Would you like to see Dragon Ball on This TV?(Broadcast Network)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Would you like to see Dragon Ball on This TV?(Broadcast Network)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:30 pm

This TV is launching a Kids Block on their affiliates called KidsClick. I for one already know this will never happen. But would you like to see it back on Broadcast TV? Especially now that they would be free from The CW's BS&P.

[spoiler]BALTIMORE, Md., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announces its newest entry into the content arena with 'KidsClick,' a national multiplatform programming block geared for children. KidsClick, which launches Saturday, July 1, 2017 and airs daily, will feature robust and age-appropriate content available on all screens, including broadcast television, online, pay TV, mobile and over-the-top (OTT). KidsClick initially will be available in more than 75 million broadcast TV homes through many Sinclair-owned and operated stations and on national network partner, ThisTV.

"The broadcast industry was the original destination for children's programming, and we are very excited to once again play a meaningful role in offering such important, high-quality content," said Steve Marks, EVP & Chief Operating Office of Sinclair's television group. "Our decision to re-enter the kids' space with KidsClick is a natural step for Sinclair as we expand our reach to the next generation of broadcast viewers. More importantly, our KidsClick's platform offers parents an option for high-quality, well-known, carefully vetted content and brands."

"ThisTV is thrilled to be a broadcast partner for Sinclair's new children's block, KidsClick," said John Bryan, President, Domestic Television Distribution, MGM. "As ThisTV continues to evolve, KidsClick gives our audience more choices with established brands and introduces them to some exciting new children's programming."

KidsClick will air Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on Saturday and Sundays.

This summer, KidsClick also will be available online (desktop and mobile), via tablet and smartphone apps and games, and via OTT platforms like Roku, in addition to broadcast television. The content will consist of an ever-growing list of long- and short-form video content that is appropriate for kids and advertisers, with an industry-exclusive hyper-local advertising/promotional component through Sinclair's 170+ station websites as well as ThisTV's website.[/spoiler]

What do you think? Leave your opinion here, its always appreciated.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would you like to see Dragon Ball on This TV?(Broadcast Network)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:51 am

One confirmed anime for the NEW BLOCK!

SONIC X!

...Cue "Epic Fail" theme. But yeah. I hope Funimation will try and bring back Dragon Ball to Saturday Mornings, since DBZKai was such a success back in the day.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 am

I don't know if I'd want to see Dragon Ball on any network. I don't watch Dragon Ball in that way, I watch it on DVD or Blu-ray if I'm so inclined. However, it would be great exposure.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 am

I love you for posting your honest opinion on the subject! I thought this thread was going to die! You rock!

I cant wait to see the ratings for the new shows and Sonic X. I dont like Sonic X but it always did great on Toonzai and Vortexx. Yet Dragon Ball was the highest rated bar none until that Wrestling show!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:58 am

I'll be honest: I didn't check the dates and responded mainly because it was bumped up by you adding that Sonic X was confirmed.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 am

It begins on June 1. And the schedule is to be announced.

But here are some of the lineup.

http://www.toonbarn.com/other-cartoons/ ... oon-block/

And if its not against the rules, here is my group for fan input into adding more anime!

https://www.facebook.com/KidsClickAnime/

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 am

Never cared for whether it's on TV or not. I watch it via [link to illegal content streaming site removed by administrator] or through Crunchyroll. :-/
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

But I sure care about and appreciate your post! Thank you!

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm

YES. Kai is the best entry point to get kids into DB now since the dub is so good, and now with the Boo arc it can lead right into Super. From what I understand this block is daily, so they can breeze through the series rather quickly. This block practically BEGGING to air DB, at least in my opinion. Heck, I'd watch it just to see the edits they make and get that nostalgic feeling of watching Kai on Nicktoons and CW during my high school years. The only thing that concerns me is the contract with Toonami - do they have exclusive broadcast rights to Kai and Super?
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 pm

I don't want DB in any television! :evil: We need to make Toei do new film transfers and broadcast audio sync - then we can talk about TV broadcasts.

:lol:

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:39 am

OmegaRockman wrote:YES. Kai is the best entry point to get kids into DB now since the dub is so good, and now with the Boo arc it can lead right into Super. From what I understand this block is daily, so they can breeze through the series rather quickly. This block practically BEGGING to air DB, at least in my opinion. Heck, I'd watch it just to see the edits they make and get that nostalgic feeling of watching Kai on Nicktoons and CW during my high school years. The only thing that concerns me is the contract with Toonami - do they have exclusive broadcast rights to Kai and Super?
Turner might have exclusivity for cable, but I doubt they have broadcast network rights. KidsClick could run Dragon Ball before Kai, so they'd have 251 episodes (assuming they'd run it 5 days a week, that's a year worth of episodes) to go through before hitting the stuff Toonami's currently running.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:11 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:YES. Kai is the best entry point to get kids into DB now since the dub is so good, and now with the Boo arc it can lead right into Super. From what I understand this block is daily, so they can breeze through the series rather quickly. This block practically BEGGING to air DB, at least in my opinion. Heck, I'd watch it just to see the edits they make and get that nostalgic feeling of watching Kai on Nicktoons and CW during my high school years. The only thing that concerns me is the contract with Toonami - do they have exclusive broadcast rights to Kai and Super?
Turner might have exclusivity for cable, but I doubt they have broadcast network rights. KidsClick could run Dragon Ball before Kai, so they'd have 251 episodes (assuming they'd run it 5 days a week, that's a year worth of episodes) to go through before hitting the stuff Toonami's currently running.
That's a good point about the broadcast network rights. I don't see them running the original DB, though, since Z is the big seller here. Plus I don't think the current edited dub would be toned down enough for the network. Remember, the original DB was edited with the Toonami audience in mind, so they got away with a couple more things than an early morning cartoon block like KidsClick probably would (blood, violence, some nudity, direct references to death, ect.). They could edit it further, but any additional dialogue edits may be tricky. Also, Kai would be easier to tie into the Super toyline that was announced late last year because of the Super Saiyans and Freeza being a part of it. Breezing through Kai with 5 episodes a week and getting to Super faster would lead to further merchandising tie-ins. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to have DB air first (or at least air alongside Kai), but I don't realistically see that happening.

My YouTube

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 am

For anyone who is interested, Here's the website: http://kidsclicktv.com/

Wow, It looks REALLY nice. I'm really looking forward to this!

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am

Here's the lineup for KidsClick in Twin Cities:

WEEKDAY SCHEDULE
6:00am - Sonic X
6:30am - Max Steel
7:00am - Angry Birds
7:30am - Miraculous LadyBug
8:00am - Rocket Monkeys
8:30am - Super 4

SATURDAY SCHEDULE
5:00am - Robocop Alpha Command
5:30am - Sonic X
6:00am - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
6:30am - Scary Larry
1:00pm - The Pink Panther and Pals
1:30pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

SUNDAY SCHEDULE
12:00pm - Robocop Alpha Command
12:30pm - Sonic X
1:00pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
1:30pm - Scary Larry
2:00pm - The Pink Panther and Pals
2:30pm - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

I can see Kai/Super replacing Rocket Monkeys since it wasn't a particularly good show from what I remember. Also keep in mind that this is the schedule for a random CW affiliate, so there may be some differences in the schedule depending on what area you live in. At any rate, I'm sure if fans make enough noise they'll consider DB shows in the future.

EDIT: Forgot to include a source: http://thecwtc.com/news/local/kidsclick

My YouTube

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am

That's awesome! Also here are some FREAKING NEWSCASTS covering Miraculous Ladybug. I would love to see either DBZKai or Super covered this way!

https://youtu.be/LUhBWrca_qI?list=PLbmN ... srGW942AaQ

That would be some terrific exposure for not much effort on Toei or Funimation's part!

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Controversial opinion: Sonic X needs a faithful uncut dub.

Also, if DBZ Kai 1.0 is going to be picked up (though I'd much rather we get Kai 2.0 or Super), i'm fairly certain it will be the 4kids/Saban cut due to being made for broadcast TV...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Controversial opinion: Sonic X needs a faithful uncut dub.

Also, if DBZ Kai 1.0 is going to be picked up (though I'd much rather we get Kai 2.0 or Super), i'm fairly certain it will be the 4kids/Saban cut due to being made for broadcast TV...
IDK, Sonic X is good, but I don't think SEGA would redub it uncut. Besides, Hulu/Yahoo View has the Subbed version.

They might go from Kai to Kai TFC to Super. More edits won't be a big problem since Kai has a broadcast editied version, IDK about Kai TFC, FUNi might have one in the vault just in case, and we know that FUNimation has an editied version of Super as a backup which changes Satan to Hercule, has no death references, and removes all mentions of the word "God".

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 am

Five and Six AM on Saturday mornings? I can't see that taking off.
simtek34 wrote:and we know that FUNimation has an editied version of Super as a backup which changes Satan to Hercule, has no death references, and removes all mentions of the word "God".
Never heard of this before. What do they call Super Saiyan God in that version?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

SqueakyBoots wrote:Five and Six AM on Saturday mornings? I can't see that taking off.
simtek34 wrote:and we know that FUNimation has an editied version of Super as a backup which changes Satan to Hercule, has no death references, and removes all mentions of the word "God".
Never heard of this before. What do they call Super Saiyan God in that version?
I don't know. All we know is what I wrote, which is all Chris Sabat said on Twitter a while ago, and I can't find that tweet for the life of me. Any help?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 am

Sooooo... Kidsclick has been on the air for a while. Its terrible at scheduling but I do hope for a second TV deal with them just in case Toonami gets cancelled...which I hope wont happen. Knock on wood.

http://www.toonbarn.com/other-cartoons/ ... zak-storm/