"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 pm

kinisking wrote:I think another thing this tournament should get credit for is the unique designs for even fodder characters.
Have to agree with this. I've loved almost every design I've seen.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:DB - Chichi, Annin
DBZ - C18, Videl, Seripa, Zangya
GT - Pan
Lanfan, Mela.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:15 pm

I can't shake the feeling that this arc was actually a character introduction and they will be another tournament down the while that will be the real one.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm

If we're talking about good things in the Tournament, I would also like to point out how careful they are being with keep tracking of all fighters.
Daishinkan's comments, both Zenos acting like the audience and the godpad makes everything easier to follow for me.

They are also self aware of the rules and when some character do something that could be considered against it, they always get called out:
- When C17 was fighting Kakunza and he used the World of Void light as footing, Champa asked if that was allowed.
- When Roshi used the bottle for the Mafuba, Quitela called him out and Beerus argued about Dercori's talismas too.
Shounen wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:DB - Chichi, Annin
DBZ - C18, Videl, Seripa, Zangya
GT - Pan
Lanfan, Mela.
I don't remember what Mela did, but only taking her clothes off doesn't make Ranfan a fighter. Caway tried to seduce Roshi, but she proved she could fight at least.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Rhuagh wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Rhuagh wrote:Kaioken x20? That's ridiculous. Introducing Kaioken with Blue is a bad idea in the first place, but if they were going to do it anyway, at least don't go ape shit with the numbers. It makes Super Saiyajin Blue so patetic. I would rather have:

- Regular(x2) Kaioken against Hit. Same visual as x10.
- Sanbai and Yonbai Kaioken against Jiren. Same visual, but more intense.

Makes for the same cool factor, but doesn't turn SSJB into a joke.
I don't see how the return of Kaioken X20 is ridiculous and makes Blue pathetic.

In the anime Blue is not enough to compete with Hit, or Zamasu or Jiren. It was even defeated by Golden Freeza. It's a very weak transformation, and that to me is underwhelming. It's waving goodbye as the strongest transformation without accomplishing much. Combining it with Kaioken at such high numbers only accentuates the problem.
I do not know why you're complaining. After the SSJ first appeared, the only enemy he won was Freeza. After that, he lost to all the other big bad guys.

SSJ2 the same thing with Cell. And SSJ3 did not beat anyone.

The SSB is still holding for three consecutive sagas, something that has never happened before, and after all these battles, he was strong enough to beat Black, to match Hitto and Golden Freeza.
Totamo wrote:Black was said to be stronger than Hit, who kept up with that.
That's just his opinion, and his only justification was that Black increased his power in a unique way, based on Goku's power.

It is the same as considering the scales of power Toshio made (it was just his opinion)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Rhuagh wrote: In the anime Blue is not enough to compete with Hit, or Zamasu or Jiren. It was even defeated by Golden Freeza. It's a very weak transformation, and that to me is underwhelming. It's waving goodbye as the strongest transformation without accomplishing much. Combining it with Kaioken at such high numbers only accentuates the problem.
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku beat up Hit until he improved his Time Skip. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was also stronger than Zamasu outside of Black who has Super Saiyan Rose, which is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan under a different name. Merged Zamasu got got beating up by Vegito Blue. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku did defeat Golden Freeza by vital of being a more stable form that didn't rapidly burn energy.

Not to mentioned, in their rematches, Goku floored Hit with a single Kamehameha without the Kaioken and tied with Golden Freeza, a form that previously overpowered him.
Last edited by HeroR on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 am

Lord Frieza wrote:While Black, thanks to his Super Zenkai, was very likely stronger then Hit at the time, with his own ability to improve quickly Hit likely has caught up by now, epsecially after his fights with Goku and Dyspo.
I don't think Hit came close to SSJR Goku Black (Scythe), but that's a match I would love to see! Gosh, somebody do a fanfic with Goku Black in the Tournament Of Power, plz! :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:19 am

Lord Frieza wrote:While Black, thanks to his Super Zenkai, was very likely stronger then Hit at the time, with his own ability to improve quickly Hit likely has caught up by now, epsecially after his fights with Goku and Dyspo.
Goku himself was also stronger than he was during the Champa Saga when he faced Black. Goku commented when he fought Copy-Vegeta that Vegeta has gotten stronger. So Black was stronger than Hit and the producer confirmed it. Also remember that Goku fought and floored Hit with one Kamehameha without the Kamehameha during their rematch.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
That's just his opinion, and his only justification was that Black increased his power in a unique way, based on Goku's power.

It is the same as considering the scales of power Toshio made (it was just his opinion)
It's more than just their opinion since they were the actual director of the Future Trunks Saga and not just one of the writers. So it isn't the same as Toshio.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 am

Article and link to the new ending song, but it's region locked: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ng/.121057
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:11 am

Chuquita wrote:Article and link to the new ending song, but it's region locked: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ng/.121057
Here's the link with the song that shouldn't be lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qxvMh ... e=youtu.be
Kanassa wrote:

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:17 am

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Article and link to the new ending song, but it's region locked: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ng/.121057

Hmm, I'm kind of excited for this ending now. It might even reveal some things, the song is so fast; I like it.
:clap:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 am

Not liking what I hear, current ending sounds much better
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 am

Sounds pretty cool for an ending song. Hope we get some nice visuals for it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 am

HeroR wrote:

Uuuuuu, j-rock. That's a surprise. I don't they've had a more dynamic sounding ED until now. I'm actually really curious to see the visuals now. Hopefully they'll fit the more action-inclined beat of the song. :)
Last edited by Michsi on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 am

Dr.Rota is the the best thing to come out of this arc.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 am

That song sounds awesome. :wtf:
Last edited by hardcorefakes on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 am

A while ago Toshio tweeted a picture of the manga, taken from the fight with Kid Buu when Goku had to charge up his SSJ3 for a minute. Now we know Goku will use the Genkidama. I have a strange theory: what if the fight with Jiren plays out like the main fights of DBZ?
We already know there are many similarities with Goku vs Freeza, because of the KKx20, Genkidama and Goku's new transformation. Maybe Vegeta will hold Jiren while Goku charges up the Genkidama, which would be similar to what happened with Kid Buu. There's also Gohan there, who has been hyped up by Goku in the show similarly to what happened before the Cell Games, which makes me theorize Gohan could achieve a new form too, like it happened against Cell. In the end, U7 might be able to beat Jiren in a team effort (maybe with U6 too) like it happened with Vegeta.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 am

emperior wrote:A while ago Toshio tweeted a picture of the manga, taken from the fight with Kid Buu when Goku had to charge up his SSJ3 for a minute. Now we know Goku will use the Genkidama. I have a strange theory: what if the fight with Jiren plays out like the main fights of DBZ?
We already know there are many similarities with Goku vs Freeza, because of the KKx20, Genkidama and Goku's new transformation. Maybe Vegeta will hold Jiren while Goku charges up the Genkidama, which would be similar to what happened with Kid Buu. There's also Gohan there, who has been hyped up by Goku in the show similarly to what happened before the Cell Games, which makes me theorize Gohan could achieve a new form too, like it happened against Cell. In the end, U7 might be able to beat Jiren in a team effort (maybe with U6 too) like it happened with Vegeta.
I heavily doubt Gohan is getting a new form. Also, the similarities between this and the Freeza Saga is really thin.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:06 am

HeroR wrote:
emperior wrote:A while ago Toshio tweeted a picture of the manga, taken from the fight with Kid Buu when Goku had to charge up his SSJ3 for a minute. Now we know Goku will use the Genkidama. I have a strange theory: what if the fight with Jiren plays out like the main fights of DBZ?
I heavily doubt Gohan is getting a new form. Also, the similarities between this and the Freeza Saga is really thin.
How is anyone going to be able to hold Jiren off while Goku does the spirit bomb?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
How is anyone going to be able to hold Jiren off while Goku does the spirit bomb?
Who says that anyone is going hold off Jiren?
Kanassa wrote: