Anyone like the fact that Freeza isn't working with anyone in U7?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Anyone like the fact that Freeza isn't working with anyone in U7?

Post by precita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:24 am

While Freeza's been off-screen for the last batch of eps, I still like the fact that he isn't shown fighting alongside Goku, Vegeta, or helping Gohan/Piccolo, etc. My biggest fear regarding Freeza in this tournament would be that they would "soften" him and have him fight alongside the heroes.

For literally this entire tournament he's been off on his own. He's never aided anyone from U7 and doesn't seem to care what's going on. While we likely *will* see him fight alongside Goku at some point later on in the tournament, I'm glad it's not a regular thing. Freeza should be cold and ruthless and in this for himself.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: Anyone like the fact that Freeza isn't working with anyone in U7?

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:42 am

I love what Super is doing with Frieza, but if Toriyama didn't plan to make him work with his enemies and his nemesis, what was the point of teaming up with them and going off to the Tournament?

No, I don't like Frieza being encased in his own private bubble as if he's in a different plane of existence while the ToP is going on. It is a huge waste, imo. I really hope we'll see him teaming up with Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Gohan at some point.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 am

He's been great (though conspicuously absent lately) doing what he's doing. I would like to see him go back-to-back with another U7 member at some point.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:59 am

Freeza is a character who works best alone..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 am

It would have been way too unconvincing to show him working together with anyone so soon. If it does happen, it needs to be when there is no other option for him and I assume this will be towards the end of the TOP.
Either that, or he will help someone just to get them to lower their guard around him, Goku probably, to make it easier to stab them in the back later.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 am

I think towards the end he will fight with Goku as team.

A Vegeta/Freeza team would be hilarious as well.

Ala Sanji and Zoro

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 am

I'm not talking about Frieza cozying with anyone in the team, but I *do* expect interaction with the other Z Fighters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 am

I'm still hoping he teams up with Goku at the end to fight Jiren because he would know he couldn't beat him on his own.

He's gotta team up with somebody. If he doesn't then that's no different from what most people would expect, in other words it'd be predictable.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:23 am

He will go solo until the last part of the tournament, when he really needs help, but i can´t see him working along someone other than Goku or Frost, I think he will team along Goku or Frost to take on Jiren and lose

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:30 am

I believe, Frieza is not relevant for this arc as a tournament participant. It was shown that he has some plan, scheme. I think he will have his own subplot in this arc. Maybe it will be connecting to next one.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

How they've handled Freezain the tournament is pretty much what I expected and wanted given how Freeza has made it very much clear he is in it for himself, refuses to take orders from anyone, and if he as the right opportunity, will stab Universe 7 in the back to forward his own agenda.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:08 pm

In spite of his belligerent motivations, Freeza can't afford to have Universe 7 lose because it would result in his personal erasure as well. Should he withhold support from his fellow U7 natives due to a lack of obligation on his part then that's one thing, but if the final minutes of the tournament see only himself and perhaps only one or two others from his team still in the tournament then I suspect he would swallow his animosity and assist for survival's sake.