"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I think Goku just went back to the roots of SSJG, look at his skin, its skinny and reddish like SSJG, kaioken does not make you skinny, quite the opposite as KK makes you bulkier.
The red looks different from the SSG one, but yes it does appear to skinnier as seen in that key visual too. And of course the hair is different too both SSG and SSGSS. My interest in this form has piqued.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am

Goku and Hit teaming up against the Pride Troopers sounds way too awesome to not be a swerve of some sort. It's also nice to see that Gohan is going to be in the spotlight against Universe 10. And speaking of Universe 10, they really seem like they're done for with Universe 7 and 2 breathing down their neck. I'll miss Gowasu and his GodTube shenanigans.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.
I hope not. I just want one form that is completely excusive to Goku.
TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Super Saiyan Red would certainly explain that huge burst of red ki in the into:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I guess. It'd be a bummer if that was the case. I'm tired of seeing recolors of SSJ. I'd like to see something different. Like SSJ4.

If he's going to combine diety ki, kaioken and ssj, I'd like to see something aside from more red hair.

(There was speculation on the aura. Obviously it's not official..)
It is not a re-colour at all, the bangs and hair are completely different to SS, Goku does not have one big bang that goes down to eyes like shown the OP he also has more frontal bangs and the hair seems longer.
It's not different in the since that his hair just goes up. I could already tell the difference in appearance from super saiyan vs the silhouette. I was coming from a place that somewhat resembled an extreme change like SSJ4.
How i predict the tournament will end:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 am

Guys let's save the whole recolour thing until we see the new form. I'll be one of the first to call it out on that shit if it happens, but right now we need to wait and see what it will be before passing judgement. Though I guess sharing potential distaste is fine.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am

God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Doubt it. If Goku does that, then it's an intermediate form at best. The form is hyped up as developing the god powers to completion, implying it could be the last one, ever. How would Vegeta ever manage to match this new form if only Goku can achieve it with KK and his God powers? Again, just my personal opinion but I doubt it's related to Kaioken.
Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.
Goku in the end will be more stronger than Vegeta, like in Z.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:50 am

Chuquita wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
You??? This Form that just leaked pretty much appears to have some sort of reddish hair. Your favorite color, if i'm not mistaken? Or is that magenta?

I could even see this new form to turn out Orange!
Ssjg magenta is my favorite ssj hair color, but I also liked that the form had a unique look to the eyes, hair, and body. I'll be happy to see magenta return, but I hope they at least include the ssjg pupils if they're mixing them.

I just don't want another color swap of ssj1 with nothing else from ssjg brought over. I like red too (kaioken is wonderful!) but I want some form unique features.
Aha okay. Yeah just plain red as the aura we see in the opening isn't really beautiful or visually attractive or appealing in anyway i agree. It's boring. We had that back in dbz when Goku used Kaioken, and it was nice and cool in those times, but not now. I liked SSJ God's aura in all of it's variety and features, i too agree with the fact that his eye pupils were bigger in SSJG, and i really liked that, along with the extra features of a slimmer body and more tan skin. Magenta (which is reddish/purple) turned out to be super cool! Now something tells me that this new form is not going to be magenta, but i still hope it won't be just plain old boring red, like in the opening, but a different variation of it, which leads me to think about Orange. (Orange/red like) i.e. Something in between. That would be cool. Though SSJ God's fiery "flame-like" aura is something i would definitely see!

Geraldix

Post by Geraldix » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 am

Here's a (tiny) bit of CSI magic on the new form:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm not so sure this new form is skinny as SSJG. Maybe it is just a matter of perspective?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am

Geraldix wrote:Here's a (tiny) bit of CSI magic on the new form:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm not so sure this new form is skinny as SSJG. Maybe it is just a matter of perspective?
That looks like kaioken, the color of his clothes.

I think this is gonna be a different version of kaioken blue.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:03 am

There goes my hope for Super Saiyan White :lol: well red is my third favorite color so its still a win, I just hope they keep the SSJG pupils with this new one, and that hair looks a tad different from his previous SSJ hairs, they always make a small distinction like with SSJB and SSJ, despite them saying its just SSJ with god ki they still added a little difference of adding one bang standing up on the other side.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am

Legion wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.
Goku in the end will be more stronger than Vegeta, like in Z.
lol you do know nobody knows how strong vegeta was at eoz right I mean it's obvious he was stronger than fat buu but still

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am

I'm sure the anime is going to connect it with Kaio-ken in some way, since it has been such a big part of the narrative.
The manga might provide a different explanation, unless he also gets Kaio-ken in the manga, I suppose.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that anyone from Universe 7 will be knocked out because it isn't explicitly stated. But on the other hand, perhaps they will and the spoilers just didn't mention it.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 am

TheOne wrote:
It's not different in the since that his hair just goes up. I could already tell the difference in appearance from super saiyan vs the silhouette. I was coming from a place that somewhat resembled an extreme change like SSJ4.
Toriyama had nothing to do with Super Saiyan 4, so why would any form of Super Saiyan in Super looked like Super Saiyan 4 or be vastly different from any other Super Saiyan forms. The most drastic Super Saiyan form that Toriyama created was Super Saiyan 3.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:18 am

I'm glad those worthless human characters and the green slugman aren't going to be doing anything. Scrubs know their place. Vegeta will beat the chick and Toppo

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 am

omaro34 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that anyone from Universe 7 will be knocked out because it isn't explicitly stated. But on the other hand, perhaps they will and the spoilers just didn't mention it.
It is a couple of sentences for a 20 min episode... it is not wise to assume anything before the actual episode, especially given how the summaries are intentionally vague/misguiding, example last episode Jiren didn't send the Pride Troopers like the summary said but Toppo and Goku didn't exactly team up with CauliKale like the summary implied.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:23 am

I have a bad feeling they'll be doin the ritual... having 6 saiyans in there plus Cauli and Kale owing Goku a favor for letting them go... oh no, I hate that whole ritual business as it isnt gained through his own powers.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:23 am

HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Toriyama had nothing to do with Super Saiyan 4, so why would any form of Super Saiyan in Super looked like Super Saiyan 4 or be vastly different from any other Super Saiyan forms. The most drastic Super Saiyan form that Toriyama created was Super Saiyan 3.
It's hard to perceive the tone at which people type on here, but I'm going to assume you didn't mean to come across as rude. There's nothing wrong with people liking the SSJ4 design regardless of whose idea it was. People can get inspiration from whatever they want. As far as dramatic hairstyles go, yes SSJ3 was a drastic hairstyle change. So I don't see the problem in wanting it be a big change LIKE ssj4. I said nothing about it being EXACTLY like ssj4. Simply used it as an example.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:27 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I really want 17 and Hit to interact ! i hope they team up at some point too.
They have no history together, why would Hit and 17 interact?

Why would they even team up?

It's silly enough that Goku is helping Hit, 17 helping would just be jumping the shark even more so.
What's wrong with wanting my favorite character and a character i think is super cool to team up ? we know Goku and 17 are fighting together soon so i wish 17 was a part of Goku and Hit teaming up. nothing wrong with that.
Because it has to make narrative sense.

I mean, the world won't end if 17 ends up helping Hit, but it won't make any sense either.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Guys let's save the whole recolour thing until we see the new form. I'll be one of the first to call it out on that shit if it happens, but right now we need to wait and see what it will be before passing judgement. Though I guess sharing potential distaste is fine.
Eh. I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating right now as long as nobody is throwing a fit making it seem like this is official news.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 am

It seems like the leaked Goku form has red clothes like when he uses Kaio-Ken. If it was by Toriyama, the clothes would be light orange. Maybe it will be a Toei-only thing again? And by mastering KK Goku will have red hair?
I'm not really digging the look right now, I hoped for something more distinct and the red doesn't really fit with Goku's clothes.
Maybe I have way too high expectations for this form, but I just wished Toriyama created a final form with a basic look.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical