So only 13 minutes of the tournament have passed so far as of now

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

So only 13 minutes of the tournament have passed so far as of now

Post by precita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 pm

The narrator said at the end of this episode there are 35 minutes left. Since it started with 48 minutes, that's means only 13 minutes have transpired.

Do you think everything we've seen so far can fit into 13 minutes? You also have to remember most of these fights were likely going on at the same time (besides the ones Goku is in, obviously, he can't be in two places at once), and all the cutaways to the stands with Beerus/Champa, etc. don't count as that's also happening simulataneously to the fights.

Do you think it all fits into 13 minutes thus far? By this logic Krillin must have been knocked out within the first 2 minutes of the tournament, lol.

MaskedRider
Banned

Re: So only 13 minutes of the tournament have passed so far as of now

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Honestly, yeah. Its not like with family guy in that one episode where Stewie and Brian go into the past to the first episode and when there is a cut away all the characters freeze until its over. All the action of the fighters and dialogue of the Gods / Angels / Kaios are all happening simultaneously.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Goku must be spending like 30 seconds to a minute on each fight he's in, he's like jumping from opponent to opponent. It's actually pretty damn funny when you stop to think about it. He's like a jack rabbit going from one to another in 13 minutes.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:53 pm

precita wrote:Goku must be spending like 30 seconds to a minute on each fight he's in, he's like jumping from opponent to opponent. It's actually pretty damn funny when you stop to think about it. He's like a jack rabbit going from one to another in 13 minutes.
lmao yeah though its not unbelievable, we're talking about warriors fighting in a tournament for universal survivor so I'm sure the speeds they be fighting at will be faster than what we could comprehend but this IS an anime after all.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:52 pm

I really hope someone makes a youtube complication showing all the fights of the tournament in the 48 minute span after this arc ends. Someone did it for the first 1 minute of the tournament when U9 was defeated.

Would be fun to watch the entire tournament in just 48 minutes in real life as a speed through marathon. :lol:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Goku is the one making it seem questionable as hes in every fight :lol:

Yes though I believe it because anything not involving Goku can be happening as other things are.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:35 pm

precita wrote:I really hope someone makes a youtube complication showing all the fights of the tournament in the 48 minute span after this arc ends. Someone did it for the first 1 minute of the tournament when U9 was defeated.

Would be fun to watch the entire tournament in just 48 minutes in real life as a speed through marathon. :lol:
it's been upgraded to 11 min and it's every bit the clusterfuck you thought it was supposed to be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbLfM0YVks

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:56 pm

GigaDrill wrote:
precita wrote:I really hope someone makes a youtube complication showing all the fights of the tournament in the 48 minute span after this arc ends. Someone did it for the first 1 minute of the tournament when U9 was defeated.

it's been upgraded to 11 min and it's every bit the clusterfuck you thought it was supposed to be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbLfM0YVks
I love these compilation videos!!

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:22 pm

I think Goku's has had too much screen-time for it to be believable personally. He's pretty much been a part of every big encounter in each episode and is jumping all over the place to be involved in everything, if that wasn't the case then sure I could easily see this being 13 minutes.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:29 pm

They fight at incredible speeds, i think it is very possible .Let's remember the 5 minutes for namek explosion.

Time never did make any sense in Dragon Ball.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:I think Goku's has had too much screen-time for it to be believable personally. He's pretty much been a part of every big encounter in each episode and is jumping all over the place to be involved in everything, if that wasn't the case then sure I could easily see this being 13 minutes.
Agreed about everything except the last part. This recent episode was really the only time he made himself involved. Everyone else he fought attacked him first.