SSJ God form vs SSJ Blue form (Which is better?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: SSJ God form vs SSJ Blue form (Which is better?)

Post by BWri » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:10 pm

With or without aura SSG is superior. It's just much more unique. That SSB aura is awesome though I must admit, just don't like the plastic hair.

SSG
Pros:
-The youthful look is unique
-A reason for why it looks the way it looks
-Awesome Aura
-Special abilities (healing, conserves stamina)
-Potential to expand on the design (was hoping they'd make it look more like fire the stronger he got)

Cons:
-Without aura it looks weird (the way they color it)
-Colors are too bright
-Not completely original looking with base hair

SSB
Pros:
-Badass aura
-Manga version is well explained and has potential for growth
-Can be combined with KK

Cons:
-Lazy design (literally a recolor of a previous form)
-Looks horrible without aura, like a plastic toy
-No special abilities
-The more we learn about it the worse it seems (stamina issues, doesn't seem complete)
-Losing streak in anime/unimpressive showings (got owned by Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, Kale, etc.)
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 pm

BWri wrote:With or without aura SSG is superior. It's just much more unique. That SSB aura is awesome though I must admit, just don't like the plastic hair.

SSG
Pros:
-Awesome Aura
-Potential to expand on the design (was hoping they'd make it look more like fire the stronger he got)

Cons:
-Colors are too bright

SSB
Pros:
-Badass aura
-Can be combined with KK

Cons:
-No special abilities
-The more we learn about it the worse it seems (stamina issues, doesn't seem complete)
-Losing streak in anime/unimpressive showings (got owned by Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, Kale, etc.)
SSJ Blue is more powerful than SSJG, period. Both in anime and manga this is the case. SSJG is only used when Goku wants to preserve stamina. The other issues you mentioned seem to be personal design preferences. As for losing streak thats only because in the Anime, Goku has only used SSJG on two occasions and SSJ blue every other occasion. And he got owned in SSJG form too by Beerus! I would say both forms has had "losing streaks" its just that Goku uses Blue more in the anime.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm

I like both for different reasons, but overall I think SSG is cooler. It just has a stronger identity to it I think.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:59 pm

I've always preferred Super Saiyan God for being the one form appearance that doesn't override Goku's personality.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:I've always preferred Super Saiyan God for being the one form appearance that doesn't override Goku's personality.
What does that mean? Goku's pretty in-character after he mastered Super Saiyan.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:28 pm

God's the only one where Toriyama put some thought into how it looks (I'm counting all the forms since the original) so it wins by default.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:God's the only one where Toriyama put some thought into how it looks (I'm counting all the forms since the original) so it wins by default.
You saying he didn't put some thought into Super Saiyan 3? You just don't accidentally design some fuckhuge hair, you know.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:God's the only one where Toriyama put some thought into how it looks (I'm counting all the forms since the original) so it wins by default.
You saying he didn't put some thought into Super Saiyan 3? You just don't accidentally design some fuckhuge hair, you know.
He might've what with the Saiyan tail almost coming back with it but in the end it really is just big ass haired SS. He doesn't even keep the pupils consistent with it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Exactly. This is corroborated by the fact that in the original sketches SSj3 had short hair, only all the strands were standing and it was jutting backwards. Imagine we got that instead of the finalized SSj3. It would be even harder to distinguish between the 3 original SSj states, lol

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm

I certainly like SSB more.

When it's well designed, yes, it looks amazing.

And I'm referring to:

Hair moving with the aura and without the aura, it seems natural as any form of SSJ (the gif of Baggie_Saiyan and the RoF movie show this).

- Very beautiful aura visually, detailed, moving differently. It is the aura with more details among all (TOEI already drew very badly the aura of the SSB in some EPS).
Passing a sense of calmness and purity, exactly why Toriyama had put that hair color on.

- Light blue hair without aura, a beautiful color.

- Sounds of the aura more accented, with a synchrony and also passing a sensation of calm.

The aura of the SSG in the anime is very bad and does not match with the appearance and the hair, it has no details.
In the EP 104 SSB seemed much better than SSG with and without aura
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

I prefer Super Saipan God. Blue has never really appealed to me, especially in light of how often Goku's been using it lately.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 am

gofishus wrote:
BWri wrote:With or without aura SSG is superior. It's just much more unique. That SSB aura is awesome though I must admit, just don't like the plastic hair.

SSG
Pros:
-Awesome Aura

Cons:
-Colors are too bright

SSB
Pros:
-Badass aura
-Can be combined with KK

Cons:
-No special abilities
SSJ Blue is more powerful than SSJG, period. Both in anime and manga this is the case. SSJG is only used when Goku wants to preserve stamina. The other issues you mentioned seem to be personal design preferences. As for losing streak thats only because in the Anime, Goku has only used SSJG on two occasions and SSJ blue every other occasion. And he got owned in SSJG form too by Beerus! I would say both forms has had "losing streaks" its just that Goku uses Blue more in the anime.
My whole list is composed of personal preferences. I'm basically commenting on the design and abilities, not the raw power. Yeah, SSJG lost to Beerus too, it was on my mind as I was typing.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:59 am

I would give the edge to Super Saiyan God. Part of that might be because we haven't seen it nearly as much and they kind of overused Super Saiyan Blue following the Future Trunks saga.

They both look good to me largely because of the aura that they have that just makes it seem mighty but the red is a bit visually striking. Super Saiyan Rose looked good as well.

They suffer a bit without the aura though.