"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 103 and 104 spoilers-

Looks like Gohan will finally do something interesting in this Tournament.
For the people that were complaining that most of the fights are U6/U7 vs the other Universes, looks like U2 will clash with U10. Even though focusing on the main Universe and its twin, the two Universes that the audience knows the most, is the logical approach.

Goku/Hit tag team is so much better than Goku or Vegeta vs Hit again. Gives me Goku/Piccolo tag team vibes. Let's hope Goku doesn't die again.

But how you can know that there won't be Vegeta vs Hit rematch afterwards?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 pm

perucho1990 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/RxItrNR.jpg

Universe 10 has 4 warriors(3 if Rose guy is gone in episode 102), isnt that a little overkill U2 and U7 will go for them?
Ganos is repeated in the image, unless he has a twin.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Sandubadear wrote:

Universe 10 has 4 warriors(3 if Rose guy is gone in episode 102), isnt that a little overkill U2 and U7 will go for them?
Some people think he might. The brown skinned one is from the intro, but Ganos is greenish-gray.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't think thats the new form guys it is literally the same picture with a red filter and its a little bit smaller also the chocolate is suppose to be ssjb Goku why would they put a random new form on a piece of chocolate about a different form. Now theres a bunch New form leaked?!?! videos when its not a new form at all. :shock:
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Mercenary wrote: But how you can know that there won't be Vegeta vs Hit rematch afterwards?
It can still happen. I'm just happy that they are doing other things with him besides the obvious rematches with Goku/Vegeta.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Mercenary wrote: But how you can know that there won't be Vegeta vs Hit rematch afterwards?
It can still happen. I'm just happy that they are doing other things with him besides the obvious rematches with Goku/Vegeta.

Yeah, I agree. Lack of unpredictability is this what really annoyed me in DBS.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Simere wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:

Some people think he might. The brown skinned one is from the intro, but Ganos is greenish-gray.
Maybe they hadn't decided his color palette when they made the intro, but now that I think about it makes sense for Ganos to have a secret twin who doesn't like to appear since they're spies and all.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory
Kinda crazy watching a long series where you don't like the main character. I wouldn't do it.
Lmao I'm joking

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Legion wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.
Goku in the end will be more stronger than Vegeta, like in Z.

Vegeta won't surpass Goku. That's kinda obvious and only deluded die-hard Vegeta's fans still deceive themselves, BUT

If Vegeta is still planned to be useful for the show and be on par with Goku (at least to some extent), then he HAS TO get something new. Either new form or something similar to Kaioken. It is the only way for him to catch up to Goku.
He won't get nothing the same way he never got ssj3.
Dragonballgod19 wrote:

For the people that were complaining that most of the fights are U6/U7 vs the other Universes, looks like U2 will clash with U10. Even though focusing on the main Universe and its twin, the two Universes that the audience knows the most, is the logical approach.

Goku/Hit tag team is so much better than Goku or Vegeta vs Hit again. Gives me Goku/Piccolo tag team vibes. Let's hope Goku doesn't die again.
I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory
There is nothing more boring that Vegeta, an arrogant prick that does the same shit all the time and gets owned all the time.
He is a fucking slugger do you want more boring than that?
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:52 pm

A little while back, Toshio made a tweet showing a shirt he was gonna wear outside. It was basically like Goku ssj hair but red. I definitely agree that we should all wait to see the new form and not base it off a blurry picture near chocolate but...teases are teases, eh?

As for the spoilers, I feel so bad for Gowasu sama :[

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:A little while back, Toshio made a tweet showing a shirt he was gonna wear outside. It was basically like Goku ssj hair but red. I definitely agree that we should all wait to see the new form and not base it off a blurry picture near chocolate but...teases are teases, eh?

Yeah that shirt looks like ssj god magenta color.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:04 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:A little while back, Toshio made a tweet showing a shirt he was gonna wear outside. It was basically like Goku ssj hair but red. I definitely agree that we should all wait to see the new form and not base it off a blurry picture near chocolate but...teases are teases, eh?

Thats because its not the new form its literally ssjb with a red filter the art is the same the chocolate is the same the whole product is suppose to be ssjb Goku chocolate not a new form.
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Legion wrote: Goku in the end will be more stronger than Vegeta, like in Z.

Vegeta won't surpass Goku. That's kinda obvious and only deluded die-hard Vegeta's fans still deceive themselves, BUT

If Vegeta is still planned to be useful for the show and be on par with Goku (at least to some extent), then he HAS TO get something new. Either new form or something similar to Kaioken. It is the only way for him to catch up to Goku.
Dragonballgod19 wrote:

I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory
There is nothing more boring that Vegeta, an arrogant prick that does the same shit all the time and gets owned all the time.
Vegeta at least cares about something and someone. Hit literally hasn't got any personality. People love him so much because he is stoic and calm guy who pretends to be badass. This formula is kinda boring for me.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:08 pm

OverHeaven wrote:Now that someone here pointed it out, it really seems like SSB Goku with red filter whatsoever. And that seems to be just the box for the SSB Goku chocolate thing. Guess we need to wait more before jumping to conclusions already. *There is still hope for the spiky black hair :D *

Also, Hit teaming up with Goku is nice and unexpected. Finally something that is worth looking forward to, hopefully they do it right.
It requires more assumptions to assume this isn't a new form than just accepting that it is.

It being a red filter makes no sense because it begs the question of why they would even filter SSB to begin with.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Dragonballgod19 wrote: I disagree hit and goku are boring characters especially hit and goku pretty much badly written and has a superman rip off backstory
Vegeta at least cares about something and someone. Hit literally hasn't got any personality. People love him so much because he is stoic and calm guy who pretends to be badass. This formula is kinda boring for me.
This post is so true at least vegeta cares about something I literally see characters like it all the time in different animes

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Hitto has a lot of personality, simply, you are in pain, because, he destroyed Vegeta like a bug. He is stoic, because, he is a Hitman, a cold blooded assassin, he is a very analytical guy like Itachi that is doing his best to protect his team while Vegeta is a braggart that refuses to do team work and a cheater too, since he trains a lot of time in the hyperbolic chamber to surpass the others by having extra time to do it. And Hitto doesn't pretend to be a badass, he is a badass with awesome abilities and true skill while Vegeta relies in raw power and brute strength.
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: He won't get nothing the same way he never got ssj3.

This post is so true at least vegeta cares about something I literally see characters like it all the time in different animes
Hitto cares more about his team than Vegeta.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:Now that someone here pointed it out, it really seems like SSB Goku with red filter whatsoever. And that seems to be just the box for the SSB Goku chocolate thing. Guess we need to wait more before jumping to conclusions already. *There is still hope for the spiky black hair :D *

Also, Hit teaming up with Goku is nice and unexpected. Finally something that is worth looking forward to, hopefully they do it right.
It requires more assumptions to assume this isn't a new form than just accepting that it is.

It being a red filter makes no sense because it begs the question of why they would even filter SSB to begin with.
Given that it is suppose to be for Valentines day 2018 why is the the "new form" in the background while ssjb is in the foreground wouldn't it make more sense to have the "new form" in foreground and the chocolate to be in the "new form"? :eh: EDIT: why have blue at all while the newest form would be the hottest thing at that time...
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Hitto has a lot of personality, simply, you are in pain, because, he destroyed Vegeta like a bug. He is stoic, because, he is a Hitman, a cold blooded assassin, he is a very analytical guy like Itachi that is doing his best to protect his team while Vegeta is a braggart that refuses to do team work and a cheater too, since he trains a lot of time in the hyperbolic chamber to surpass the others by having extra time to do it. And Hitto doesn't pretend to be a badass, he is a badass with awesome abilities and true skill while Vegeta relies in raw power and brute strength.
He's point kinda still stands at least vegeta has something and someone unlike hit, and hit beat vegeta because of time skip and because he was stronger

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

I see characters caring about something all the time too. A man who fights for his pride and his family? Does it get more formulaic than that?

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
He's point kinda still stands at least vegeta has something and someone unlike hit, and hit beat vegeta because of time skip and because he was stronger
How do you know Hitto doesn't have someone? What if someone killed all his family, you don't know nothing about Hitto or his race. Vegeta is a great character, but, he is not 100% reliable, because, he lets his emotions get in the way.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.