"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mfwlegend3
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:44 am

Chuquita wrote:I'd be sad to see Super end with this tournament, but if that's how it's gotta be...
I figured this would be the last arc, if that's the case. I can't think of anything of a greater scale that could surpass the fate of all universes (aside from the ones that are exempt of course) being at risk of erasure.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd be sad to see Super end with this tournament, but if that's how it's gotta be...
I figured this would be the last arc, if that's the case. I can't think of anything of a greater scale that could surpass the fate of all universes (aside from the ones that are exempt of course) being at risk of erasure.
I can see that. Much like the Buu arc in the anime it's a longer episode count arc with universal stakes.

Still, I wish we could've seen Planet Salad, and I wish they had executed this tournament better than they have so far.

I'm still not convinced this is the final arc, but I could see how it could be.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 am

Toei Europe put 100 episode placeholder on DBS Eur website back in July 2015... Super gonna end at 100 episodes!!

A slew of Blu-ray listings go up to episode #72...Super gonna end then.

BD Box 11 has an extra episode... Super is gonna end in March 2018 with #133...!

This fanbase just never learns does it? :roll: This is gonna loom over until March isn't it?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am

A blu ray set having 1 more episode does not mean the series is ending. This is just ridiculous evidence.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 am

RedHeat wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Again, Dragon Ball is making an assload of money right now, IF Super ends on 133 it's just going to be followed up by a sequel immediately.
I wouldn't say immediately , a new series would air again around this time next year. They'll have time to prep unlike what happened in the beginning of Super.
If a Sequel series is starting in April it's probably been in the works for a bit, at worse it'd just but the same production as Super, but with a new name, so we'd just see the usual continued improvements as each arc comes. If it were treated as a separate production, even if it only recently started that'd still mean 7-8 months from start to airing of the first episode, which wouldn't be half bad, especially since Toriyama probably finished the outline for the next arc awhile ago and may have even finished the outline for the arc that follows.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Toei Europe put 100 episode placeholder on DBS Eur website back in July 2015... Super gonna end at 100 episodes!!

BD Box 11 has an extra episode... Super is gonna end in March 2018 with #133...!

This fanbase just never learns does it? :roll: This is gonna loom over until March isn't it?
namekiansaiyan wrote:A blu ray set having 1 more episode does not mean the series is ending. This is just ridiculous evidence.
People are just speculating, there's no harm in that.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Toei Europe put 100 episode placeholder on DBS Eur website back in July 2015... Super gonna end at 100 episodes!!

Yeah, probably. But it makes the most sense when dealing with End of Z.

Don't quote me on this yet again, but I always thought Super's main purpose (besides to sell merch) was to fill the in the 10-year gap. Going beyond that would be a bit redundant for it. And what better way to cash in on new hype than to create a brand new series that [spoiler]finally replaces GT[/spoiler]
Feels over Reals.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 am

This happens everytime, why is everyone saying it could end? Because the extra episode? This would have been announced as the final arc to draw more attention to it. These dates that come out and are planned or scheduled for a year or so always are placeholders. Kingdom hearts 3 coming out in 2015 december 31st and still isn't out yet. These kinds of things are placeholders and the release date may not even be right. I seen the same thing happen when everyone was freaked out with episode 72. No way they are going to kill their cashcow. Those 4 universes were left to explore wheter or not Goku is the mc. For all we know there could be more upcoming specials included in it.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:59 am

Pretty much yeah.

Then the next "Super's ending guys!1!!" narrative will come after this one. :roll:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Xeztin wrote: This happens everytime, why is everyone saying it could end? Because the extra episode? This would have been announced as the final arc to draw more attention to it. These dates that come out and are planned or scheduled for a year or so always are placeholders. Kingdom hearts 3 coming out in 2015 december 31st and still isn't out yet. These kinds of things are placeholders and the release date may not even be right. I seen the same thing happen when everyone was freaked out with episode 72. No way they are going to kill their cashcow. Those 4 universes were left to explore wheter or not Goku is the mc. For all we know there could be more upcoming specials included in it.
I keep seeing people say they wouldn't end it, but why are you guys ignoring that they could just follow it up with sequel series the very next week? If Super ends it could be nothing more than a name change and maybe a boost to the visual quality.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 pm

I don't think it's going to end after this arc, but I see no harm in speculation about it. Speculation is part of the purpose of a forum after all.

Worst case scenario for me is they replace it with a DBHeroes series and I stop watching.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If Super ends it could be nothing more than a name change
If this turns out to be true, I hope the name is better than "Dragon Ball Super." I've always hated it. I even preferred "Dragon Ball Kai" over it.

I'm all for "Dragon Ball Forever," or something of the like though.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:I'm all for "Dragon Ball Forever," or something of the like though.
To be followed by Dragon Ball & Robin? :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm

I apologize for displaying some responsibility by not committing to unfounded facts.

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's going to end after this arc, but I see no harm in speculation about it. Speculation is part of the purpose of a forum after all.

Worst case scenario for me is they replace it with a DBHeroes series and I stop watching.
If the speculation is reasonable but this isn't it is fans going 0-100 again, a Blu-ray listing having 13 episodes instead of 12 from a distributor known to change episode counts on releases means absolutely nothing.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Xeztin wrote: This happens everytime, why is everyone saying it could end? Because the extra episode? This would have been announced as the final arc to draw more attention to it. These dates that come out and are planned or scheduled for a year or so always are placeholders. Kingdom hearts 3 coming out in 2015 december 31st and still isn't out yet. These kinds of things are placeholders and the release date may not even be right. I seen the same thing happen when everyone was freaked out with episode 72. No way they are going to kill their cashcow. Those 4 universes were left to explore wheter or not Goku is the mc. For all we know there could be more upcoming specials included in it.
I keep seeing people say they wouldn't end it, but why are you guys ignoring that they could just follow it up with sequel series the very same week? If Super ends it could be nothing more than a name change and maybe a boost to the visual quality.
It'll contine in anime in some shape or form. Though amazon is where this schedule came from and they always put placeholders on things. 133 is probably a special checking in on all surviving universes with a slice of life to this grand scale of an arc. Box 11 is just where amazon has currently stopped, they aren't going to announce a schedule from episode 1 to end. If that was the case we'd know all of the boxes from start to finish when Super started. They do so many at a time usually arc by arc because I doubt they plan a sequel arc until the current one is over. They might have an idea on a napkin by Toriyama somewhere lying around but with Supers production scheduled I seriously doubt they have any progress or storyboards lined up outside the end of this arc. Toyotaro is under belief that its no where near ending but we are about to go into EoZ territory, etc. while its possible that Super is the end of Goku's story and Toriyama is stepping down, another series without him will take its place. There was too much hype around the Dragon Ball room/ hiring new artists and too much money made for them to just put it down with no more material. Toriyama has seemed to be fully willing to stop and let someone else take over the story so he won't have to do anything, as a matter of fact... He has encouraged it.

On second thought, has anyone thought of that extra episode being the redo/reinactment of the EoZ?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:I'm all for "Dragon Ball Forever," or something of the like though.
Good one. :thumbup:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:I'm actually hoping for something relating to Trunks and Goten.
I'm not as I don't want they to cut the action of the ToP to show Goten and Trunks adventures in a island, which was common in Z, but kinda annoying.
bleachguy wrote:I am going to a custum party next week,do you think I can do the Gohan hairstyle with a regular clipper or I will need a Professional clipper like this one:
[spoiler]Image
source:http://hairstylehub.com/10-best-profess ... -clippers/[/spoiler]

Obviously, I will need a ton of gel too LOL
Gohan hairstyle is quite easy too do, you don't need much gel just a fix spray will be fine.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Here are the lyrics of the full OP if someone can translate them:

[spoiler]歌詞(耳頼りなので間違いがあるかもしれません)

興奮すっぞ 宇宙へGO!
最先端の夢中を どう!
この手に掴むよ
素っ頓狂に笑ってたい!
ちんぷんかんは慣れっこだい!
I can't get no satisfaction

退屈は 石になる
重くて落ちちゃう 前に
ワクワクの 羽広げ
次の世界へ 行こう

可能性のドアは ロックされたまま
やれやれ 今度も 壁をぶち破る
今だ限界×突破 叫べへのへのかっぱ
無敵の オイラが そこで待っている
ドラゴンボールスーパー
全王様もおったまげ〜!

想像すっぞ 愉快な今日!
???(聴き取れませんでした)
夢見りゃ叶うよ
大混戦だ かかってこい!
バッタンキューと 捻ってポイ!
I can't get boy satisfaction

信じれば 手の中に
渦巻く かめはめの波
悲しみを 砕く時
君も 戦士だろ

意外性を秘めた 奴が生き残る
マジかよ 100倍 ヤバいサバイバル
行くぞ限界×突破 パワー全開100%
秒速 進化の バトルが見せ場さ
ドラゴンボールスーパー
破壊神だけへちゃむくれ〜!

可能性のドアは ロックされたまま
やれやれ 今度も 壁をぶち破る
今だ限界×突破 叫べへのへのかっぱ
無敵の オイラが そこで待っている
半端じゃないスーパー
超えてやるぜスーパー
ドラゴンボールスーパー
全王様もおったまげ〜![/spoiler]
Feels over Reals.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Aww man, not "boy satisfaction".
Boy satisfaction? :?:

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think it's going to end after this arc, but I see no harm in speculation about it. Speculation is part of the purpose of a forum after all.

If the speculation is reasonable but this isn't it is fans going 0-100 again, a Blu-ray listing having 13 episodes instead of 12 from a distributor known to change episode counts on releases means absolutely nothing.
I guess the worst part would be people running with the unsubstantiated rumor to try and get themselves YouTube clicks.

My only kinda evidence is no more than similes:

This arc has its own dedicated opening, like the Buu arc.

This arc is a lot longer than the last three major arcs, like the Buu arc.

I still don't think this is the final arc though. They'd have said something.

Unless Toriyama wants the end to be a last minute surprise, like the Buu arc.

I agree that odds are low for it to be the end though.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:28 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Good one. :thumbup:
Thanks! :thumbup:

For the dvd boxes, isn't it possible that whatever arc it covers has an odd episode count so they added one extra to squeeze it in there? One extra episode is no big deal. I wish Funi would do that so we could get the arcs in a single set instead of one episode short. :problem:

I really don't see the ToP arc running all the way to episode 133 anyway. I'll be surprised if it goes to 120.