Let us talk about SSJ3 Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Let us talk about SSJ3 Vegeta

Post by Kishido » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:00 pm

You know I make fun of him here cuz he never gained/showed it... But now seriously why aren't TOEI, Toyble or Toriyama doing it.

I know we have Blue and soon other forms... But alone for the marketing or even for fan services they could have done it. But no... They haven't done it in GT (OK was a Goku show) but until now in Super not as well?

Even if there have been perfect chances for it. Some examples

- Against Beerus instead of just Rage SSJ2. Why not Rage SSJ3? The fight lasted just some seconds after all
- Against Cabba showing him the different forms to archieve all the way to SSB
- Against F. Trunks... He could show him SSJ3 as he was asked for just to call the form pointless and that Trunks should aim for SSB.

Super is full of fan service... But Vegeta fans (me included btw) don't get this one simple form... just in some card and fighting games

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Let us talk about SSJ3 Vegeta

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm

I always figured it's because his short self would look funny with hair reaching his ankles..
There's always the chance of him tripping from the hair mid battle as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I always figured it's because his short self would look funny with hair reaching his ankles..
LOL they wouldn't have to make it that long like in the card games

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

At this stage, having SSJ3 would be redundant. It's the most impractical SSJ3 form there is because of how much it burns through your energy. It's a terrible form to use in combat.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:At this stage, having SSJ3 would be redundant. It's the most impractical SSJ3 form there is because of how much it burns through your energy. It's a terrible form to use in combat.
Again it's not abotu the use but more abotu fan service and the simply showing that Vegeta has it like people debated for a long time.

He doesn't even to fight with it... I gave you 2 examples above.

We got LSSJ, a Yadrat, a Tuffle, a Lord Slug lookign guy and all... Sow hy not simply doing it for the fan service like they are doing it in games

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Does he even need to use SS3? He was confirmed to have surpassed SS3 in terms of power with just his SS2 form after Beerus slapped Bulma.

Could he become SS3? Maybe, he has at least the power to do so. But the form drains too much ki and stamina and isn't really an efficient form because of that, so again, is there any need for him to use it?

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:At this stage, having SSJ3 would be redundant. It's the most impractical SSJ3 form there is because of how much it burns through your energy. It's a terrible form to use in combat.
I got a theory related to this after watching "MY BULMA" scene and Trunks "Mutated" SS2 form, what if Vegeta learned how to transform in a SS3 after watching Goku and Gotenks, but also learned the important drawbacks of this form, and choose to improve his SS2 form, by using it excessively, just like Trunks. Vegeta was always smarter than Goku, it won´t surprise me if he did that

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:
I got a theory related to this after watching "MY BULMA" scene and Trunks "Mutated" SS2 form, what if Vegeta learned how to transform in a SS3 after watching Goku and Gotenks, but also learned the important drawbacks of this form, and choose to improve his SS2 form, by using it excessively, just like Trunks. Vegeta was always smarter than Goku, it won´t surprise me if he did that
Trunks never went 3 cuz he couldn't... And yeah of course Vegeta knows about the cons of the transformation.

Again... I simply asked why not showing it in the canon (people asked it a lot in the past) just for fan service... I'm not talking about a serous super battle with it.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:30 pm

In terms of doing it for Fanservice, it is a little odd they didn't just throw it on Vegeta at some point.

Maybe they feel they don't need to since pretty much every recent video game gives it to him anyway? I know Heros and Dokkan battle give him the form quite a bit. Dokkan battle even giving the GT version SSJ 3.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:55 pm

With the amount of Ssj3 Vegeta merchandise, I think it's only a matter of time before we see it in the anime or manga. It wasn't long ago that fans were saying we'd never see him in SsG then out of nowhere he got it against Black.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:The form drains too much ki and stamina and isn't really an efficient form because of that, so again, is there any need for him to use it?
Lord Beerus wrote:It's the most impractical SSJ3 form there is because of how much it burns through your energy. It's a terrible form to use in combat.
Wasn't that due to both Goku and Gotenks just reaching it ? surely at Goku's level now he won't have those issues if he decided to use it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Plus SS3 looks horrible on Vegeta. Besides thanks to DBH and Video Games, SS3 Vegeta has already been merch'd so there is literally no point in doing it whatsoever.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Kishido wrote:
Benedetto12 wrote:
Trunks never went 3 cuz he couldn't... And yeah of course Vegeta knows about the cons of the transformation.

Again... I simply asked why not showing it in the canon (people asked it a lot in the past) just for fan service... I'm not talking about a serous super battle with it.
More like he didn't know it existed until Goku used it. Super Saiyan 3 is more or less a form Goku created.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 pm

SS3 is really weird for Vegeta because he can train to get forms stronger then it but he can't get 3 still?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 pm

I would have loved it if he got it against Beerus, that was the best chance. The last one, since he had the SSB in the next arc.
Heno heno kappa!

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm

sintzu wrote:With the amount of Ssj3 Vegeta merchandise, I think it's only a matter of time before we see it in the anime or manga. It wasn't long ago that fans were saying we'd never see him in SsG then out of nowhere he got it against Black.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:The form drains too much ki and stamina and isn't really an efficient form because of that, so again, is there any need for him to use it?
Lord Beerus wrote:It's the most impractical SSJ3 form there is because of how much it burns through your energy. It's a terrible form to use in combat.
Wasn't that due to both Goku and Gotenks just reaching it ? surely at Goku's level now he won't have those issues if he decided to use it.
Of course, that's not to say I don't like or don't want to see SS3 Vegeta. It would still be nice to see in the anime or manga, I'm just having a hard time trying to imagine at what time would he show it off, assuming he could transform into it.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I always figured it's because his short self would look funny with hair reaching his ankles..
I totally agree with this. SSJ3 on Vegeta and even Gohan just never looks right. It works for Goku. And even Gotenks pulls it off. But I've seen the DBH art for SSJ3 Vegeta and Gohan and it's just weird looking
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:18 pm

So, I actually really wanted Vegeta to get the Super Saiyan 3 form as well, and I hope it happens in the Tournament of Power. I am not even sure if Rage Super Saiyan 2 that he got during Battle of Gods was even a form.

I still really struggle with this to figure out if it was a rage boost that all Saiyans get, or if it was a precursor to Super Saiyan Rage that Trunks got.

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Kishido wrote:
Again it's not abotu the use but more abotu fan service and the simply showing that Vegeta has it like people debated for a long time.

He doesn't even to fight with it... I gave you 2 examples above.

We got LSSJ, a Yadrat, a Tuffle, a Lord Slug lookign guy and all... Sow hy not simply doing it for the fan service like they are doing it in games
There's really no need for Vegeta to have SSJ3, its one of those consistent nagging requests/complaints I see every so often. You won't him to have it for no narrative purpose other than to show he has it and nothing else. Again, i just don't understand that logic, if you guys want it that badly then look at the VGs like Raging Blast or DBH and its animated sequence that shows SSJ3 Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan in all their glory, you technically got what you want already.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Let's talk about something that doesn't exist in the show. :P

I'm not fan of this writing where the rival must be able to do everything the main character can. That's why I don't mind him not having SSJ3 and SSG in the anime.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

SSJ3 Vegeta would have been insanely amazing to have seen! However, I doubt he would be able to reach that form due to the writers hating on Vegeta. Also, that form in itself is pretty much useless since it drains your stamina 2x more than SSJ2. The only good forms as of right now are the SSJ and SSJ Blue forms.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19