"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Hands down one of the best episodes of the arc so far. I never would have thought I'd love a Roshi Dedicated Episode!

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Yedis wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Anyway, it's a shame Roshi didn't die. His death would've shook the tournament and U7 team.
I hope he dies in the manga.

PS: Nothing against Roshi of course, but we need tension.
Come on, man. You know if they killed off Roshi, people would be crying that was the only reason they brought him on the team.

I can easily see people getting mad about that.
Plus there would be people calling it fake tension because we know Roshi would be brought back.
Honestly, this and if anything a lot of tension gets ruined because people just bring up "Well why not just use the Super DBs / New Namek balls / when they get home balls. Even before Super I remember the balls being brought up for every situation and people asking "well why didn't they just..." and it really made me re-think about the franchise as a whole.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Wasn't Ganos supposed to be the team captain for Universe 4?

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Yedis wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Anyway, it's a shame Roshi didn't die. His death would've shook the tournament and U7 team.
I hope he dies in the manga.

PS: Nothing against Roshi of course, but we need tension.
Come on, man. You know if they killed off Roshi, people would be crying that was the only reason they brought him on the team.

I can easily see people getting mad about that.
Plus there would be people calling it fake tension because we know Roshi would be brought back.
Of course.

Honestly, I think a lot of people just hate the episode because it was focused on Roshi. So many were expecting this to suck and be the worst episode ever just on that alone.

First, it was complaining about too much Goku and Vegeta, now its too much U7. I don't understand. Poeple were upset Krillin was out so quickly even though he had a good showing now when Roshi has one and moves on, its a problem.

Frankly, I think this tournament should have just been Goku and Vegeta representing universe 7, no one else. People would complain regardless , at least they would be selling better merch for this thing.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Wasn't Ganos supposed to be the team captain for Universe 4?
No, he was their spy.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:45 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Wasn't Ganos supposed to be the team captain for Universe 4?
He certainly seemed like it, what with him being front and center of his team all the time. But even if he is I think we should know by now that the Team captains aren't necessarily the strongest. Hell, even U7's team captain isn't their strongest.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:48 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:For people saying Roshie should have been disquolified for using the jar, the rules was "No Weapons".

The Jar and his sun glasses are not weapons or even armour by any definition so they don't break the rules. We call that a loop hole not bad wrighting. The same goes for all the robots and cyborgs, many of their abilites are not natural and should be classed as weapons but they are a built in part of their body and likewise allowed due to another loop hole.
I'm pretty sure the rule was things that aren't part of their bodies. Technically the sunglasses could be considered armor but I could see that sliding like clothing so we aren't too worried over android 18s use. I'm pretty sure it was objects not weapons because they couldn't use sensui beans either.
Sorry but no.

The Grand Priest makes it very clear, no weapons. Objects are never stated beyond healing items. There is also no "no armour" rule.

So the sun glasses and the jar are both allowed due to a loop hole in the rules.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I'd say that counts as a weapon, but it really doesn't matter because Zeno literally says it looks cool, therefore it's allowed....so that's really all there is to it. Zeno says it's ok, so it's ok.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 pm

I couldn't catch this episode live because of a "Hurricane" knocking out my internet for the day, but I got to say, for an episode I was expecting nothing from, I was pleasantly surprised. Visually it may not have been anything to write home about, I liked the episode.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I'd say that counts as a weapon, but it really doesn't matter because Zeno literally says it looks cool, therefore it's allowed....so that's really all there is to it. Zeno says it's ok, so it's ok.
Thats really the crucks of it all.

What is or is not a weapon is compeletly up the those who make the rules of the tournamant. If they say jars and shoes are not weapons, then they are not.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

We're halfway there and only 14 minutes have passed in-universe! Whoo!

Only 40 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

This thread has been updated to reflect today's episode

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Looks like 106 will be a massive stinker after they pulled all the strings in 104 and now 105.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Good episode. Muten Roshi-sensei came back. I'm tired of that DBS turned to Goku & Vegeta only story. In this episode someone else was shining. And shining one was from original DB cast.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Looks like 106 will be a massive stinker after they pulled all the strings in 104 and now 105.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That top one is an inbetween frame an other than those two bits in the NEP everything else looked fine totally fine.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Still no episode thread. I just wanted to say what an awesome episode, two excellently written episodes in a row.

I don't know if it was in Mr.Toriyama's script or if it's from the anime writers, the explanation for his return to action was beautiful and I greatly appreciate it was given. :clap: :clap:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Looks like 106 will be a massive stinker after they pulled all the strings in 104 and now 105.

Piccolo: Gohan I feel strange. Gohan: Yeah me to.
Vegeta-Sama wrote:Image
Vegeta: You cannot attack, we haven't finished our fourt yet!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:08 pm

What did goku do at the end of roshi scene. It looked like a barrier then his blue energy went into roshi. Did he use God ki to heal Roshi?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:22 pm

As someone who did not care much about Roshi i got to say this was the best Top episode for me and a very good episode overall.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:32 pm

That animation is impossibly ugly.

I don't understand. The arena is fairly simple to draw, they have a black void as the background, why does it look this bad?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:35 pm

MagmonKai wrote:What did goku do at the end of roshi scene. It looked like a barrier then his blue energy went into roshi. Did he use God ki to heal Roshi?
It's the same technique they used to revive Goku in the episodes he fought Hit again. between the Zamasu arc and the TOP arc.