"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:02 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:Shiiit, the 17 hyper exalted fanboy, the Piccolo one, now the Tienguy

I'm done

Julian, please don't hate me, but be realistic, Tien did absolutely NOTHING aside from that Cell arc's cool 3 minutes, and maybe a minute in the Buu saga anime

He's like a ghost for now, he saved Roshi but he's still a non character

Regarding 106 preview, I point my money on the bug fighter, it's him for sure
Tien can use his third eye to see and to sense, he'll find him
Though a stealth bug sniping random fighters is awesome to me, can't wait
So he didnt do anything in ROF? It seems people are confused with what I'm saying. Is Tenshinhan super important no. I'm not judging him compared to Goku,Gohan 17, 18 ect. I'm judging him based in gis peers. Which is Krillin and Roshi. Piccolo has just barely got his feet wet yet I dont see people calling him a ghost of irrelevant.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This is gonna be another Super ending at #72 thing isn't it? Was hoping no one was gonna notice that...
What are you mean? What's with #72?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Shounen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This is gonna be another Super ending at #72 thing isn't it? Was hoping no one was gonna notice that...
A large slew of Blu-ray listings like this happened and ended on #72 and so some people thought the series would be ending then.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Everyone's expecting his third eye to come into play but I'm expecting him to just kikofuck the floor up.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:15 pm

I think it's just the end of the arc, not the end of the show. Doing a service by wrapping up the arc on one set of discs so the next set of discs can start with the first episode of the next arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shounen wrote:
A large slew of Blu-ray listings like this happened and ended on #72 and so some people thought the series would be ending then.
Eh, that's a little different than this, that box still had 12 episodes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:19 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shounen wrote: What are you mean? What's with #72?
Eh, that's a little different than this, that box still had 12 episodes.
That is not the point I was making, the point is people over-analysed/reacted based on the fact we had a slew of listings and now the same looks to be happening with this 13th episode. That proved to be false as likely this would be.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:20 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:Shiiit, the 17 hyper exalted fanboy, the Piccolo one, now the Tienguy
To be fair, I haven't seen posts from the two most notorious 17 fans in quite some time now.
Wonder where they went :?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Well if they do cross over, do you think they will set One Piece in one of the other universes?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Piccolo got a major 1 on 1 fight and is getting more fights soon in that summary, and then he's bound to fight the two U6 Nameks after that.

Tenshinhan just has that one assist with Roshi which lasted less than 10 seconds on screen. So yeah, Tenshinhan is so far the U7 member to do the least (not counting Freeza so far, but we know they're saving him for the end), so yeah Tien definitely needs to get some kind of role or big fight before he goes down.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shounen wrote:
Yeah. because some people like to write stupidity, but that 13 episodes is exceptional. We'll just wait for more info.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:28 pm

precita wrote:Piccolo got a major 1 on 1 fight and is getting more fights soon in that summary, and then he's bound to fight the two U6 Nameks after that.

Tenshinhan just has that one assist with Roshi which lasted less than 10 seconds on screen. So yeah, Tenshinhan is so far the U7 member to do the least (not counting Freeza so far, but we know they're saving him for the end), so yeah Tien definitely needs to get some kind of role or big fight before he goes down.
Piccolo's fight was basically a little warm up for him just like Frieza.

Tien is obviously going to get his fights eventually along with helping out Gohan, Piccolo and Vegeta next episode.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:31 pm

This is the first time I've heard of the ep 72 stuff, what I do remember is the ep 100, a few people were sure of it because (a certain site) stamped Super at 100 eps and later changed it to (?)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Shounen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shounen wrote: What are you mean? What's with #72?
Yeah. because some people like to write stupidity, but that 13 episodes is exceptional. We'll just wait for more info.
It really isn't, Happinet released one episode less for Digimon Appli after BD Box 1 for BD Box 2 and 3. Likely they are just increasing the episode count by one for Super nothing more.
SansrivaaL wrote:This is the first time I've heard of the ep 72 stuff, what I do remember is the ep 100, a few people were sure of it because (a certain site) stamped Super at 100 eps and later changed it to (?)
viewtopic.php?t=35438

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Doubt it means it's coming to a close. I think they left the 4 strongest universes "unexplored" specifically for future use.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Michsi wrote:Doubt it means it's coming to a close. I think they left the 4 strongest universes "unexplored" specifically for future use.
If Super does end on 133 it'll just be followed up by a new DB series the very next week.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Michsi wrote:Doubt it means it's coming to a close. I think they left the 4 strongest universes "unexplored" specifically for future use.
If Super does end on 133 it'll just be followed up by a new DB series the very next week.
Dragon Ball GT Super, or maybe Dr Slump Super
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:42 pm

JulianStyles wrote:

I'm done

Julian, please don't hate me, but be realistic, Tien did absolutely NOTHING aside from that Cell arc's cool 3 minutes, and maybe a minute in the Buu saga anime

He's like a ghost for now, he saved Roshi but he's still a non character

Regarding 106 preview, I point my money on the bug fighter, it's him for sure
Tien can use his third eye to see and to sense, he'll find him
Though a stealth bug sniping random fighters is awesome to me, can't wait
So he didnt do anything in ROF? It seems people are confused with what I'm saying. Is Tenshinhan super important no. I'm not judging him compared to Goku,Gohan 17, 18 ect. I'm judging him based in gis peers. Which is Krillin and Roshi. Piccolo has just barely got his feet wet yet I dont see people calling him a ghost of irrelevant.
Nothing relevant or good imo, apart from saving Roshi
His treatment in the school episode has been a disaster, much worse than everyone could have imagined, and that was HIS episode

We can only wait, but honestly I'm not optimistic about him, they'll give him another tribeam scene only to eliminate him shortly after

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It really isn't, Happinet released one episode less for Digimon Appli after BD Box 1 for BD Box 2 and 3. Likely they are just increasing the episode count by one for Super nothing more.
It's exceptional for DBS releases. There is nothing to discuss at the moment - we'll just wait for more info, if any.
Michsi wrote:I think they left the 4 strongest universes "unexplored" specifically for future use.
That's material for new series: "Drgon Ball Super: Grand Touring" :lol:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:42 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Basically what I feel as well, I think they would change the title when they go for beyond EoZ.