"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

If that's goku new form that's really stupid because it's literally just like Ssb but with red hair and yeah I'm pretty sure goku new form will be a higher level of kaioken

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
I'm sure the writers no where each fighter fits. Piccolo will get his feet wet and be impressive before its over. Same with Tien. Roshi already has a hand in 2 eliminations. Not everyone needs to be SSB Vegeta Tier. Dont know why you hate Piccolo hes pretty much the same character as Vegeta only painted green.
He is not the same character as that filthy slug, that is such an insult to vegeta. I won't even say the slug's name he is so beneath it. He should have died long ago when Nappa blasted his ugly pointy eared face. He's nothing more than a mere Namek, nothing more than gohan's shadow. He's not even a character worth drawing.

Vegeta is superior on every level than that slug. stronger, actually has friends and a family, they should take that slug to a zoo, that's where he belongs.
I mean he's not wrong vegeta my favorite character but they really are extremely similar
-Both there fathers were king
-both team up with goku
-both were goku rival
There more but I barely remember the only difference is that vegeta has a family
what was the green slug's father the king of? I dont recall him having subjects outside of his disgusting hybrid offsprings...vegeta has royal blood in his veins, he is the true prince, a true warrior on every level.

that slug is so beneath vegeta its not even funny......vegeta is superior in every way imaginable.....and of course that slug doesn't have a family....he's a loner for a reason, nobody wants him. who would call that slug family?

please stop kidding yourselves.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:If that's goku new form that's really stupid because it's literally just like Ssb but with red hair and yeah I'm pretty sure goku new form will be a higher level of kaioken
Even though kaioken is my second-favorite Gokû power-up, I still hope the form in the teaser poster is more accurate than the one on this chocolate figure. A form with black hair and blue highlights sounds so much cooler than ssjkaioken.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:If that's goku new form that's really stupid because it's literally just like Ssb but with red hair and yeah I'm pretty sure goku new form will be a higher level of kaioken
Even though kaioken is my second-favorite Gokû power-up, I still hope the form in the teaser poster is more accurate than the one on this chocolate figure. A form with black hair and blue highlights sounds so much cooler than ssjkaioken.
It definitely does, and Goku's new form will come from sheer willpower no doubt as he always overcomes the odds time and time again. I believe it would be against Jiren, or perhaps maybe it would be against something far more sinister that's been brewing beneath the surface since U9 got erased.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:16 pm

I don't get it so we're back to red hair again like the original Super Saiyan God?

Am I the only one who thinks this is beyond stupid?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:21 pm

I don't understand how someone could actually hate Piccolo. He never really makes a huge mistake that endangers the people around him the same way other characters do and he's not an asshole. Seems pretty strange.

I'd say piccolo is like a calmer Vegeta. He's got the whole badass thing going on, can be stern, but he's less hot headed and doesn't feel the need to assert dominance . He kind of goes with the flow. I've grown a liking to piccolo after episode 88.
Last edited by kinisking on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm

precita wrote:I don't get it so we're back to red hair again like the original Super Saiyan God?

No I think so as well... And I can't wait for the ridiculous explanation

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm

precita wrote:I don't get it so we're back to red hair again like the original Super Saiyan God?

I don't like it either right now. Hopefully it will at least make sense in-universe.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pm

kinisking wrote:I don't understand how someone could actually hate Piccolo. He never really makes a huge mistake that endangers the people around him the same way other characters do and he's not an asshole. Seems pretty strange.

I'd say piccolo is like a calmer Vegeta. He's got the whole badass thing going on, can be stern, but he's less hot headed and doesn't feel the need to assert dominance . He kind of goes with the flow. I've grown a liking to piccolo after episode 88.
its not about his attributes.....i dont care about that.....its that he gets compared to vegeta the most when he doesnt deserve it....similar backstory or not....he is so much weaker that any comparisons are out the window

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

kinisking wrote:I don't understand how someone could actually hate Piccolo. He never really makes a huge mistake that endangers the people around him the same way other characters do and he's not an asshole. Seems pretty strange.

Some hate him because his character already became joke the moment he gets killed in FnF and how he gets trolled in the Champa Arc.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Now that someone here pointed it out, it really seems like SSB Goku with red filter whatsoever. And that seems to be just the box for the SSB Goku chocolate thing. Guess we need to wait more before jumping to conclusions already. *There is still hope for the spiky black hair :D *

Also, Hit teaming up with Goku is nice and unexpected. Finally something that is worth looking forward to, hopefully they do it right.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:49 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

Some hate him because his character already became joke the moment he gets killed in FnF and how he gets trolled in the Champa Arc.
That slug was a joke long before that

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Well evidence is now pointing to it not being the new form... So we gotta wait until the official reveal to see what's what before we berate or gush.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Legion wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.
Goku in the end will be more stronger than Vegeta, like in Z.

Vegeta won't surpass Goku. That's kinda obvious and only deluded die-hard Vegeta's fans still deceive themselves, BUT

If Vegeta is still planned to be useful for the show and be on par with Goku (at least to some extent), then he HAS TO get something new. Either new form or something similar to Kaioken. It is the only way for him to catch up to Goku.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
aravinthan wrote:[spoiler]epi 103 Gohan vs Universe 10
Epi 104 hit goku vs Universe 10. GOHANS resolution. Univ 2 corners univ 10[/spoiler]
I think one of univ 7 warrior is going to be knocked,Gohan pulls a Goku and fails
Hit and Goku are fighting Universe 11, not 10.
Ok now its better after correction

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

-Episode 103 and 104 spoilers-

Looks like Gohan will finally do something interesting in this Tournament.
For the people that were complaining that most of the fights are U6/U7 vs the other Universes, looks like U2 will clash with U10. Even though focusing on the main Universe and its twin, the two Universes that the audience knows the most, is the logical approach.

Goku/Hit tag team is so much better than Goku or Vegeta vs Hit again. Gives me Goku/Piccolo tag team vibes. Let's hope Goku doesn't die again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 103 and 104 spoilers-

Looks like Gohan will finally do something interesting in this Tournament.
For the people that were complaining that most of the fights are U6/U7 vs the other Universes, looks like U2 will clash with U10. Even though focusing on the main Universe and its twin, the two Universes that the audience knows the most, is the logical approach.

Goku/Hit tag team is so much better than Goku or Vegeta vs Hit again. Gives me Goku/Piccolo tag team vibes. Let's hope Goku doesn't die again.
I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm

Universe 10 has 4 warriors(3 if Rose guy is gone in episode 102), isnt that a little overkill U2 and U7 will go for them?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Image

Universe 10 has 4 warriors(3 if Rose guy is gone in episode 102), isnt that a little overkill U2 and U7 will go for them?
I'm guessing 103 implies Rose guy survives.
Also maybe Giant red dude and blue yoga guy are actual good fighters, they look badass in the outro.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote: I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory
Kinda crazy watching a long series where you don't like the main character. I wouldn't do it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.