"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So, I am legit stuck for words I do not know what the merchandising department or whatever are doing, the big push at the start of 2018 is... Rosé Goku Black... so much they can push with this arc at the start of the year but nope Goku Black...

Kale the thing people screamed was a "marketing gimmick" to "sell toys" between Feb 2017 (start of the arc) and Feb 2018 will only have one mini figure (a WCF out next month) she doesn't even have a UDM keychain figure yet...

Jiren is the only thing that got decently pushed this arc.
Where was this info posted? I tried a few places and couldn't find it.

As for why...I can only speak for myself; I liked the character designs in the Zamasu arc a lot more than I have most of the tournament character designs so far. Maybe they're also just selling really well?

Or, maybe they're planning on figures for the current arc for next summer instead for some reason?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So, I am legit stuck for words I do not know what the merchandising department or whatever are doing, the big push at the start of 2018 is... Rosé Goku Black... so much they can push with this arc at the start of the year but nope Goku Black...

Kale the thing people screamed was a "marketing gimmick" to "sell toys" between Feb 2017 (start of the arc) and Feb 2018 will only have one mini figure (a WCF out next month) she doesn't even have a UDM keychain figure yet...

Where was this info posted? I tried a few places and couldn't find it.

As for why...I can only speak for myself, but I liked the character designs in the Zamasu arc a lot more than I have most of the tournament character designs so far. Maybe they're also just selling really well?

Or, maybe they're planning on figures for the current arc for next summer instead for some reason?
On the Merchandise thread, the last post I posted updates on stuff revealed for the start of next year... and go figure a few days after I posted that another Goku Black figure was revealed lol.

The Black arc took a lot time to get stuff released as well, Ikari Trunks is finally being released in November well over a year since his arc ended. The big reason is they are releasing Z and Heroes things under the Super brand, it is beyond annoying for example a new HQ figure line (FES) was announced and only 1/8 figures so far is Super related...

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 pm

I wont be surprised if they gave up on Kale due to fan reaction, and Caulifla overshadowing her. Isnt Caulifla supposed to be have action figure that will come out in a group that has Veku, Gogeta, SSJ3 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:09 pm

I think the fact that they gave Kale Cure White's voice didn't help. It's too young sounding for her especially when you compare how she sounds next to Caulifla (Cure Passion).

It's not like Gokû and Krillin who grew up with their voices.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

I wont be surprised if they gave up on Kale due to fan reaction, and Caulifla overshadowing her. Isnt Caulifla supposed to be have action figure that will come out in a group that has Veku, Gogeta, SSJ3 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta?
She's getting a WCF figure in the next announced batch, so she and Kale each have one. From what I've seen, Kale and Caulifla have had pretty positive reception over all. They both get lots of fan-art and their own banner on Dokkan with some pretty OP cards. It's probably just toy manufacturers being slow. If I recall it took a while for some of the U6 guys to get figures too.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:About the Gohan or Goku beating Jiren, I think it will go this way: Goku unlocks his new form and defeats Jiren, after the battle he is left really exhausted and unable to keep fighting, while Gohan and some others fighters from U7 are still on the ring (Vegeta, Frieza, Roshi, 17, 18 and Piccolo) whatever, while Goku is out of combat he will be taken out by Frieza or Frost (plotting with Frieza)

After Goku is defeated, team U7 will suffer a heavy morale blow because they lost their strongest fighter and their 2nd strongest fighter has betrayed them, not only they will have to face against the likes of Toppo, Hit, Kale, Dypso, Cabba, Frost and Ribrianne, but will have to go against Frieza also.

Gohan will have to fulfill his role as a team leader to raise the morale of his team and make them overcome the power gap
If that happens, I could see Frost and Freeza fighting each other at the end. One of them will turn against each other later on.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: She's getting a WCF figure in the next announced batch, so she and Kale each have one. From what I've seen, Kale and Caulifla have had pretty positive reception over all. They both get lots of fan-art and their own banner on Dokkan with some pretty OP cards. It's probably just toy manufacturers being slow. If I recall it took a while for some of the U6 guys to get figures too.
Are there images of the Caulifla figure?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: She's getting a WCF figure in the next announced batch, so she and Kale each have one. From what I've seen, Kale and Caulifla have had pretty positive reception over all. They both get lots of fan-art and their own banner on Dokkan with some pretty OP cards. It's probably just toy manufacturers being slow. If I recall it took a while for some of the U6 guys to get figures too.
Are there images of the Caulifla figure?
Not yet. Baggie_Saiyan just posted the figure list for her wave over in the merchandise thread. She's in the Saiyan Bravery Vol. 2 set which consists of Caulifla, SS4 Vegeta, Veku, Gogeta and Kid SS3 Goku.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 pm

"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Can someone explain the joke

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/907383404781387777
There are badly edited screenshots making the rounds on twitter showing Vegeta in the stands by Tien and people keep asking if they're real.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 pm

They unintentionally(?) gave Vegeta comically long thighs in the fake screenshot so it was really easy to debunk.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Where can I find this fake image?
:clap:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Yomi wrote:Where can I find this fake image?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 pm

That's it!

I originally saw it in Ajay's Twitter feed, but couldn't find it again.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 am

Simere wrote:
So this is what happens when Dragon Ball is gone for a week.
:clap:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 am

Totally on board with the screenshot..
Joke or not, Vegeta sitting on his ass in the sidelines ( literally this time ) watching Goku fight will be hilarious
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:50 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Totally on board with the screenshot..
Joke or not, Vegeta sitting on his ass in the sidelines ( literally this time ) watching Goku fight will be hilarious
It may be hilarious but what will follow after it will definitely not be funny in the slightest.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Hawk9211 wrote: It may be hilarious but what will follow after it will definitely not be funny in the slightest.
Yeah I don't get people who want to endure weeks of whining and bitching from extremist Vegeta fans.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Yedis wrote:Yeah I don't get people who want to endure weeks of whining and bitching from extremist Vegeta fans.
If it's not Vegeta fans it'll just be someone else.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 pm

There's comedy gold for Team4Star in that one picture. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.