The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:There´s another theory around saying that it´s actually the opening that tell us what the order of elimination is, based on what number of dragon ball each member is holding on his hand, according to this, roshi would be next to be dropped out which makes perfect sense, then piccolo,17.18 and frieza, leaving goku,gohan and vegeta as the last remaining members of universe 7, depending on which member will be next to be knocked off the stage, roshi or vegeta, we will know which theory will have been proven to be right.
Piccolo is holding the 2 star ball I think.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:47 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:There´s another theory around saying that it´s actually the opening that tell us what the order of elimination is, based on what number of dragon ball each member is holding on his hand, according to this, roshi would be next to be dropped out which makes perfect sense, then piccolo,17.18 and frieza, leaving goku,gohan and vegeta as the last remaining members of universe 7, depending on which member will be next to be knocked off the stage, roshi or vegeta, we will know which theory will have been proven to be right.
I can´t tell, I got this from internet, and in all posts they say the order of elimination is the one I just pointed out.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:47 pm

gofishus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Holy crap.

Just saw the Heroes commercial. I can totally picture it now.

Goku and Jiren tiring each other out with their 100% strength and Frieza taking the chance, HE KNOCKS THEM OUT! HE'S THE CHAMP!

Super Dragon: State thy wish.
Goku: Awright! Frieza, you should ask for the other universes to be brought back to life - and I'll use the Earth Dragonballs to -
Frieza: Make me the next Zen-Oh.
Whis: .... we're fucked.
I think that's beyond the Super Dragon Balls power I think. Otherwise Grand Priest would have just wished himself to be next Zeno or erase Zeno by now.
The GP is evil theory hasnt been confirmed in the slightest so it's ridiculous to assume that he would do something like that.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Goku and Jiren tiring each other out with their 100% strength and Frieza taking the chance, HE KNOCKS THEM OUT! HE'S THE CHAMP!

Goku: Awright! Frieza, you should ask for the other universes to be brought back to life - and I'll use the Earth Dragonballs to -
I would totally love it if this happened. I still expect this arc to be the first time a mortal goes against the Gods, and I believe that mortal will be Freeza. They foreshadowed it when Freeza said he wanted to manipulate the Gods and when he swore he will be above Zeno one day.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I can´t tell, I got this from internet, and in all posts they say the order of elimination is the one I just pointed out.
Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTQQADEpCY

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
HeroR wrote:The Dragon Balls are giving to the best warrior overall. Nothing said it was the last man standing, especially one who take out their own teammate.
This makes no sense. What if the best warrior was someone who was erased along with his universe?
He got erased, so they weren't the best.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:56 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Watch this.

Ok, I don´t understand why there are so many people around saying ten is holding the two star ball, anyway if roshi is eliminated next week, neither theory will be right, I actually hope so since I´d rather have goku, vegeta and frieza as the last remaining members.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Vegeta being eliminated next makes sense. He has nothing story-wise going for him in the tournament, and he's already eliminated tons of characters and done tons of fighting.

Characters like Piccolo have barely done anything yet.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:05 pm

HeroR wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
HeroR wrote:The Dragon Balls are giving to the best warrior overall. Nothing said it was the last man standing, especially one who take out their own teammate.
This makes no sense. What if the best warrior was someone who was erased along with his universe?
He got erased, so they weren't the best.
Ergo, last man standing is the best.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:
Watch this.

Ok, I don´t understand why there are so many people around saying ten is holding the two star ball, anyway if roshi is eliminated next week, neither theory will be right, I actually hope so since I´d rather have goku, vegeta and frieza as the last remaining members.
Yeah in the opening that are all holding the Dragon balls up straight and look exactly how they do usually but the number 1 reason why I think the opening is wrong is because of Frieza and he will surely be in the last 3. The people holding the dragon balls are also the 7 non saiyans.

Toriyama has to throw a surprise somewhere like he did last time with Goku so maybe Vegeta does go but I still doubt it.

I am just failing to see a connection for a future fight for Vegeta apart from Cabba.

Kale and Caulifla are down
Piccolo and Maybe Gohan have the Namekians
17 has Ribrianne
Dyspo has Hit again at most
Frieza needs someone and Toppo just makes so much sense
Jiren is facing Goku very soon

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Vegeta taking the plunge next might come as a shock to many fans, given his reputation as subsidiary to Goku who still manages to earn a competent participatory silver medal in arcs. I'm in agreement with those who feel like the show could stand to break convention by making the order of eliminations less predictable. If it were possible I would hope for Goku himself to be removed from play sometime soon as he's been a persistent gnat who wanders about in every episode getting himself involved or those around him choosing him to get involved; this will obviously not happen but it's fun to speculate.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Lionel wrote:Vegeta taking the plunge next might come as a shock to many fans, given his reputation as subsidiary to Goku who still manages to earn a competent participatory silver medal in arcs. I'm in agreement with those who feel like the show could stand to break convention by making the order of eliminations less predictable. If it were possible I would hope for Goku himself to be removed from play sometime soon as he's been a persistent gnat who wanders about in every episode getting himself involved or those around him choosing him to get involved; this will obviously not happen but it's fun to speculate.
You might like Jiren in a few episodes if you want Goku gone.

Vegeta is not really needed as there are others that could assist Goku.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Super Shenlong can grant any wish. It's possible.
I know what both stories for both dragons say. That "any" does not need to mean anything at all when it comes to stronger entities. That is how these stories are. x is the strongest one. Except when he is not. That kind of "logic".
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:25 pm

precita wrote:Vegeta being eliminated next makes sense. He has nothing story-wise going for him in the tournament, and he's already eliminated tons of characters and done tons of fighting.

Almost full power Vegeta going before Roshi who is utterly depleted after using mafuba twice and near death? And not just him, but 17 and 18 with their infinite stamina AND Piccolo as well goes before him? Not buying that self satirical shark jumping bullshit. Why would they keep Roshi around that long? What would he have going for him storywise?
:crazy:

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
gofishus wrote:

I think that's beyond the Super Dragon Balls power I think. Otherwise Grand Priest would have just wished himself to be next Zeno or erase Zeno by now.
The GP is evil theory hasnt been confirmed in the slightest so it's ridiculous to assume that he would do something like that.
Being that we don't know much about GP at all, its also ridiculous to assume that he *wouldn't* do something like that. What is the end game for this tournament? wishing all the universes back. Look, if the Super Dragon Balls had more power than Zeno himself, and it resides in the universes that Zeno created, does that make any sense at all? Wouldn't Zeno know about that?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:10 pm

gofishus wrote:Being that we don't know much about GP at all, its also ridiculous to assume that he *wouldn't* do something like that. What is the end game for this tournament? wishing all the universes back. Look, if the Super Dragon Balls had more power than Zeno himself, and it resides in the universes that Zeno created, does that make any sense at all? Wouldn't Zeno know about that?
If he wanted to do that, what's stopping him from having done it already? He's had all the time in the world and there's nobody around who could stop him. And is it ever stated that Zen-oh created the Universes? Or anything at all? We've seen him governing and destroying them but I can't recall anything about him creating anything. He could have magicked the ring into existence himself but the Grand Priest had to do it. Same with the changes to the godpad.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Cetra wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Super Shenlong can grant any wish. It's possible.
I know what both stories for both dragons say. That "any" does not need to mean anything at all when it comes to stronger entities. That is how these stories are. x is the strongest one. Except when he is not. That kind of "logic".
It actually does. When no limitations are placed on a plot device, the remains the case until it is contradicted. And so far nothing has contradicted the notion that the power of Super Shelong's wish granting abilities don't extend beyond the position of Zeno(s).

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

TBMx wrote:
precita wrote:Vegeta being eliminated next makes sense. He has nothing story-wise going for him in the tournament, and he's already eliminated tons of characters and done tons of fighting.

Almost full power Vegeta going before Roshi who is utterly depleted after using mafuba twice and near death? And not just him, but 17 and 18 with their infinite stamina AND Piccolo as well goes before him? Not buying that self satirical shark jumping bullshit. Why would they keep Roshi around that long? What would he have going for him storywise?
:crazy:
Seriously. Everyone hates Vegeta for the sake of hating him.

The jokes on them though. Vegeta isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Most of the people saying he's going out soon say some outrageous things a lot. The same ones who justify why Roshi is this strong and why Krillin, Tien and Roshi could be Blue tier if they wanted.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm

To be fair, if the humans were offered the same opportunities as the Saiyans by getting to train with Whis, acquiring God Ki, learning Kaioken and then elevating the multipliers to greater plateaus, would it be unreasonable to propose that they could begin to compete with the SSJB Saiyans? As it's been mentioned several times before, what prevents a scenario like this one from possibly panning out is authorial willingness to offer a hand up for the humans.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

Holy shit. Dragon Ball Super could get so much mileage out of a scenario like that. I hope Toriyama has the balls to go into that direction.
Wouldn't Freeza have to know the language of the gods? It would be one hell of a step up from him not getting his wish from Porunga though.