"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 am

Simere wrote:It wasn't "strongest" warrior, it was "best" warrior; the criteria of "best" having yet to be laid out.
I thought being the strongest would be the best criteria in a tournament literally called ''Tournament of Power'' oh well.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 am

Simere wrote:It wasn't "strongest" warrior, it was "best" warrior; the criteria of "best" having yet to be laid out.
We can guess what it'll be, though, at least. It's probably either the one with the most eliminations (the MVP) who hasn't been erased by the end of the tournament, or the Zen'ou's just go "We liked him the most!" "Yeah, him, him!" about someone and give the wish to that guy.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am

This thread has been updated to reflect today's episode

Only 36 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

For those interested, I have also added a field to the original post reflecting the following;

Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

[spoiler]A Breakdown of the Rules is As Follows:

I've put this segment together as folks seem to be having difficulty determining what is and isn't counted as an elimination for certain characters.

Why does Goku have the elimination when Nink threw himself off the stage :think:

Why does Frieza only have one elimination and not two? :problem:

Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

I'm hoping this tag clarifies those questions for you. As more eliminations take place and more confusion is raised, more rules will be outlined below;

1. Standard Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a standard single elimination. In this video, we see Basil eliminate Lilibeu. Basil gets 1 Elimination Point
2. A Character Uses An Energy Increase To Gain An Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a character gaining an elimination because of the shockwave caused by powering up. For example, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan Blue, breaking the hold Nink has him in and forcing Nink off the stage. Goku gets 1 Elimination Point.
3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
4. Self-Elimination: This video (from 45 seconds in) shows us Roselle eliminating himself following torture and elimination from Frieza. As Roselle makes the decision to run off the battle stage and Frieza does not push or knock or hit or blast him off, Frieza does not gain an Elimination Point because he did not physically knock Roselle off the fighting stage
5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
6. Double Elimination: This video shows us Hermila first eliminating a Tien Shinhan multi-form (25% of Tien Shinhan's being), followed by the tri-clops himself grabbing Hermila and eliminating Hermila, in tandem with Hermila eliminating Tien Shinhan. As both characters eliminated each other almost simultaneously, both characters get 1 Elimination Point.[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:15 am

Whatever wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I seem to recall it's given to the universe which wins..
I could be misremembering, don't have much of an interest left in super when Angel densetsu is ongoing in my list!
I rewatched ep 78 to make sure, its given to the strongest fighter, while the winning universe gets nothing = no boom
Whatever wrote: You are doing it wrong.
You should tell me that Gohan is smart and that he was not getting beaten up by Rota.
Then i would point out how he he needed to be saved twice by Piccolo and so on.

How long have you been doing this and you have still have no idea how this works!!!
Dude wtf :lol:
Not a lot of people here overhype their favorite characters or feel the need to defend them, tho there are some that does that like its in their agenda to do so :lol:
Lol,the thing is between me and Kii breaker is that he tells me he is joking despite me knowing already he is joking.
Then i take a jab(usually at Gohan since this is the character he overeacts the most)to joke as well but he seems to not know i am joking as well.
To the the others this must be seen like a mess imao.
No wonder, I myself just got to know that's what was going on.. :?
I do it with namekiansaiyan just because he likes to take a shit on Gohan most of the times.. Hence the deliberate overreaction.. Kinsisking quit, someone had to take the Job :P
SansrivaaL wrote:
I thought being the strongest would be the best criteria in a tournament literally called ''Tournament of Power'' oh well.
That's pretty vague but considering the title, yes, the strongest should be the best..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:36 am

So, how come the japanese Blu-rays are so expensive? I was looking forward to buy at least the Universe 6 and Future Trunks arcs, but it's simply too much. Are these some sort of limited editions?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:So, how come the japanese Blu-rays are so expensive? I was looking forward to buy at least the Universe 6 and Future Trunks arcs, but it's simply too much. Are these some sort of limited editions?
Most dvd/blu-ray sets I've seen are ludicrously expensive. From what I understand those kinds of things are aimed more a the niche collector/otaku market so they charge a lot more for them.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:47 am

Just realized Tien "let his guard down". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fuck off Toei, seriously.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: This is actually a nice way for it to go, Goku despite being stronger is defeated by Jiren, universe 11 wins but Goku isn't killed off because of the wish he has to make, he revives every universe afterwards nn
Yeah that would be a fun way to end it, as U7 about to get erased and they accept their erasure (cue drama OST https://youtu.be/gL2ifOosyrQ) and Goku realizes he doesnt get erased, GP tells him he becomes the strongest fighter (cue flippy song https://youtu.be/gG-WysRRaj8?list=PLqAx ... 9W1C2vxY2L) and then Goku wishes everyone back from erasure, or Gohan stays in the ring but U11 still has Toppo and Jiren and still had them lost, anyways I'm still hoping that this ToP is just a charade and that theres something bigger going on behind the scenes.
I don't think there is.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:17 am

Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:29 am

Draconic wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
See I'm hoping Frost fires a death beam point blank into Gohan.

Vegeta is at least useful...
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am

Draconic wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
What exactly can Gohan do in a fight against someone strong like Toppo.

One of Frost or Vegeta will probably go next week.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:31 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Gohan is pretty useful for fodderizing Piccolo. :problem:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:34 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

If Piccolo is protecting Gohan isn't it the other way round.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:35 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

:lol:

I dont want to be a total dick to Gohan but why is the so called "Leader" so lost that he has to rely on the regeneration ability of his friend?

Do people realize if Piccolo couldnt regrow his arms Gohan would be in SERIOUS trouble against a noone?

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

No no no, TOEI.

DO NOT THINK TO DO THIS.

'' The revenge of F ''. Really? Will Frost eliminate Vegeta? What relevant struggle did the Saiyan have? He did not even use Blue to fight seriously.

It would make absolutely no sense.

I hope VERY that Vegeta is not the next eliminated and has some great fight in the tournament.
It's hard to believe that your biggest highlight will be to defeat some U9 warriors, without even needing to quit the SSJ
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

:lol:

I dont want to be a total dick to Gohan but why is the so called "Leader" so lost that he has to rely on the regeneration ability of his friend?

Do people realize if Piccolo couldnt regrow his arms Gohan would be in SERIOUS trouble against a noone?
Yeah they are kinda fucking his character's leader showing up..
It needs to be handled better, for both those characters sake..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:42 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote: :lol:

This is why I call bullshit when the characters talk about how smart Gohan is. It's very much an informed attribute. In virtually all of his fights he succeeds by overpowering his opponent with brute force and when he can't, he's eating dirt. The one time I can think of him actually being clever is when he fought Lavender.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:47 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:

This is why I call bullshit when the characters talk about how smart Gohan is. It's very much an informed attribute. In virtually all of his fights he succeeds by overpowering his opponent with brute force and when he can't, he's eating dirt. The one time I can think of him actually being clever is when he fought Lavender.

Gohan is probably life smart but he's portrayed as a very dumb fighter. I'd agree with that.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:49 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:No no no, TOEI.

DO NOT THINK TO DO THIS.

'' The revenge of F ''. Really? Will Frost eliminate Vegeta? What relevant struggle did the Saiyan have? He even used Blue to fight seriously.

It would make absolutely no sense.

I hope VERY that Vegeta is not the next eliminated and has some great fight in the tournament.
It's hard to believe that your biggest highlight will be to defeat some U9 warriors, without even needing to quit the SSJ
What big fight could Vegeta possibly have? He has Cabba and thay is about it.
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Toei have to tell us what Gohan is thinking whereas with Goku and Piccolo they don't. They try and make Gohan smart but the others always outperform him.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:07 am

"Take a back seat", aka do what he's done for most of Z and Super then. :roll: