How did Universes 1-12 escape erasure?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

How did Universes 1-12 escape erasure?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Did Zeno just erase at random?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How did Universes 1-12 escape erasure?

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:37 am

Probably was random. Zeno's not exactly a complicated being.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:35 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:Did Zeno just erase at random?
No, Zeno is merely eliminating the universes with lower mortal levels. Universe 1, 5, 8 and 12 are all universes with high mortal rankings, thus they were spared execution.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am

JazzMazz wrote:
No, Zeno is merely eliminating the universes with lower mortal levels. Universe 1, 5, 8 and 12 are all universes with high mortal rankings, thus they were spared execution.
No, I mean before that. When there were around 18 universes(?)
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am

JUST A STUPID LOT DEVICE DB SUPER WRITERS MADE SO GOKU WILL NOT BE SEEN IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 am

More than likely, or the universes were simply renumbered, there are anomalies with the twin universe theory with Yadrat's and other races existing in universes they logically shouldn't be..
gohan_black wrote:JUST A STUPID LOT DEVICE DB SUPER WRITERS MADE SO GOKU WILL NOT BE SEEN IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT
Dude.. get a new keyboard
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am

I Can't Understand WHY we keep giving the Zeno's the Credit for making the Universal Ranking System, they have the minds of young children and can barely count on their hands to figure out who is left in the ToP and Yet they can come-up with an Overly Complicated Ranking System!? :wtf:

Honestly it has to be the Grand Priest that made this Ranking System and said it was the Zeno's to give it credit, Don't Look at the Puppeteer, look at the Puppets! :twisted:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
More than likely, or the universes were simply renumbered, there are anomalies with the twin universe theory with Yadrat's and other races existing in universes they logically shouldn't be..
gohan_black wrote:JUST A STUPID LOT DEVICE DB SUPER WRITERS MADE SO GOKU WILL NOT BE SEEN IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT
I CAN REVERSE IT BY RESTARTING MY COMPUTER. BUT WHY BOTHER ITS GONNA HAPPEN SOON AGAIN. AND I'm ON LAPTOP

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Probably when the 18 universes are still around they are triplets instead of twins, and maybe some of the universes that survived are left with none of their original twins, but some are, like U6 and U7. It's possible that U2 is the triplet of U6 & U7, based on the species that exist on that universes, like Yardrats and Tuffles.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Pure luck. Universes 1-12 were not in Zeno's kill-zone when get upset about something.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't like the 18 Universe thing because it doesn't make sense. If all the pair Universes add up to make 13, how did Universes 13-18 pair up? Were they special? Were they in a seperate "zone" than our current 12 Universes, so that's why they didn't pair up the same? So many questions. I get that they were trying to hype up Zeno by saying that he took out 6 Universes before, but it doesn't really fit with the way everything is explained to us.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm

For all we know, universe numbering could have changed after the erasure

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm

http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/w ... r-wiki-rec
http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_18
http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_5
http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_9

Does this have anything to do with the storyline? Maybe they are eliminating fandom alternatives. Are they using this concept to say zeno is eliminating possibilities to get a certain result? Maybe the old ones were eliminated before this in another tournament and now we only have one known universe with a goku in it and the others don't have one. Or the strongest being is a vegito or something. Is it possible the tournament mentioned is the one in the fandom wiki and this is a continuation of that logic somehow. But this time without the z fighters in alternate versions. Maybe zeno is in charge of a certain number of universes in a multi-verse.

http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_1 *cough, cough*
Competitors

Southern Supreme Kai - The Southern Kai has engaged in one match against Butta of Universe 8, and defeated him with virtually no effort. In the second round he faced Majin Buu of Universe 11. After a brief fight, he enacted a plan to get himself absorbed by Majin Buu to free his alternate universe counterpart from his pod. However, he found that his counterpart had been completely integrated into Buu. Disappointed, he left the creature. He lost due to exiting the arena for 30 seconds.
Maybe the super namek that made the big dragon balls is from universe one or a universe where all namekians fused or something and made super dragon balls. Or they were originally fused and never unfused or whatever the case may be.

http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/w ... r-wiki-rec <-

http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Universe_8
However, things are not as they seem, as it is revealed that Ginyu managed to switch bodies with a member of Freeza's forces after his injured body was being carried away by Appule. After a long period of time, he was able to switch bodies with King Cold and rule his universe. Later, he fought in the tournament with King Cold´s body without anyone knowing his true identity. However. he revealed himself when he tried to stole the body of Bra from Universe 16, after the battle with her. Buu insinuated this fact to Freeza, knowing the whole time in which body Ginyu was.
Speaking of which is it possible the alternatives in the ToP are not alternatives but merely given different names to fool universe 7 and not let them know entirely the nature of the multiverse?

Maybe the general events are happening over and over again as well. Or that the events in dragon ball happened earlier or that the universes get reset or cycle meaning the same events happen every so many millions of years or more with different outcomes. They do mentioned reincarnation in regards to the dead. And I believe that is a principle of the beliefs of reincarnation. Is this meant to be understood this way as reincarnation is a basic premise in the universe and this show is eastern? Maybe they come back as themselves at some point and the cycle restarts. If the universes somehow restart they could start with the same basic beginning and then slowly cycle to different variations each time. Meaning king cold and goku and frieza all existed in the past. It would explain practically why beings like the angels are not surprised by things but maybe the lower kais or even just the gods of destruction don't know as much because they are from the universes somehow and the upper being and possibly the kaioshin are not. Although the kaioshin could be created in the process of each iteration of a universe at it's start.

You could always say the other universes were wiped out in past iterations up to this point. Maybe zeno wasn't ruling or they changed it so zeno ran the tournaments or it's for him to see this time specifically. If things reiterate and similar beings and time events keep happening these fandoms could be in a past interation before the current events before universes were destroyed. Given there are more than 18 it could be much farther back. Or it could be unrelated or be a different persons numbering system obviously. But if it's directly to be related you could say this(DBS) is a future iteration and this time zeno is getting to see it as a special treat. Maybe this is zenos first iteration, and why he is so young, and he is getting to watch his first tournament. Maybe this timeline iteration is happening after a new zeno is born or reborn and he's getting to go through the cycles early on and witness his first goku and others.

Universe 6 was the fifth universe found by the Vargas. In this universe, Bojack's gang had taken control of the galaxy and replaced Freeza's Empire after defeating the Z-Warriors. However, they were unaware of a group of girls with magical abilities, making their conquest incomplete. The group's actual origin is unknown.
Different numbers correct stories. Like I said maybe past iterations before the universes were culled or maybe zeno has control over a small number of universes and this is one of them with a different number. Or, again, different past cycling/iteration and this is happening again. Who knows.

I assume they are taking from the multiverse idea or taht this was written afterwords. But you could try to fit it in with a reincanation universe that recycles repeating similar events. And this time zeno is watching his first tournament over the universes and maybe he is in charge of 18 universe out of an infinite set of universes because he is young still and training to be an adult zeno. So either the other tournaments happen at the same time outside of zenos area or happened in past iterations. You never know. it would be interesting in some ways for an infinite cycle of db history happening. maybe there is some reason for the reiterations to produce an ultimate result. Or for endless iterations to exist to stop boredom of the infinite living outer dimensional beings like the angels and zeno's species.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm

gohan_black wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
I CAN REVERSE IT BY RESTARTING MY COMPUTER. BUT WHY BOTHER ITS GONNA HAPPEN SOON AGAIN. AND I'm ON LAPTOP
You can use the on-screen keyboard if the Caps Lock key doesn't work.