"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:16 am

I think it's the same case anime and manga, Goku knows Zeno is capable of destroying universes, he saw it and Whis reminds him again now, he doesn't need to acknowledge it for us to know he knows.

But ignores the recommendations, he expects to have a tournament like the one in the Champa arc with all universes, because that is what Zeno proposed. Well, he was wrong, or depends on how you look at it, because in the anime this gave a chance to survive to one universe, I don't know if it will be the case in the manga.

Also, Beerus directly threatened the Earth once and he still could destroy it. Zeno has not made any threat for now.
Heno heno kappa!

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 am

So Gohan will be wearing the Demon Clothes instead of the Turtle Hermit Gi, I wonder what other differences will occur.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Looks like "Goku gets a scratch from bullets" and "Goku thinks Bulma ate too much when he sees her pregnant" came from Toriyama. Both were criticized in the anime, especially the former. I wonder how those people feel now...
Why you think people should feel any different? Just because it came from Toriyama? It's not as people should like everything he do, I still think these are lame jokes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Zeru14 wrote:So Gohan will be wearing the Demon Clothes instead of the Turtle Hermit Gi, I wonder what other differences will occur.
Probably Krillin's elimination.
I think that all the "let his guard down against Frost" stuff was made by Toei. But I reckon he'll still fight Majora and he'll probably be the first to be eliminated, even in the manga.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Looks like "Goku gets a scratch from bullets" and "Goku thinks Bulma ate too much when he sees her pregnant" came from Toriyama. Both were criticized in the anime, especially the former. I wonder how those people feel now...
Why you think people should feel any different? Just because it came from Toriyama? It's not as people should like everything he do, I still think these are lame jokes.
Because people mainly said it was Toei being dumb and not understanding Goku's character. That point doesn't hold if Toriyama was the one to write it.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Finally read the chapter. Looks like Vegeta is going to master the reacting without thinking skill.
However, Goku asked Whis to train him on some other secret.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Just how much stronger is Beers compared to Goku and Vegeta? The difference between them comes off as one that's so significant that it's impossible for them to catch up no matter what type of training they do.

"God of Destruction" seems like such a static level that's so far above Super Saiyan Blue and everyone except the Angels. Vegeta is powerful enough to be a candidate for God of Destruction in another universe, but Beers being a God of Destruction alone is the reason why Vegeta's so outmatched against him.
This is what really agitates me with dragon ball fan.

You get mad at the fact that Beerus is still very much far above them despite Beerus being around for centuries? Even thousands/millions of years? It's ridiculous to think you're getting pissy that two 50 year olds haven't caught up to someone as old as Beerus.

You have somehow convinced yourself that Goku and Vegeta after a year or two of training shouldn't be that far behind. Ridiculous.

It's inevitable that by the end of the Dragon Ball series Goku and Vegeta will most likely get close to him, but right now there's a giant gap. Get over it
How i predict the tournament will end:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm

I asked a question and assessed what's been shown in the story. What the hell are you going on about?

No one's mad about anything. Judging by your post, you're the "dragon ball fan" with the issues. Calm your ass down.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I asked a question and assessed what's been shown in the story. What the hell are you going on about?

No one's mad about anything. Judging by your post, you're the "dragon ball fan" with the issues. Calm your ass down.
Should I feel bad that read both your and TheOne's post and laughed out loud? Hahaha, the surrealness of the exchange made it seem like a comedy shtick. :)

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Toyo drew the v jump cover as confirm when he posted these,apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]His art of kale look fine,looks better than her concept art in the website but for caulifla,I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga
Mostly active on discord.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:54 pm

The gr wrote:Toyo drew the v jump cover as confirm when he posted these,apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]His art of kale look fine,looks better than her concept art in the website but for caulifla,I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga
Kale looks like she's on something.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:59 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kale looks like she's on something.
She knows that she is the LSSJ
Last edited by The gr on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LazyAles22

Post by LazyAles22 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm

The gr wrote:Toyo drew the v jump cover as confirm when he posted these,apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]His art of kale look fine,looks better than her concept art in the website but for caulifla,I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga
Is it just me or are Caulifla's arms and hands kinda weird? I don't know. it feels like they're too small, not proportioned to her body.
If a male and a female fuse togheter , would the result be an hermaphrodite?? :think: :think:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:29 pm

LazyAles22 wrote: Is it just me or are Caulifla's arms and hands kinda weird? I don't know. it feels like they're too small, not proportioned to her body.
Didn't noticed that until now,her fingers look weird

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:17 pm

The gr wrote:Toyo drew the V-Jump cover as confirm when he posted these, apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally. His art of Kale look fine, looks better than her concept art in the website but for Caulifla, I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
I don't know, though I despise their initial designs, I think both look fine too me in these drawings.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Noah wrote:
The gr wrote:Toyo drew the V-Jump cover as confirm when he posted these, apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally. His art of Kale look fine, looks better than her concept art in the website but for Caulifla, I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
I don't know, though I despise their initial designs, I think both look fine too me in these drawings.
I actually like both of these designs better, cauilifa actually looks wicked which is freaking amazing. I hope that's her real personality which would make her even more like Goku in a world where the Saiyans are good. My ideal Caulifa would have Vegetas personality. On the flip side, Kales eyes look a little off but I like what he was gong for. That cover did them no favors. Also like the general poses and facial expressions. Hair is nice too.
Caulifa actually looks a lot like that drawing of her in the "Z" style which I prefer.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Kale looks just as good as the anime, except when whomever drew her in episode 101 then she's greatly inferior.

Caulifla on the other hand, looks like a downgrade. Her having the larger 2 front bangs in the anime help cover her big forehead. There, they stick out too far and are too thin. But that's just an illustration, so I think Toyo will change 'em when he has a schedule to keep.
Feels over Reals.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:08 pm

TheMikado wrote:Caulifa actually looks a lot like that drawing of her in the "Z" style which I prefer.
You mean, that one?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Those drawings aren't to shabby but why does it seem like Caulifa wants to play some dual monsters.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:13 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Those drawings aren't to shabby but why does it seem like Caulifa wants to play some dual monsters.
She kind of reminds me of Bakura when he almost gets killed
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017