuming that the former is still voiced by Linda Young, who also played the latter until Chris Ayres took her place...it would definitely be pretty funny to see both actors who both portrayed Freeza in the same scene.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

precita
Banned

Re: Linda Young and Chris Ayres (Ep 94/95)

Post by precita » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Did Linda Young still voice Baba in Kai?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Yes, she did.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Am I the only one who is curious as to what the fan reaction will be when and if Funi gets to the point where Fortuneteller Baba brings Freeza over from the realm of the dead for a day? Assuming that the former is still voiced by Linda Young, who also played the latter until Chris Ayres took her place...it would definitely be pretty funny to see both actors who both portrayed Freeza in the same scene.
That's if Chris is still voicing Frieza, he appears to be very ill.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:Am I the only one who is curious as to what the fan reaction will be when and if Funi gets to the point where Fortuneteller Baba brings Freeza over from the realm of the dead for a day? Assuming that the former is still voiced by Linda Young, who also played the latter until Chris Ayres took her place...it would definitely be pretty funny to see both actors who both portrayed Freeza in the same scene.
That's if Chris is still voicing Frieza, he appears to be very ill.
Yeah I'm personally under the impression he wont be doing voice work going further down the line. His illness is very serious.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:13 pm

What is wrong with Chris

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 pm

I loved Linda Young as Frieza! I really hope she plays Frieza again down the road!!!

Chris Is amazing and I've gotten use to him as Frieza, so I'm taking shots at him. I hope he does get better soon. What's wrong with him?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm

SirTorra wrote:What is wrong with Chris
TheOne wrote:I hope he does get better soon. What's wrong with him?

A lot. Advanced COPD, final stage emphysema, two blocked arteries. Will eventually need a double lung transplant and double bi-pass surgery.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Damn. And even after all that he'll need time to recover. No way will he be in any shape to voice a character.

My guess is Freeza's voice will either revert back to Linda Young for the dub or he'll be recast again.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Jeez...the heck did Chris Ayres get all THAT in under such a short time frame :shock: ?! I mean, I'm assuming he didn't have that before, considering he was still able to give his all for Freeza in Kai...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I had no idea that Chris Ayres has been having severe health problems lately. All the best to him.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 pm

TheOne wrote:I loved Linda Young as Frieza! I really hope she plays Frieza again down the road!!!

Chris Is amazing and I've gotten use to him as Frieza, so I'm taking shots at him. I hope he does get better soon. What's wrong with him?
You probably meant not taking shots at him, right?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
TheOne wrote:I loved Linda Young as Frieza! I really hope she plays Frieza again down the road!!!

You probably meant not taking shots at him, right?
Oh my gosh. Good catch! You're right. I meant NOT taking shots. I'll go change it

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Is that possible? If Ayres is unavailable due to his health, Linda will return as Frieza? I would be super happy if that were to happen! I've missed Linda as Frieza so much. D:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:40 pm

It would be nice to see. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Ayres will be able to with his current and severe health condition. God bless him and I wish only the best.
HybridSaiyan wrote:Is that possible? If Ayres is unavailable due to his health, Linda will return as Frieza? I would be super happy if that were to happen! I've missed Linda as Frieza so much. D:
Wow, man. Just, wow. I know some want Linda Young back, but it's a bit early for this. Not to mention, a lot of other things.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm sorry but no there's no reason for Linda young to voice freeza at all.
Either Chris or someone else's anyone but Linda young :thumbdown:
Come on people Linda as freeza was awful as hell there no need for Frieza to sound like granny this isn't the 90's

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

pacz360 wrote:I'm sorry but no there's no reason for Linda young to voice freeza at all.
Either Chris or someone else's anyone but Linda young :thumbdown:
Come on people Linda as freeza was awful as hell there no need for Frieza to sound like granny this isn't the 90's
I agree I like most of the dub voices even the old ones before they were replaced but having Young return would be an awful decision. I'm sure Funimation has a large enough pool of actors to find an adequate replacement if the situation required it.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Is that possible? If Ayres is unavailable due to his health, Linda will return as Frieza? I would be super happy if that were to happen! I've missed Linda as Frieza so much. D:
Linda Young will not return as Freeza to Super despite Ayres illness.

There is a plan B, thats all I'll say, and its not Linda Young. She WILL be Baba for certain though.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 am

Geekdom101 wrote:

There is a plan B, thats all I'll say, and its not Linda Young. She WILL be Baba for certain though.
You seem pretty confident... are you saying this because you don't like Linda or you actually know something everyone else doesn't?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 am

TheOne wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

You seem pretty confident... are you saying this because you don't like Linda or you actually know something everyone else doesn't?
I'm saying it because its the truth.

I do like Linda. I'm not a fan of her Freeza. Ayres is amazing. Her Genkai from YYH and her Baba is fantastic IMO.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ