How strong would a Goku/Freeza fusion be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How strong would a Goku/Freeza fusion be?

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 am

There are a lot of factors worth considering here. First of all, we know that the yin/yang of two rivals choosing to set aside themselves and join forces creates an abnormally potent fusion, as the two fill in each other's gaps and meld perfectly. This is why Vegetto always ends up so ridiculously overpowered.

But there have been many arguments proposing Vegeta isn't even really Goku's rival, that the rivalry is one-sided, and Goku/Freeza are actually a much stronger rivalry. So would their boost be even superior to Vegetto's?

On the other hand, Goku and Freeza are not very compatible physically. Could this have a negative impact?

I know there is no circumstance where Freeza would agree to fuse with Goku, but for the sake of argument, let's just say hypothetically they agreed to it. How strong is the result?

Name choices:
Goza
Freeku
Kakareeza
Coldku

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: How strong would a Goku/Freeza fusion be?

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't think they'd fully be able to fuse because their species are completely different. If possible, I think the fusion would certainly be OP (imagine Golden Freeza coupled with SSGSS Goku) but Goku's rivalry with Freeza is weak compared to his one with Vegeta.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Stronger than Beerus
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:24 pm

I don't think it would work well at all.

Goku and Vegeta are rivals. They compete with one another, but there is respect and admiration there.

Goku and Frieza are not rivals. They are mortal enemies. Frieza has no respect, nothing but seething hatred for Goku. Their fusion would be a schizophrenic being unable to realize anywhere near its true potential, and likely rip itself apart.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Zamasu and Goku Black aren't Rivals either, and yet their fusion could go toe to toe with Vegito in the anime. so maybe the so called rivalry boost preached throughout this forum and many others is really really nothing but old stuff that people clung onto.

or it's another retcon. which isn't out of the possibility with the route DBS takes in terms of pulling stuff out the ass or changing up stuff. My viewpoint, it'd be pretty pretty strong. maybe as strong as vegito depending on how you view vegeta's power compared to golden frieza

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 am

Zillamon51 wrote: Goku and Frieza are not rivals. They are mortal enemies. Frieza has no respect, nothing but seething hatred for Goku.
Not anymore. Freeza's respect for Goku certainly exist, he just doesn't want to show it publically.

However we'll see it soon, when the Tournament of Power gets serious.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Even if they are enemies, the potara earings will combine them both in an instant, no matter the circumstances. Anyways, if we're talking about the BoG/Ro'F' movies along withh Super's manga, then a fused Goku and Frieza should be around SSJB Vegetto level or even stronger, depending if Freeza trained more and mastered his Golden Form not just mentally, but also physically.