"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Jaetinh wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Is it about that tweet in which Furuya says he was having a hard day recording speeches for Yamcha or something? And that's why a lot of people thought Freeza's treachery (for U7) was true and Yamcha would come in his place for the tournament?
Exactly that.
Do you have the link of the tweet?
Yes of course:
https://twitter.com/torushome/status/901994950622973952

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Honestly...only Goku says Jiren "Predicted" the blocks movement. Can we take him as accurate? He's guessing based on what it appeared like to him.
Until Jiren shows us otherwise, we are meant to take Goku at his word. This is the narrative turning to the audience and explaining whats going on, dressed up as a character speculating, a common attribute placed in any story.
How do you determine when its narrative and just character speculation? Both happen in stories a lot. Obviously thats why I say its just a random thought though.
When it is the only dialouge we have in relation to said character. Like in the first Broly movie, we know Broly's motivation because the only time it is touched upon is when Paragus is thinking to himself "Hm, audience, I wonder if Goku being so powerful awakened Broly's saiyan rage!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Until Jiren shows us otherwise, we are meant to take Goku at his word. This is the narrative turning to the audience and explaining whats going on, dressed up as a character speculating, a common attribute placed in any story.
How do you determine when its narrative and just character speculation? Both happen in stories a lot. Obviously thats why I say its just a random thought though.
When it is the only dialouge we have in relation to said character. Like in the first Broly movie, we know Broly's motivation because the only time it is touched upon is when Paragus is thinking to himself "Hm, audience, I wonder if Goku being so powerful awakened Broly's saiyan rage!"
Yet when Vegeta speculates Goku's true reasons for saving him everyone says Vegeta doesn't know what he's talking about besides the obvious literary narrative tools and intentions... :roll:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Jaetinh wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Jaetinh wrote:
Exactly that.
Do you have the link of the tweet?
Yes of course:
https://twitter.com/torushome/status/901994950622973952
It's interesting that Yamcha will have a bigger role than 17 in this game :lol:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
The gr wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
We know that Dr Rota will job of Harmira and Prum, but not confirmed that he will be eliminated(seems similar to Kale when some people thought Jiren eliminated her).
Don't see the point of having him in the ring unless he heals caulifla & kale,having their power boosted because their nature,look like the logical way of caulifla having ss3
Why are you assuming he is a doctor that is good and heals others. Where is SS3 Caulifla coming from.
SSJ3 comes from people desperately wanting Caulifla to attain it for whatever baffling reason.

Because her being gift-wrapped SSJ2 wasn't enough apparently.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

hardcorefakes wrote: SSJ3 comes from people desperately wanting Caulifla to attain it for whatever baffling reason.

Nope, Goku said she could possibly achieve it.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The gr wrote: Don't see the point of having him in the ring unless he heals caulifla & kale,having their power boosted because their nature,look like the logical way of caulifla having ss3
Why are you assuming he is a doctor that is good and heals others. Where is SS3 Caulifla coming from.
SSJ3 comes from people desperately wanting Caulifla to attain it for whatever baffling reason.

Both Cabba and Kale unlocked SSJ due to anger unlike Caulifla, Caulifla should get powerup because she will get angry instead of back tingles..

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:28 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Yet when Vegeta speculates Goku's true reasons for saving him everyone says Vegeta doesn't know what he's talking about besides the obvious literary narrative tools and intentions... :roll:
What was the line? I don't quite remember since a lot of Vegeta's dialouge just blends together.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:44 pm

So apparently the ToP climax will be Goku vs. Jiren, right? Because I hoped for something less predictable (this fight is being hyped since new opening debut), like one of the shadowed figures in U2 to be the real threat in this tournament maybe.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Noah wrote:So apparently the ToP climax will be Goku vs. Jiren, right? Because I hoped for something less predictable (this fight is being hyped since new opening debut), like one of the shadowed figures in U2 to be the real threat in this tournament maybe.
Harmira and Pran are in the next episode

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Noah wrote:So apparently the ToP climax will be Goku vs. Jiren, right? Because I hoped for something less predictable (this fight is being hyped since new opening debut), like one of the shadowed figures in U2 to be the real threat in this tournament maybe.
Nah, RibRianne is the real threat.
Feels over Reals.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:48 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Don't knock Shantsa though.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:59 pm

MainJPW wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote: SSJ3 comes from people desperately wanting Caulifla to attain it for whatever baffling reason.

That's cool. He also said she'd have to master SSJ2 first, which she isn't doing in 48 minutes.

She isn't getting a free SSJ3 upgrade in this tournament. She's going to have to train sometime in her life.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
MainJPW wrote:

That's cool. He also said she'd have to master SSJ2 first, which she isn't doing in 48 minutes.
Goku didn't say she might someday reach SSJ3, he said this fight. So if he considers mastery of SSJ2 a necessary step before SSJ3 then, like it or not, that means he thought she could master it that quickly.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:40 pm

hardcorefakes wrote: She's going to have to train sometime in her life.
Implying that she's never trained before?

Kanassa wrote:

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

RedHeat wrote:
I am Still curious what Harmira and Prum bring to the table, they seem that they will be giving a good fight in episode 106 and I am interested to see where it goes. I also want to see how everyone performs for U2, I have Hope to see Toei treat them well and let them have their time to shine and surprise us with how far many of them will go.

BUT Indeed, Ribrianne will be the Real Deal Threat from U2, she is the equivalent to her Universe as Goku~is to~U7, Jiren~is to~U11 and Hit~is to~U6 and like them I think we have yet to see her full potential shown, but what we have seen so far is Impressive. ;)

Hit in Episode 104 I think was fighting hard but was not yet his full level yet showing either. 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Guys, we appreciate the help, but you can stop reporting that same particular user/message from 5 pages back now. As TheDevilsCorpse said, it's already been taken care of.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Kanassa wrote:
I mean, we have no real reason to believe she's done any significant training in her life. Else that would've been made apparent in her character, but it wasn't. As far we know, she mostly just focused on running her gang.
Simere wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
MainJPW wrote: Nope, Goku said she could possibly achieve it.
Goku didn't say she might someday reach SSJ3, he said this fight. So if he considers mastery of SSJ2 a necessary step before SSJ3 then, like it or not, that means he thought she could master it that quickly.
He said she'd have to master SSJ2 first, which she's nowhere near close to doing, seeing as how she didn't even know how to access the form before Goku showed her. She quite clearly has a long way to go. Even with Goku over-hyping her. And with the beginning of the climax next month, I doubt she gets 3 this arc. But if she does get it, well, that will only drag her character even further below than what it already is.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:02 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I am Still curious what Harmira and Prum bring to the table, they seem that they will be giving a good fight in episode 106 and I am interested to see where it goes. I also want to see how everyone performs for U2, I have Hope to see Toei treat them well and let them have their time to shine and surprise us with how far many of them will go.

BUT Indeed, Ribrianne will be the Real Deal Threat from U2, she is the equivalent to her Universe as Goku~is to~U7, Jiren~is to~U11 and Hit~is to~U6 and like them I think we have yet to see her full potential shown, but what we have seen so far is Impressive. ;)

Hit in Episode 104 I think was fighting hard but was not yet his full level yet showing either. 8)
But in her current form she seems to be equal 17 and was told by Jimizu to retreat, if she is going be a threat next to Jiren, then she needs a powerup imo. She better tap the Power of Love to its full potential, as Helles mentioned that the Kamikaze Fireball girls have the most love power in the Multiverse.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I mean, we have no real reason to believe she's done any significant training in her life. Else that would've been made apparent in her character, but it wasn't. As far we know, she mostly just focused on running her gang.
How do you even make it "apparent" in a character that they train? Why would it need to be? What the heck is "significant" training? Why else would a gang of Saiyans follow her as their leader? Because she is strong. She is obviously interested in power and fighting. They may not have gone on some exposition dump about how many push ups she does, but I don't understand why you would want to actually go with the assumption that she doesn't train. Unless she pulls a Freeza and says "I've never had to train" I think it's a safer assumption that she dabbles a little bit in the practice of punching and kicking.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.