"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:32 am

And here I thought the spiky black hair looked simple yet so badass but looks like we have new color added to the list, pathetic. All of these transformations existed years before Super as fan arts :( are they even trying? I know Super is supposed to be directed at kids but come on.
[spoiler]Image
Yeah, it's coming.[/spoiler]
And why is Goku with his normal shirt there? I hope he at least has his clothes torn out in the tournament
Last edited by OverHeaven on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:33 am

TheOne wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Guys let's save the whole recolour thing until we see the new form. I'll be one of the first to call it out on that shit if it happens, but right now we need to wait and see what it will be before passing judgement. Though I guess sharing potential distaste is fine.
Eh. I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating right now as long as nobody is throwing a fit making it seem like this is official news.
Well in the past it usually does, and it gets pretty rowdy in these . I'm not even an apologist. I'm more of a skeptic. I mean just a while ago we had a whole lot of melt down stuff on the possibility of SSJB Cauliflowa, which didn't happen.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:37 am

Draconic wrote:I am stoked for Goku and Hit teaming up against the remaining Troopers, but man, those Gohan spoilers have me super worried. Next episode Piccolo is going to fight that pretty boy from U10, so if Gohan has to step up against them, I really hope it's not because Piccolo gets eliminated.
I hope he gets humiliated. He is so weak and pathetic. Thinks he is a tough guy but he is far from it. A batman wannabe with that ugly design. aside from humans he is one of the worst characters in Dragonball......so ugly to look at with his asexual self......everytime his ugly mug comes on screen i turn away !

The humans are worthless too, but at least they know their place and some are funny like old man. Vegeta is gokus real rival not slugman. That disgusting slug can only wish to be as strong as vegeta.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:37 am

Vegeta123 wrote:I'm glad those worthless human characters and the green slugman aren't going to be doing anything. Scrubs know their place. Vegeta will beat the chick and Toppo
How do you know that they aren't doing anything?

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:I'm glad those worthless human characters and the green slugman aren't going to be doing anything. Scrubs know their place. Vegeta will beat the chick and Toppo
because spoilers didn't say so. And i know the writers won't do anything with them. They are more than useless.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Guys let's save the whole recolour thing until we see the new form. I'll be one of the first to call it out on that shit if it happens, but right now we need to wait and see what it will be before passing judgement. Though I guess sharing potential distaste is fine.
Eh. I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating right now as long as nobody is throwing a fit making it seem like this is official news.
Well in the past it usually does, and it gets pretty rowdy in these . I'm not even an apologist. I'm more of a skeptic. I mean just a while ago we had a whole lot of melt down stuff on the possibility of SSJB Cauliflowa, which didn't happen.
True. Personally I didn't think she'd learn it during the tournament. I was in the group that thought shes going to learn it down the road. Which still kinda agitated me since it took both Vegeta and Goku years to reach that point. Learning SSJ fast is one thing. SSB is a different story. That should take her a long time.
Last edited by TheOne on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am

Vegeta123 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
because spoilers didn't say so. And i know the writers won't do anything with them. They are more than useless.
Compared to the god tier characters the human aren't crap

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:58 am

I don't think you guys should look too much into that picture. I think it's just some kind of filter applied on the image of a SSB Goku. Actually, on the exact same image of Goku that's in the forefront: the pose is the same and the hair is exactly the same (not as in a recolor, but drawn identical).
Not to mention why would this new amazing and marketable form be in the background of the image? I think it's just a case of unfortunately ugly package art rather than an actual leak.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Draconic wrote:I don't think you guys should look too much into that picture. I think it's just some kind of filter applied on the image of a SSB Goku. Actually, on the exact same image of Goku that's in the forefront: the pose is the same and the hair is exactly the same (not as in a recolor, but drawn identical).
Not to mention why would this new amazing and marketable form be in the background of the image? I think it's just a case of unfortunately ugly package art rather than an actual leak.
I hope you're right. I feel like it would be too underwhelming if the new form turns out to be yet another re-color of Super Saiyan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:05 pm

I dont mind what it will look like, recolor or not, so long as its not gained through forming a circle holding hands or something along it.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Draconic wrote:I don't think you guys should look too much into that picture. I think it's just some kind of filter applied on the image of a SSB Goku. Actually, on the exact same image of Goku that's in the forefront: the pose is the same and the hair is exactly the same (not as in a recolor, but drawn identical).
Quick shitty edit I made in paint. As you can see, except of my horrible image editing skills, the two images are the same.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Goku's blue shirt is also colored red in that image. It's probably some weird filter or something. I see very little chance that this is a new form, especially since it is emphasized less than the blue form in the same image. It makes no sense when you think about it.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
You alright there buddy? Sounds like you have some misplaced vendetta. Also may have trouble reading. Epsiode 103 says "Gohan and U7 warriors" whos with Gohan? Oh yea Roshi, Tien and Piccolo. So most likely those so called useless characters will be in the fight. How does putting down U7 fighters help your fandom for Vegeta?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Given that this is the crap promo artist, I think he may have gone for SSGSSKK and messed up? But yeah more and more evidence it is looking like a dud.
SansrivaaL wrote:I dont mind what it will look like, recolor or not, so long as its not gained through forming a circle holding hands or something along it.
Chill man Sans it won't be :lol: All the marketing from Toei so far implies Goku does it on his own "break new ground" etc!
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Draconic wrote:
Quick shitty edit I made in paint. As you can see, except of my horrible image editing skills, the two images are the same.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Geez that would just make it 100x worse if it was the new form, you really couldn't claim its not a recolor if they took the exact same image and literally just changed the hair color.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:34 pm

What I find most interesting is no U7 eliminations mentioned. Krillin gets eliminated episode 99. Episode 104 and not a second person out? How badly and quickly did Akira want Krillin out?

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Glad Gohan will finally get some screentime but RIP Gowasu ;(

Hit and Goku teamming up sounds great. If Brianne gets ringed out now, I won't be surprised if Toppo gets ringed out too, but I have a feeling the 2 pride troopers they will fight with are Dyspo and the unnamed one.

Glad there was no mention of any U7 fighter getting kicked out. Might mean that they will all stay in the arena in the next 3 episodes. They mentioned Krillin getting ringed out in the preview for episode 100 afterall.

I have no idea what to think about Goku's possible new form yet.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Draconic wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Geez that would just make it 100x worse if it was the new form, you really couldn't claim its not a recolor if they took the exact same image and literally just changed the hair color.
That's true, but I'm 100% sure that's not the intention. Hell, that whole package is plastred with Blue Goku. If this is was the new form why keep it in the background?

I've seen this kind of stuff on toy packages before (kinda annoyed can't find an example) and it's probably just that it's a very poorly designed one.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Draconic wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Draconic wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's true, but I'm 100% sure that's not the intention. Hell, that whole package is plastred with Blue Goku. If this is was the new form why keep it in the background?

I've seen this kind of stuff on toy packages before (kinda annoyed can't find an example) and it's probably just that it's a very poorly designed one.
It's legit, there's barely any doubt about that. I'm going to take a guess and say it's either a placeholder for something else or it was put there to be misleading.

Considering this candy itself isn't supposed to come out tell Valentines Day I'm going with the former.
Feels over Reals.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 pm

JulianStyles wrote:What I find most interesting is no U7 eliminations mentioned. Krillin gets eliminated episode 99. Episode 104 and not a second person out? How badly and quickly did Akira want Krillin out?
Or maybe because these summaries are a couple lines for a 20 minute episode... wait until the actual episodes with actual context and actual things happening air before coming up with judgments like this.