"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Wait, Mira absorbing Towa was an DB Online thing??
No, I think my memory is just mixed up. Ignore me. :crazy:

Is it safe to guess that we may get some info on the "expansion DLC" relatively soon, seeing as the Switch port is releasing towards the end of next month? What do y'all think?
Some people have been telling me we might get more info at Gamescon. Don't know if that's a guess or something.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 am

Last week they showed a commercial for Xenoverse 2 for the Switch when Super was airing.

At the end they showed a still of Demigra. Is he a Switch exclusive playable character or something?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:27 am

Bullza wrote:At the end they showed a still of Demigra. Is he a Switch exclusive playable character or something?
For a limited time, the Switch port will include the XV1 story missions, but nothing beyond that. So as far as we know, Demigra unfortunately remains story-exclusive.
Kanzenshuu wrote:The Nintendo Switch version in Japan will — for a limited time — come packaged with the original story mode (“Legend Patrol”) from 2014’s first Dragon Ball XENOVERSE game. The physical version will include this addition through its 31 December 2017 printing, while the download edition will include the bonus through 27 December 2017. It has been specifically noted that only the story missions will be available; the first game’s Toki Toki City is not included, and certain circumstances may appear slightly different.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 am

Any news on that recent 1.11 patch for the game?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

The Parallel Quest #67 - Power of a Super Saiyan God now displays a cutscene showing Goku going from Super Saiyan 2 to Super Saiyan God.

Which means more screenshot for me of that awesome transformation that is Super Saiyan 2. :)

EDIT: Bojack Raid Mission's reward is a golden scouter. I didn't even know there was that in the game. While it looks cool, where's Paragus' outfit?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:The Parallel Quest #67 - Power of a Super Saiyan God now displays a cutscene showing Goku going from Super Saiyan 2 to Super Saiyan God.

Which means more screenshot for me of that awesome transformation that is Super Saiyan 2. :)

EDIT: Bojack Raid Mission's reward is a golden scouter. I didn't even know there was that in the game. While it looks cool, where's Paragus' outfit?
Ah ffs when is the raid?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Raid Mission always occurs on Saturday (not every Saturday though), yesterday was Bojack's.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 pm

You know.....I went back and played One Piece Pirate Warriors 2's story mode ad saw something very familier.

Dark aura and glowing eyes, taken over by deus ex machina of the villian. Yeah has to be where the idea for "dark magic control" came from.

Not that I mind per say but its a cheap way giving the bad guys hecnhmen and forceing us to fight the same guys over again just with an emo paint job and stock attacks. AS WELL AS NOT LETTING US PLAY AS THE MAIN VILLIAN!!!!!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:50 am

Is there a raid today, can someone reply to this comment me if there is?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:21 am

TobyS wrote:Is there a raid today, can someone reply to this comment me if there is?
No there isn't one today. I'm guessing the raids are once every two weeks. So next week there should be one.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:00 pm

It seems no info about Xenoverse 2 again. Not that I fully believed in that information from the website but if there's more to come to this game and they wait until October to release it then Dimps would have fulfilled halfway of what was promised (content for one year). If the DLCs were released each two months, then the next one should be out in August. Yet, no new content is to be seen. Them waiting until October to release something more when they could've released two more stuff (August and October) is... Disappointing, to say the least.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Grimlock wrote:It seems no info about Xenoverse 2 again. Not that I fully believed in that information from the website but if there's more to come to this game and they wait until October to release it then Dimps would have fulfilled halfway of what was promised (content for one year). If the DLCs were released each two months, then the next one should be out in August. Yet, no new content is to be seen. Them waiting until October to release something more when they could've released two more stuff (August and October) is... Disappointing, to say the least.
I don't know, getting such DLCs was huge for a Japanese franchise game already and I never much bought into that free DLC stuff.
That 1 year of content can easily be the Raids and World Tournaments with awards, which also requires some kind of service.
But I really don't believe and I am skeptical to any free characters or story content after the announced slate of DLCs ended.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Grimlock wrote:It seems no info about Xenoverse 2 again. Not that I fully believed in that information from the website but if there's more to come to this game and they wait until October to release it then Dimps would have fulfilled halfway of what was promised (content for one year). If the DLCs were released each two months, then the next one should be out in August. Yet, no new content is to be seen. Them waiting until October to release something more when they could've released two more stuff (August and October) is... Disappointing, to say the least.
I may be wrong here, but none of the DLC packs were ever refered to as expansions, so maybe they are taking their time and will introduce more than the content of two packs, or even some new gameplay mechanicss, once the update comes out.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 am

Damn, is there like best strategy to get alternate ending with Mira?
I am overpowered, but Goku always knocks him away and interferes when we battle, it is annoying.
I've tried the gum gum paralyzing attack and burning spin tactic, but even if I succesfully envelop him un gum gum, I somehow can't pilot the burning spin, which is totally hard to control :D

Damn, after year of on and off playing, I can't have it done! And I've told myself, that after I win by alternate ending, I am done with this game :lol:
Which will never happen... Thanks for some know-hows in advance!

Yeah, and FYI I do suck in the game, as I win like 1 fight from 10 in Martial arts tournaments.
This is the only fighting game I haven't got a grasp on... MK check, Guilty Gear Xrd check, Street Fighter... but not this dumbed simulator! It's infuriating, it should be easy game for casuals they say :lol: :lol: :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Damn, is there like best strategy to get alternate ending with Mira?
I am overpowered, but Goku always knocks him away and interferes when we battle, it is annoying.
I've tried the gum gum paralyzing attack and burning spin tactic, but even if I succesfully envelop him un gum gum, I somehow can't pilot the burning spin, which is totally hard to control :D

Damn, after year of on and off playing, I can't have it done! And I've told myself, that after I win by alternate ending, I am done with this game :lol:
Which will never happen... Thanks for some know-hows in advance!

Yeah, and FYI I do suck in the game, as I win like 1 fight from 10 in Martial arts tournaments.
This is the only fighting game I haven't got a grasp on... MK check, Guilty Gear Xrd check, Street Fighter... but not this dumbed simulator! It's infuriating, it should be easy game for casuals they say :lol: :lol: :lol:
i gotchu bro. Use giant storm (Nappa's ult) and special beam cannon. Both do quick damage with a fast start up time
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Will there be a raid this weekend?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:20 pm

It's already happening in some places. Check your timezone.

The reward is the Golden Oozaru suit.

~ Day of the Machines ~

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Is there any update on the release of the expansion?

The wait for that is the only reason I haven't traded this game towards FighterZ yet.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 am

Trailer for the Switch Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZeYLyjbs-Q

Music is pretty damn good.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:16 pm

I hear that the Switch version of this game is already a big hit in Japan, as there was a shortage in the retail versions.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.