What DB Villains could you see Goku Black getting along with?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

What DB Villains could you see Goku Black getting along with?

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Or tolerating?

Taking into account villains from the games,DBS, DBZ movies, DBZ, DBGT, etc.

Are there any villains you could see Goku Black tolerating or even fully being able to get along with?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: What DB Villains could you see Goku Black getting along with?

Post by Lionel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Black's philosophy is fundamentally the same as Zamasu's. In his eyes, ningen are universally detestable for their pension in precipitating conflict and strife. I'm not too familiar with the movies and games so I'll stick with the original material. Almost every villain would classify as a barbarous ningen in Black's eyes -- from Pilaf all of the way up through Dragon Ball and into Z the villains all hail from mortal conception, natural and artificial. The only dubious exception might be Dabura as he hails from Makai. We don't know what Black's policy is concerning that hellish dimension and its inhabitants. I'm also not sure what his policy on sentient animals like Octopapa or Pterodactyl from the beginning of the series would be. Pirate Robot is an emotionless automaton programmed to safeguard the treasures of the sunken cave. Would Black have any need to destroy it? Major Metallitron is a programmed android, but he does have emotions.

Beerus would be exonerated if he gave his word not to interfere. I can't see why Black would have any need to go after the U7 Hakaishin if he felt assured in him remaining neutral throughout the whole affair.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 pm

The Shadow Dragons. They are the karma of people's doings supposed to show them that they cannot do what they want.

They, together with the Cyborgs as well as Baby both show that people can do horrible things but at the same time already can stand for a good lecture.

Even Janemba is not so bad as an embodiement of the people's problematic side.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

None. He hates all mortals.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:None. He hates all mortals.
Pretty much this.....however dragon balls are the tools of a god...and Omege'as power could help with the Zero Mortals Plan....

But his power is born of corruption, Black would see it as ugly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Black wanted to kill everything which is what Kid Buu was doing so he'd probably get along with him, assuming Buu doesn't try to eat him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

sintzu wrote:Black wanted to kill everything which is what Kid Buu was doing so he'd probably get along with him, assuming Buu doesn't try to eat him.
if you count Buu as a mortal since Buu is just a demon... which comes under "ningen"
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 pm

If he managed to control Boo, then he would be of use. Boo doesn't count as a mortal in either of his origin stories, he's either a natural phenomenon or a demon. He'd absolutely hate Freeza, since he represents everything that he hates about mortals. I want to say perhaps he'd get along with Daimao since his other half is a God and he potentially has the power to create Dragon Balls, but the fact that, even if Kami is a deity, he's still a mortal, and an evil one at that, makes him also a prime target for Zamasu's hatred. He and Cell could perhaps cooperate, since Cell is an artificial creature, but maybe Zamasu would hate him too since he's just a mortal's creation.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 am

What do you guys think would be Black's responce to being confronted with less orthodox creatures/beings like Buyon, Octopapa, Pterodactyl, and Metallitron? They don't fit the traditional notions of "ningen". Would they be executed alongside everyone else? I couldn't see Black getting along with them either way -- about the closest thing they have in common is Metallitron partaking in the enjoyment of beverages.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 am

Lionel wrote:What do you guys think would be Black's responce to being confronted with less orthodox creatures/beings like Buyon, Octopapa, Pterodactyl, and Metallitron? They don't fit the traditional notions of "ningen". Would they be executed alongside everyone else? I couldn't see Black getting along with them either way -- about the closest thing they have in common is Metallitron partaking in the enjoyment of beverages.
The word ningen refers to a human, man, human being, person, etc. Buyon, Sergeant Metallic, and the others you mentioned are not those. They are robots or animals and monsters according to Daizenshuu, so they aren't humans.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 am

sintzu wrote:Black wanted to kill everything which is what Kid Buu was doing so he'd probably get along with him, assuming Buu doesn't try to eat him.
The pure Majin Boo is an evil being so he would try to attack Zamasu or even Goku Black. The two would not get along.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Meshack wrote:
Lionel wrote:What do you guys think would be Black's responce to being confronted with less orthodox creatures/beings like Buyon, Octopapa, Pterodactyl, and Metallitron? They don't fit the traditional notions of "ningen". Would they be executed alongside everyone else? I couldn't see Black getting along with them either way -- about the closest thing they have in common is Metallitron partaking in the enjoyment of beverages.
The word ningen refers to a human, man, human being, person, etc. Buyon, Sergeant Metallic, and the others you mentioned are not those. They are robots or animals and monsters according to Daizenshuu, so they aren't humans.
They were proven to be capable of sentient thought, though; which is where I feel some level of questionability arises in whether they would be eligible for exemption or not. Does Black kill purely based on the notion of them constituting as "ningen" in his eyes or is sentient moral comprehension, regardless of what they are, grounds for execution? One was programmed to serve evil humans whereas Buyon appeared to be complicit. Octopapa and Pterodactyl could articulate rational thought, but they seemed to be acting on pure basic instinct concerning food. We did see Zamasu's universal essence kill Turtle, but at that point he had lost any inhibitions he may have once held himself to.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:If he managed to control Boo, then he would be of use. Boo doesn't count as a mortal in either of his origin stories, he's either a natural phenomenon or a demon. He'd absolutely hate Freeza, since he represents everything that he hates about mortals. I want to say perhaps he'd get along with Daimao since his other half is a God and he potentially has the power to create Dragon Balls, but the fact that, even if Kami is a deity, he's still a mortal, and an evil one at that, makes him also a prime target for Zamasu's hatred. He and Cell could perhaps cooperate, since Cell is an artificial creature, but maybe Zamasu would hate him too since he's just a mortal's creation.
Black and Freeza should interact just to see which self deluding psychopath between the two of them can pretend they're dignified beings better.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Black wouldn't necessarily get along with anyone, he has an absurd superiority/messiah complex and the only person he viewed as an equal was his temporal counterpart and thus only felt amiability with himself.
I could see him using other villains as stoolies in his conquest over mortal life in the multiverse, with the promise that he'll spare them but probably won't once everyone else is dead.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't think the Shadow Dragons would count as mortals. The Shadow Dragons hate Goku and his friends for over using the Dragon Balls. It could be to see something in a future video game of Black and Zamasu using the Shadow Dragons as a tool to kill off all mortals.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:11 pm

None. They're all ningens.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Cell is the only one that comes to mind. He might find a way to convince Black that the nature of his being separates him from all other mortals, possibly just for the sake of getting in on the genocide and getting stronger in the process. They both maintain a respect and connection with Son Goku. Cell already has most of the benefits of fused Zamasu anyway, shy of outright immortality (regeneration is still a bitch), so the big problem would end up being redundancy. The fact both of these villains have origins in time travel just adds to the similarities.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Lionel wrote:
Meshack wrote:
They were proven to be capable of sentient thought, though; which is where I feel some level of questionability arises in whether they would be eligible for exemption or not. Does Black kill purely based on the notion of them constituting as "ningen" in his eyes or is sentient moral comprehension, regardless of what they are, grounds for execution? One was programmed to serve evil humans whereas Buyon appeared to be complicit. Octopapa and Pterodactyl could articulate rational thought, but they seemed to be acting on pure basic instinct concerning food. We did see Zamasu's universal essence kill Turtle, but at that point he had lost any inhibitions he may have once held himself to.
They're not humans. I told you, the word ninen refers to human beings like you and I, not animals or monsters.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:None. He hates all mortals.
This. Black only likes himself.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 am

Meshack wrote: They're not humans. I told you, the word ninen refers to human beings like you and I, not animals or monsters.
Except ningen just literally means humans but not just that. And its not just humans that Zamasu despises. He despises mortals.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"