Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hit!!
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Hit!! » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:45 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Hit!! wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Hopefully Onishi having 9 weeks between episodes gives us a better idea of his style.
Onishi Ryu is back?? :o :o :o
No, Yoichi Onishi.
Oh ok.. I was getting all hyped up lol

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:47 am

Oonishi Ryou did a lot of work for Nagamine Tatsuya's One Piece Film Z, so I imagine he will one day come back to the series for Nagamine, but he isn't going to be an animation supervisor for this set of episodes, at least. Maybe he'll do key animation, if we're lucky.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 am

Great to see Nagamine doing the special. Really wonder if the episode Ono was talking about was the special. I doubt it, but most of the recruitment stuff was done by external studios. So there is a possibility, even if a very small one considering Super's schedule.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:56 am

Guys, I’m sorry but instead i’m Missing something, it is Kazuya Karasawa and not Tatsuya Nagamine on that Animage leak...

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 am

Psykomatik wrote:Guys, I’m sorry but instead i’m Missing something, it is Kazuya Karasawa and not Tatsuya Nagamine on that Animage leak...
Nani ?

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:22 am

I jus hope Tate won't screw up with bad art.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:47 am

Episode 107:
Scenario: Toshio Yoshitaka (吉高寿男)
Animation Supervisor: Osamu Ishikawa (石川 修)
Directors: Tatsuya Nagamine (長峯達也) & Ryota Nakamura (中村亮太)

Episode 108:
Scenario: Yoshifumi Fukushima (福嶋幸典)
Animation Supervisor: Yoshitaka Yashima (八島善孝)
Story-board: Kiyosato Yamamoto (山元清里)
Director: Hideki Hiroshima (広嶋秀樹)

Episode 109: TV Special Part 1
Scenario: Hiroshi Yamaguchi (山口 宏)
Animation Supervisors: Tsutomu Ono (大野 勉) & Shuichiro Manabe (眞部周一郎)
Director: Kazuya Karasawa (唐澤和也)

Episode 110: TV Special Part 2
Scenario: Atsuhiro Tomioka (冨岡淳広)
Animation Supervisors: Yoichi Onishi (大西陽一) & Naoki Tate (舘 直樹)
Director: Masato Mitsuka (三塚雅人)

Note: Ajay made a legit mistake. The last kanji of Kazuya Karasawa's name (也) is identical to the last one of Nagamine's name (也). I believe he just saw that and got really excited.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:04 am

This is the worst mistake I've ever made. I'm so upset.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 am

Oh God... why Tate... of all the people that could have been in the special that has the new forms debut... there goes my hype.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Oh God... why Tate... of all the people that could have been in the special that has the new forms debut... there goes my hype.
What is even the issue? Tate handled the Rosé debut in #56 and got corrected, likely the same thing will happen here. Plus Tate can draw on model when he wants too. Tate being on the episode means we gonna get some great animation (hopefully something that finally surpasses his Golden Freeza cut!)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Oh God... why Tate... of all the people that could have been in the special that has the new forms debut... there goes my hype.
What is even the issue? Tate handled the Rosé debut in #56 and got corrected, likely the same thing will happen here. Plus Tate can draw on model when he wants too. Tate being on the episode means we gonna get some great animation (hopefully something that finally surpasses his Golden Freeza cut!)
He was also in Episode 66, one of the most praised animated episodes of Super. Plus, Tate is one of Toei's prize animators. Of course he was going to be in the special.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The issue is I.am.not.a.fan.of.his.work. period. I think we're free enough to have differences in taste right?

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
This is the reason why some people dislike the fact that Tate will be supervising:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 am

zamasu121 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
This is the reason why some people dislike the fact that Tate will be supervising:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
For the fact that he can produce serviceable art?

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 am

JazzMazz wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: What is even the issue? Tate handled the Rosé debut in #56 and got corrected, likely the same thing will happen here. Plus Tate can draw on model when he wants too. Tate being on the episode means we gonna get some great animation (hopefully something that finally surpasses his Golden Freeza cut!)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
For the fact that he can produce serviceable art?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:49 am

zamasu121 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A single gif is a not a worthy response.

-

Can we not have this conversation every single time a Tate episode pops up. It's very boring, and in this particular instance, you have nothing to 'worry' about.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:26 am

Off topic but related to Tate. Most video dedications to him remove his work on episode five and I find it a shame because I thought his portion with super saiyan 3 is cool.

ShinyPhanpy

Post by ShinyPhanpy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:53 am

MaskedRider wrote:Off topic but related to Tate. Most video dedications to him remove his work on episode five and I find it a shame because I thought his portion with super saiyan 3 is cool.
It was definitely the best part of that clusterfuck of an episode. Had solid art and some nice effects.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 am

LOL, I guess that answers that. Maybe Nagamine will direct #117 or something, assuming the fight continues on past #110.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 am

zamasu121 wrote: This is the reason why some people dislike the fact that Tate will be supervising:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I can't be the only one who likes that shot of piccolo? I really like his expression here, and there's just something about Tate's characters that feel fleshy and alive. It's nice. Not everything has to be stiff rendering hell with him.

Let's not Forget that Tate is one of the most important supervisors on Super's staff. He's been given many important episodes for a good reason.
:clap: