"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:21 am

LightBing wrote:I gave it a 10% chance #17 wouldn't be in the game because he's so similar to #18, who would always be in since she's far more relevant.

In my opinion #17 might be a redundant character in terms of playstyle. How different can he be from #18? Unless they take elements from Super, differentiate them will be a hard task to complete.

With this and including #18(99% chance she's in) that's 11 characters. The obligatory core cast is almost completed. I expect people will soon start complaining when they feel x character deserved to be in instead of x character.

My top 3 for characters I really want to see at this juncture are: Tenshinhan, Gotenks and Nappa.
The three are relevant story wise, unique and with incredible potential for a fighting game.
17 and 18 are nothing alike they don't fight alike in terms of fighting style ! and how is she far more relevant ? as Krillin's wife ? yeah but as a fighter she's never been more relevant than him. i'm glad he's in the game, it's going to be sick.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:23 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:Isn't it 18 who's redundant to 17?He seems to have a more defined moveset these days
18 is the top choice for a female fighter. She's in. Even if she had the same moveset with 17 (which she doesn't), she's still the only solid female fighter in all of Z. There's no way in hell #17 is more relevant than her, Super or no Super.
Just because she's the only female fighter doesn't make her more relevant, she has not fought in ages and i've seen them giving her some 17's abilities in some games so they can make her less crappy.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 am

Lapislettuce wrote:how is she far more relevant ?
After the Cell Arc he only appeared in one panel. There's Super but the chances of it being relevant to this game are slim, specially since the current arc is still on-going and the expected release is only a few months away.

I don't know what is your criteria which make #17 more relevant than her sister. She has more screen-time, bigger connection to the main cast and more fights. Even if you include Super, most of what I said is still true.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm

LightBing wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:how is she far more relevant ?
After the Cell Arc he only appeared in one panel. There's Super but the chances of it being relevant to this game are slim, specially since the current arc is still on-going and the expected release is only a few months away.

I don't know what is your criteria which make #17 more relevant than her sister. She has more screen-time, bigger connection to the main cast and more fights. Even if you include Super, most of what I said is still true.
When did she have more fights exacly ? i swear her only big battle was with Vegeta and then she became 100% fodder. she fought Goten and Trunks in buu saga but that was barely a fight, if you include dbs 17 surpassed her in terms of relevance as a fighter, 17 when first appeared he did sick moves one shotting Piccolo, Trunks and Tien at the same time, 17 had one of the best fights in the series with Piccolo, he also fought imperfect Cell and was resisting quit well, now in DBS there's no contest, 17 fought with Goku and shown impressive skills and in the latest episode he's shown even higher skills. all 18 has going for her is being the only female fighter up till now.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:all 18 has going for her is being the only female fighter up till now.
And that makes her light years more relevant than #17. She's an endangered species, in a way. If you have to put a female fighter in a DZB game, #18 is immediately top choice. Fact. 17, on the other hand was never in a DBZ fighting game in the 16-32bit era. It was only after the Budokai games (and their huge rosters) than they finally began to give 17 the spot time he was due.

If 18 was a man, I'd agree with you and say that 17 is a better choice.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Seeing as though Golden Freeza is already in I wouldn't see it as being too far fetched that more New Era stuff making the cut. There are already Super! References in terms of combos and fight animations with the likes of Goku and Vegeta and maybe even Trunks I think..

While I doubt we'll be playing as Magetta Toppo Champa and Sidra in this game I'm sure at the very least we'll get BlueKu, BlueGeta, Hit, Cabba,Black, Merged Zamasu and maybe Jiren.

I would LOVE if Kale made it in as her Mastered Berserker form..
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 am

Lapislettuce wrote: When did she have more fights exactly ?
25th Tenkaichi Budokai, and if you're counting movies, Movie 11.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 am

Interview with Hiroki Motomura on Famitsu:
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/10139088.html

see also from yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XFMyJtuLwg

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm

The way she said they will to try to please all DB fans from different generations makes me hopeful for some DBS characters.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:19 am

oldboy88 wrote:Interview with Hiroki Motomura on Famitsu:
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/10139088.html

see also from yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XFMyJtuLwg
More xenoverse conformed too...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:09 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:The way she said they will to try to please all DB fans from different generations makes me hopeful for some DBS characters.
I personally hope this means we will get some OG DB characters. Getting both Kid Goku and Master Roshi would be awesome.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 am

emperior wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:The way she said they will to try to please all DB fans from different generations makes me hopeful for some DBS characters.
I personally hope this means we will get some OG DB characters. Getting both Kid Goku and Master Roshi would be awesome.
I think Demon King Piccolo would be a possibility as well. Tao's been deconfirmed, though, so the pool of characters from OG Dragon Ball just got smaller.

As for me, I hoping my boy Raditz is in.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:44 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
emperior wrote:
I think Demon King Piccolo would be a possibility as well. Tao's been deconfirmed, though, so the pool of characters from OG Dragon Ball just got smaller.

King Piccolo may be a little redundant with Piccolo in, as they would look way too similar.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:24 am

emperior wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
emperior wrote: I personally hope this means we will get some OG DB characters. Getting both Kid Goku and Master Roshi would be awesome.

King Piccolo may be a little redundant with Piccolo in, as they would look way too similar.
With the detail put into the game from what we've seen, King Piccolo's look and especially his moveset would be different than his son. It did not stop him from being in Super Dragon Ball Z or in the Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking series that had Piccolo, Jr. on the roster.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Although I said before I would like this game to not be another of the several we had only DBZ based, I think I wouldn't care much if he didn't get any Super characters on it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Noah wrote:
Although I said before I would like this game to not be another of the several we had only DBZ based, I think I wouldn't care much if he didn't get any Super characters on it.
We already have Golden Frieza, a Super era transformastion, Super Characters and Forms are kind of a given after that.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:39 pm

I'd love to see Hit in there. I don't really need anyone else

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:We already have Golden Frieza, a Super era transformastion, Super Characters and Forms are kind of a given after that.
I love how people pretend that Ressurection Of F was not a DBZ movie and yes just a DBS story arc :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:15 pm

The official site has the HTML files of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Boo as "goku-ss", "vegeta-ss", "gohan-y" and "majinboo-z", respectively.

Hints toward additional versions of these characters as playable? Every other character on the site just has their name as the file (including Trunks).
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 am

majinboo-z? Is there another Majin Buu in Super or GT I'm not familiar with? Well, besides Uub, but technically he's just Uub.