Would You Rather?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would You Rather?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 pm

1) Be reincarnated as Future Trunks from when Future Gohan was about to go Super Saiyan and face Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 for one last time?

2) Or be in your original body and sent into the Dragon World to be trained by two of your favorite characters in preparation for a confrontation with Goku Black?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Would You Rather?

Post by Lionel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Being incarnated as a Saiyan whom I generally don't care for versus being sent to the future for a battle against one of the most sadistically powerful villains to date as a meagre human trained by Gohan and Piccolo...

I would likely end my own life in a kamikaze gesture during the latter scenario, get sent to the afterlife, hope to keep my body, learn as many potent techniques as possible like teleportation and the Mafuba from Future Mutaito or Future Tenshinhan, then request for a day's return to Earth so I can hopefully seal Black away. Better yet, in addition to the Mafuba, I acquire the Multi-Form technique and send a duplicate of myself down to Earth in order to seal Black away. Should it have worked, I teleport to King Kai's and ascertain where the Namekians are. I teleport to Future New Namek, make an earnest request to use the Dragon Balls in service for good, resurrect everyone who Black killed (gods included), resurrect the gods killed by Dabura, have myself resurrected, and then implore the Namekians to spare Dende so he can become the new kami of Earth.

Afterwards, I suppose I return to the main timeline.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Trunks' life sucks in general. He got the girl, but that's literally it.

Meanwhile I'm screwed if I go against Black. My two favourite characters are Krillin and Yamcha. THIS WON'T END WELL.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Akyon wrote:Trunks' life sucks in general. He got the girl, but that's literally it.

Meanwhile I'm screwed if I go against Black. My two favourite characters are Krillin and Yamcha. THIS WON'T END WELL.
1) Blame Akira Toriyama and Toyotarō, they just love being a pair of Trolls.

2) Not to worry, for you will have the advantage over Goku Black. For you have the option of choosing which Age to be in before his arrival, meaning you can begin training under both Krillin and Yamcha for how many years you want. The sets of Dragon Balls of Earth could be used as a last resort if they are needed as well.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Lionel wrote:Being incarnated as a Saiyan whom I generally don't care for versus being sent to the future for a battle against one of the most sadistically powerful villains to date as a meagre human trained by Gohan and Piccolo...

I would likely end my own life in a kamikaze gesture during the latter scenario, get sent to the afterlife, hope to keep my body, learn as many potent techniques as possible like teleportation and the Mafuba from Future Mutaito or Future Tenshinhan, then request for a day's return to Earth so I can hopefully seal Black away. Better yet, in addition to the Mafuba, I acquire the Multi-Form technique and send a duplicate of myself down to Earth in order to seal Black away. Should it have worked, I teleport to King Kai's and ascertain where the Namekians are. I teleport to Future New Namek, make an earnest request to use the Dragon Balls in service for good, resurrect everyone who Black killed (gods included), resurrect the gods killed by Dabura, have myself resurrected, and then implore the Namekians to spare Dende so he can become the new kami of Earth.

1) Why do you not like Future Trunks?

2) You do realize if you don't take your initial training seriously, Goku Black will just draw out your death with his variations of his Violent Fierce God Slicer don't you?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Be reincarnated as Future Trunks from when Future Gohan was about to go Super Saiyan and face Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 for one last time?

2) Or be in your original body and sent into the Dragon World to be trained by two of your favorite characters in preparation for a confrontation with Goku Black?
2nd..
Definitely 2nd..
Plenty of reasons for this..
Biggest one being avoiding future world at any costs..

Oh and I am trained by piccolo first then whis..
Those actually know how to get stuff done..
I would prefer not to train at all though, not like a human is making much of a difference
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Lionel wrote:Being incarnated as a Saiyan whom I generally don't care for versus being sent to the future for a battle against one of the most sadistically powerful villains to date as a meagre human trained by Gohan and Piccolo...

1) Why do you not like Future Trunks?

2) You do realize if you don't take your initial training seriously, Goku Black will just draw out your death with his variations of his Violent Fierce God Slicer don't you?
Nothing against Future Trunks specifically. I just don't prefer Saiyans for the most part for their monopolisation of the franchise and the inherent domination of their personal story and transformations as the seeming be-all-end-all to everything now for the Z-Warriors.

I would take the training seriously. But no amount of it is going to enable me to do battle with the likes of Black. I would have to acquire God Ki, train rigourously with Whis for several years, learn the Kaioken, have my potential unlocked by Elder Kaioshin, and then fuse with someone via Potara who was similarly powerful to have a hope of conventionally battling him. On my own, the best hope would be to commit a kamikaze, which I would initiate the moment I located him, and then travel to the afterlife to acquire all of the skills I mentioned previously.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Be reincarnated as Future Trunks from when Future Gohan was about to go Super Saiyan and face Future Android 17 and Future Android 18 for one last time?

2nd..
Definitely 2nd..

I would prefer not to train at all though, not like a human is making much of a difference
1) You would still have to deal with Goku Black either way.

2) I feel sorry for you, both Piccolo and especially Whis are tough Teachers.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Definitely 2). I would want to be trained by Piccolo and Tien, the two members of the Z Fighters with the most mental discipline and most varied combat techniques, and I would begin training with them both just after Goku is killed by Raditz, knowing that, somehow, someday in the future, I would have to face-off against Goku Black. Not only should this result in me learning and growing better and more powerful techniques, but my constant reassurance to those two that nothing we are currently facing comes even close to the horror we will someday have to contend with should also result in Piccolo and Tien being even more powerful than ever against the story bosses headed our way from Vegeta to Freeza to Cell to Buu. I'll take it!
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

2nd..
Definitely 2nd..

1) You would still have to deal with Goku Black either way.

2) I feel sorry for you, both Piccolo and especially Whis are tough Teachers.
1- Yeah, but I won't have to with the extra crap that way, and I get competent fighters at my side to back me up..

2- Meh, I have had my share of tough teachers in my day.. if it gives results it's worth it
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm

So I get to choose the two?

Goten is my sad 2nd fave but he can only train me in being Trunks friend so I wouldnt choose him but option #2 sounds better.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

1) If I had chosen to be reborn as Future Trunks, then Future Gohan would have never died, as the both of us badasses would have went to train inside the Future Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and come out as Full Power Super Saiyan 2s. All before hunting down the Androids.

2) Now if I had been sent into the Dragon World as I am now, I would appear just before Oolong would have wished for panties and asked Shenron to instead forever restore my body back to it's prime. Then since as I will meet Goku and Piccolo in a very short period of time, I would take Videl from the beginning of the Great Saiyaman Saga and especially Marcarita as my mentors.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:So I get to choose the two?

Goten is my sad 2nd fave but he can only train me in being Trunks friend so I wouldnt choose him but option #2 sounds better.
1) If you would like.

2) Trunks and Goten are equally as prodigious as the other.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:

1) If I had chosen to be reborn as Future Trunks, then Future Gohan would have never died, as the both of us badasses would have went to train inside the Future Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and come out as Full Power Super Saiyan 2s. All before hunting down the Androids.

2) Now if I had been sent into the Dragon World as I am now, I would appear just before Oolong would have wished for panties and asked Shenron to instead forever restore my body back to it's prime. Then since as I will meet Goku and Piccolo in a very short period of time, I would take Videl from the beginning of the Great Saiyaman Saga and especially Marcarita as my mentors.
1) With greater mastery of Super Saiyan 2 than even Goku and Vegeta, Future Gohan and I would have the complete advantage over Future Android 17 and Future Android 18, as the two of us would be much more than ten times stronger than the Twin Terrors were. But as I didn't want to take any chances, I would have taught Future Gohan to use the Fusion Dance with me. Then as soon as Future Gohanks was born, both a Burning Kamehameha at Future Android 17 and a Special Beam Cannon at Future Android 18 would have beaten the ones we had despised so much in an instant.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 am

Second choice forsure. I would hate to be stuck in Future Trunks' body. I'd rather be myself.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:

1) With greater mastery of Super Saiyan 2 than even Goku and Vegeta, Future Gohan and I would have the complete advantage over Future Android 17 and Future Android 18, as the two of us would be much more than ten times stronger than the Twin Terrors were. But as I didn't want to take any chances, I would have taught Future Gohan to use the Fusion Dance with me. Then as soon as Future Gohanks was born, both a Burning Kamehameha at Future Android 17 and a Special Beam Cannon at Future Android 18 would have beaten the ones we had despised so much in an instant.
2) Screw it, I would rather ask Shenron to reincarnate me into Goku Black than to get my butt handed to me 24/7. My wish would have been made even before anyone else other than Shenron would have noticed my presence too, which would have made things way easier. My progress into making myself stronger under Videl and Marcarita would have been infinitely better, as being reborn as Goku Black would give me instant results than when compared to having to wait years for just decent ones as an ordinary Human. No longer being alone would have made me appreciate my life, especially since those I care about would have been very curious about me, and it would be a further dream come true once both Videl and Marcarita turn their shared curiosity into love, since I would be a true gentleman to everyone in my presence. With the very few exceptions being those like Vegeta, Frieza, and Zamasu.