Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Post by Cetra » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:18 pm

I just wrote two messages to Pascal Breuer. Maybe Germany is lucky enough to get the ultimate potential for German Zamasu. I so much hope so. I would even accept a wrong "Zamasoo".
Last edited by Cetra on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Did you guys get a dubbed opening?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Did you guys get a dubbed opening?
I will be very surprised if they did. As far as I know no dub has gotten a dubbed opening, so I think that was Toei's decision to have Chozetsu Dynamic (and later it will be Limit x Break) as the only opening everywhere in the world.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:54 pm

emperior wrote:
I will be very surprised if they did. As far as I know no dub has gotten a dubbed opening, so I think that was Toei's decision to have Chozetsu Dynamic (and later it will be Limit x Break) as the only opening everywhere in the world.
All Dragon Ball Openings were dubbed before in German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S1Yupk77pA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLm6JCVXuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6O4yvgQ3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiEY0i1bAK4
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

emperior wrote:
There have been at least 4 countries with dubbed openings, Latin America (I know it's not a country but it's easier this way), Brazil, Portugal and Israel. LatAm, Israel and Brazil even got the endings dubbed.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
emperior wrote:
There have been at least 4 countries with dubbed openings, Latin America (I know it's not a country but it's easier this way), Brazil, Portugal and Israel. LatAm, Israel and Brazil even got the endings dubbed.
And also US and South Korea. US had an "engrish" version for the opening and the endings are being dubbed in english too. South Korea had the opening dubbed, but I don't have informations about the endings.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
emperior wrote:
Oh, I didn't know! My bad, I didn't know and I didn't research on the web before posting.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:37 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
emperior wrote: I will be very surprised if they did. As far as I know no dub has gotten a dubbed opening, so I think that was Toei's decision to have Chozetsu Dynamic (and later it will be Limit x Break) as the only opening everywhere in the world.
And also US and South Korea. US had an "engrish" version for the opening and the endings are being dubbed in english too. South Korea had the opening dubbed, but I don't have informations about the endings.
In South Korea, the ending songs are replaced with the dubbed version of Chozetsu Dynamic.

Anyways, I'm thinking Germany didn't end up dubbing the OP and ED because, for some reason, Toei Europe isn't allowing them to do so (Italy and France, for example). If some can confirm this though, it would be appreciated.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:46 pm

wjbraden wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
In South Korea, the ending songs are replaced with the dubbed version of Chozetsu Dynamic.

Anyways, I'm thinking Germany didn't end up dubbing the OP and ED because, for some reason, Toei Europe isn't allowing them to do so (Italy and France, for example). If some can confirm this though, it would be appreciated.
It might be Toei Europe's decision, it was sure strange we didn't get a dubbed opening in Italy considering we always got one, and old Italian Dragon Ball dub openings are extremely popular here, so much that a famous DJ remixed GT opening and the singer, Giorgio Vanni, sings DB songs among other anime songs in his concerts. He also created his version of DB Super opening and uploaded it on YouTube as soon as Super began airing in Italy, so there must have been something going on behind the scenes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:43 pm

emperior wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

It might be Toei Europe's decision, it was sure strange we didn't get a dubbed opening in Italy considering we always got one, and old Italian Dragon Ball dub openings are extremely popular here, so much that a famous DJ remixed GT opening and the singer, Giorgio Vanni, sings DB songs among other anime songs in his concerts. He also created his version of DB Super opening and uploaded it on YouTube as soon as Super began airing in Italy, so there must have been something going on behind the scenes.
If it was Toei Europe's decision then why did they let Portugal have a dubbed opening? The burocracy around these kind of stuff is really confusing.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
If it was Toei Europe's decision then why did they let Portugal have a dubbed opening? The burocracy around these kind of stuff is really confusing.
Indeed it is, maybe it's because Portugal received it before the others did? I really can't explain any of if. Toei has been really wired regarding which songs can and can't be dubbed cir their properties in the past few years.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:46 am

Sorry to double post, but the OP and ED were left in Japanese. Oh well.

Damian0358

Post by Damian0358 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm

wjbraden wrote:Sorry to double post, but the OP and ED were left in Japanese. Oh well.
Considering that Dragon Ball Z Kai's OPs and EDs were left in Japanese too, it makes sense that Super's would be too.

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Cetra wrote:Good lord, I want Tommy Morgenstern back. And Kaiou for some reason got the voice actor of the Elder Kaioushin.

I hope they choose Pascal Breuer for Zamasu. He voiced Sesshomaru and Neflite in Germany so he can voice elegant and cool villains.
Dragon ball is recording in Berlin, Breuer live in Munich. I love his voice to, especially as Ace in One Piece and Sesshomaru in Inuyasha, but it´s impossible that he voiced zamasu in db super.

To the german dub, ChiChi, Goten and Trunks are terrible for me, especially Goten but the rest is good.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Saiyanrule wrote:
Cetra wrote:Good lord, I want Tommy Morgenstern back. And Kaiou for some reason got the voice actor of the Elder Kaioushin.

I hope they choose Pascal Breuer for Zamasu. He voiced Sesshomaru and Neflite in Germany so he can voice elegant and cool villains.
Dragon ball is recording in Berlin, Breuer live in Munich. I love his voice to, especially as Ace in One Piece and Sesshomaru in Inuyasha, but it´s impossible that he voiced zamasu in db super.

To the german dub, ChiChi, Goten and Trunks are terrible for me, especially Goten but the rest is good.
Only good voice in this dub so far is Bulma. I've only seen episode 1. Goku 's voice is terrible. Way too dark and badly acted or very forced when pitching up. Worst DB super voice for Goku yet.

And don't mention Gohan. The hell was that voice? Videl, Mutenroshi, Bulma and chichi were acceptable. The narrator I didn't like but I understand why they went with a voice without emotions...

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:17 pm

sangofe wrote:
Saiyanrule wrote:

Only good voice in this dub so far is Bulma. I've only seen episode 1. Goku 's voice is terrible. Way too dark and badly acted or very forced when pitching up. Worst DB super voice for Goku yet.

And don't mention Gohan. The hell was that voice? Videl, Mutenroshi, Bulma and chichi were acceptable. The narrator I didn't like but I understand why they went with a voice without emotions...
Do you guys have any link for the german dub?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Saiyanrule wrote: Dragon ball is recording in Berlin, Breuer live in Munich. I love his voice to, especially as Ace in One Piece and Sesshomaru in Inuyasha, but it´s impossible that he voiced zamasu in db super.

Do you guys have any link for the german dub?
I sent you a link by a PM.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Saiyanrule wrote: Dragon ball is recording in Berlin, Breuer live in Munich. I love his voice to, especially as Ace in One Piece and Sesshomaru in Inuyasha, but it´s impossible that he voiced zamasu in db super.

Still, it's possible. I've seen German dubs where they use actors from everywhere (Berlin, Hamburg, Münich and Cologne). Examples I can mention are : Fresh Prince of Bel Air (had Jan Odle, who is a Münich VA) and Digimon (had Daniela Reidies, who is a Hamburg VA).

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm

sangofe wrote:
Saiyanrule wrote:

You must have seen more than one episode, the dub is not the best in the world but acceptable.
The original german dbz dub was also very weird , good acting but the voices where all unfitting, and the first 40/50 episodes of the dub where really bad.

Here is an another clip from Goku and Vegeta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5NVfgu9hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0niUfW5Zo

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Saiyanrule wrote:
sangofe wrote:

You must have seen more than one episode, the dub is not the best in the world but acceptable.
The original german dbz dub was also very weird , good acting but the voices where all unfitting, and the first 40/50 episodes of the dub where really bad.

Here is an another clip from Goku and Vegeta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5NVfgu9hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0niUfW5Zo
No, I've not seen more than one episode.