What will happen with Frieza after the ToP?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

What will happen with Frieza after the ToP?

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 am

We all know at this point that Goku will have some kind of transformation/power boost (this perfect black-haired God-Ki enhanced form) which will (probably) give him enough power to rival Jiren - a guy who pretty much at the time of writing can wipe the floor of the arena with anyone he chooses. Once Goku has his final match with Jiren and the Tournament ends, Goku has to honor his promise and bring his (once upon a time) nemesis back to life.

Great. But then what? Frieza is resurrected and on Earth, with his arch-enemy more powerful than ever. Quite possibly untouchable at this point. So what will Toei do with him?

Thoughts?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What will happen with Frieza after the ToP?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:53 am

What Toriyama does with him remains to be seen, I will have to assume he stays in capsule corporation like Vegeta did and becomes the piccolo for bulla..
He has nowhere else to go, his army is completely wiped out..
What better place for a homeless jobless suicidal murderer to crash if not capsule corporation..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 am

Ki Breaker wrote:What Toriyama does with him remains to be seen, I will have to assume he stays in capsule corporation like Vegeta did and becomes the piccolo for bulla..
What better place for a homeless jobless suicidal murderer to crash if not capsule corporation..
Frieza and Vegeta living together - MASS HYSTERIA!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:What Toriyama does with him remains to be seen, I will have to assume he stays in capsule corporation like Vegeta did and becomes the piccolo for bulla..
You know Vegeta saying freeza is good now is foreshadowing..
It has to be..
Freeza is gonna be the purest of heart there is and before we know it, he will be riding the nimbus with bulla on his laps..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
You know Vegeta saying freeza is good now is foreshadowing..
It has to be..
Freeza is gonna be the purest of heart there is and before we know it, he will be riding the nimbus with bulla on his laps..
Dragon Ball Super would stand the test of time if that happened. I so fucking want either Toriyama, Toei or Toyotaro to do this. I would die laughing. :lol: :clap:

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm

It would be a hilarious and poetic piece of karma if Frieza would mentor Bulla. He has a thing for the Vegeta lineage. First 'training' Vegeta into becoming his pet hound, now 'training' Bulla (Vegeta's daughter) into becoming the noble and kind Queen of Earth.

Also, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes for Frieza's redemption. Basically in turns of cruel overlord we have Piccolo < Vegeta < Frieza. Seriously, if you think about it, those three did exactly the same things, just that the next was worst than the last.

Vegeta killed his subordinates for failing him - Frieza does the same thing, only with more cruelty.
Vegeta was willing to blow up the planet because he lost - Frieza actually did it.
Piccolo entered the gang in order to fight a bigger threat - Vegeta did the same thing - Frieza did the same thing.
Piccolo and Vegeta killed the heroes and now they're best buds - this is the only thing that will be cringeworthy with Frieza ... he killed both of Goku's and Vegeta's dads and annihilated their species while laughting like an asshole. The destruction of planet Vegeta is the most bitter pill to swallow ... well, mostly for Vegeta. The others I'm not sure they give a damn, taking into account that the native Saiyans were jerks.

The pattern is there though.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Still earth DBs can't bring him back again...
Either Goku forgot it or he fooled him

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:04 pm

He is a future God of Destruction!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:46 pm

This franchise has been jumping the shark since the Buu saga. Frieza becoming good would be jumping....idk....the moon or something. Dear god, no. :sick:

Frieza should try to betray everyone at the very end somehow, possibly trying to use the Super Dragon Balls for himself or attempting to kill Zeno. This should either work, leading to a new arc, or fail, leading to his final destruction at the hands of the Grand Priest or Zeno. We've already had scenes with him plotting alongside Frost and contemplating overthrowing Zeno. He's there with his own agenda, and it should remain that way.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:He is a future God of Destruction!
I'd actually like that - either he matures to use this power or he abuses it maliciously ... I'm game.

At this point, I'd love it if they do whatever with him, as long as they DO something with him and not leave him forgotten.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:12 pm

I may be in the minority here, but I hope that after this arc is over Freeza is dead and stays dead. Having him around as a sort of wild card for a temporary cameo is great, but I don't want him to be humanized and redeemed and then invariably turned into comedy.

Freeza is the purest variety of evil in DB. He is not meant to become some sort of antihero a la Vegeta, unless you want to fundamentally change the character and undermine its legacy.

Let him die.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I hope that after this arc is over Freeza is dead and stays dead. Having him around as a sort of wild card for a temporary cameo is great, but I don't want him to be humanized and redeemed and then invariably turned into comedy.

Freeza is the purest variety of evil in DB. He is not meant to become some sort of antihero a la Vegeta, unless you want to fundamentally change the character and undermine its legacy.

Let him die.
Nah. There are ways to keep Frieza around and not make him stay evil
How i predict the tournament will end:

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Gotta laugh at all the people wanting or predicting Freeza will turn good. Every villain from db to this point has an angle to turn good. All of them except Freeza. That's what makes him great.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 pm

He won't return to the cocoon that's for sure. Why do I think so?

Freeza already served his purpose in hell. He used it mentally as a training measure while all of the past villains repented. True Golden Freeza is the result of that.

What remains for him next? Well... Kuriza has to be born someday. :lol:

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm

He'll probably just stick around and be used for gags.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 pm

julianix wrote:Gotta laugh at all the people wanting or predicting Freeza will turn good. Every villain from db to this point has an angle to turn good. All of them except Freeza. That's what makes him great.
What about Cell?

Anyways, I think all villains became heroes in the next arc with a couple of exceptions (Tao Pai Pai). But Frieza, Cell and Boo were never meant to stick around in the series, that's why they were killed off and forgotten. But now that Toriyama seems interested in adding Frieza to the main cast, his chances at redemption are on the table.

But if he's redeemed it *will* be a neat trick, that's for sure.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:19 pm

He'll go back to hell. Goku made a promise but nobody else in U7 did....

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:19 am

I don't think he'll be redeemed. But he won't be doing hugely evil things. Unless he hides it. My reasoning is it has been shown he has always been basically the lapdog of beerus.. He hasn't always had a choice. I'm not saying he was not pure evil but this could give miner reasons t beleive it was a little less sever and maybe it's the removal of beerus as a force over him and his family. Whatever the reason for that was to start. We haven't been told as far as I can tell why beerus was using him to control the sayains. Maybe something interesting will still come from that. Either way there is a natural power struggle not considering any other factors. Beerus being a powerful force over him as has been hinted at. Now that this new goku vegeta/ Beerus whis dynamic is unfolding in front of him he may simply change how he acts. At it's worst he may fear vegeta or goku could realistically become the next gods of destruction or similar and it's in his best interests to hedge his bets for the long run. Even if he doesn't know they could become gods of destructions the interaction and probably obvious connection now between the other characters probably is making Freeza thinking one way or another to stay on good behaviour to a great extent. It would fit in any way you look at it with what little insight they have given into his past.

On top of this who is to say he doesn't already know about beerus dream and the entire frieza Saiyan things wasn't started by beerus because of the dream. If frieza never had any bad will outside of beerus saying, "do this or I'll kill you," and his natural megalomania. What is to stop him from saying what the hell and just deciding not to kill stuff. It's not like the same power dynamics exist in the universe for him to reconquer everything and we don't know why that happened to start. It could have all been related to beerus again or something odd.

Then again maybe his time in hell really doesn't bother him anymore and that cute little flying girl is his new GF... Maybe he wants to go back. Maybe he likes spending eternity tied up while little creature do things to him. It would fit his character. it's hard to tell with frieza.

In the end there is no need for any other argument but beerus going up to someone and saying, "Don't tell anyone or I'll kill you!!" It explains everything about the dragon ball universe.

Edit: It may be implied by what I said but I didn't think this out specifically. Frieza may see this whole thing as a situation to get rid of beerus over him like vegeta would see an opportunity to get rid of frieza over him.. they pretty much are literal shadows of each other. Both the son of a ruler with a giant monster over them who will kill them if they don't do as they say. Their family lives are literally copies of each other. so it's logical to think this is foreshadowing by the writers and frieza will do just like vegeta.

So, if we get a vegeta frieza fusion could we end up seeing odd siblings for bula?! >< This could be the beginning of dragon ball online!! 8p Who would be dominate. I would say frieza is specifically likely not to be dominate but then he did dominate vegeta. it's an odd tossup... so Fvregzer? Veger? Fregeta or Feta? He could be cheese! Feta it is. All Vegeta frieza combos are now on to be refered to as Feta! And if the ptera earings are used maybe Veza? Because no matter what planet he visits he will clearly be asked for his Vesa... Halfway because everything will think he looks suspiciously like that guy who always tried to kill their planets... In this case two guys who always wanted to kill their planets. Jaco will magically appear and look at him suspiciously every time Veza is formed with the earings. It will be the ironic end result of the most powerful combo between two rulers/princes who could previously trample all over anyones planet regardless of local laws.

Only pic I could find. But wouldn't that fusion be a lot stronger than goku and vegeta given their history and the past absolute hatred for each other. It's a much worse rivalry than goku and vegeta. Freeza was a constant threat to vegetas life for his entire life. He is the entire backstory of vegeta as a villian and otherwise... I would think the universe would explode on fusion with ptera earrings.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:50 am

I say lobotomise him then surgically remove his limbs so he can't resist and then hand him over to the Galactic Patrol to face justice for his crimes. Goku always propagated this need to spare enemies' lives. Well that still wouldn't take away the danger they pose to others; with this recommendation they could be contained and punished for what they did.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Frieza will recognize that it won't be smart to challenge Goku, after witnessing his new form. He'll probably make threats to Goku and Company, while flying off to space, and being that Goku knows he's stronger, he'll probably smirk at Frieza as he leaves earth.

As far as how Frieza gets brought back, I think when Goku wins the tournament that he'll word his wish in a way that not only brings back the universes, but revives Frieza as well. Frieza will probably be sitting in the stands as he watches his halo disappear.