"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:52 pm

I now have %100 faith that the music in this game is gonna be FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!

I already love Blaz Blu's sound track and the Music in this Vegeta vid was getting me so pumped!!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I now have %100 faith that the music in this game is gonna be FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!

I already love BlazBlue's sound track and the Music in this Vegeta vid was getting me so pumped!!
Dasuke Ishiwatari-san is a good composer. Right. But is music in DBFZ composed by Ishiwatari-san?

Some gamepaly video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKXT2Kso1PQ

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:20 pm

So a little more then a week, and we will have new stuff about this game... Why? Because it's the closed beta, and I'm pretty sure that people will start data mining the beta build as they always does, and find something that we weren't aware of yet.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Btw, what characters do you like to play in beta so much?

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I now have %100 faith that the music in this game is gonna be FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!

I already love BlazBlue's sound track and the Music in this Vegeta vid was getting me so pumped!!
Dasuke Ishiwatari-san is a good composer. Right. But is music in DBFZ composed by Ishiwatari-san?

He said in an interview that he's not involved in this game, just gives some small advice: http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/18/shoryuk ... tem-works/

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm

EA575 wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:

He said in an interview that he's not involved in this game, just gives some small advice: http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/18/shoryuk ... tem-works/
ArcSys have one of the greatest sound teams ever. To exemplify, Ishiwatari wasn't in Hokuto no Ken, and the OST is still one of my favorites! Check this song to understand what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/JBv_fo_rtWk
Dragon Ball FighterZ will be no exception. Even only excerpts from the songs are making me have goosebumps

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm sure that music will be OK in the game. I just doubt that music depends on ArcSys.

Some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapvkaS5EJc

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Thank god, cause I think the last DBZ game that had decent music was Raging Blast 2
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:25 am

That, the game is seems like has split to heroes and villains in the roster, bugs me now. It is obvious, Dragon Ball has more villains than heroes, especially, if count movies too.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:That, the game is seems like has split to heroes and villains in the roster, bugs me now. It is obvious, Dragon Ball has more villains than heroes, especially, if count movies too.
Not if the roster is about 18-24 characters.

1) Goku SSJ
2) Vegeta SSJ
3) Piccolo
4) Trunks
5) Krillin
6) Tien
7) Gotenks
8 ) Yamcha
9) Hercule
10) Gohan SSJ2
11) Ultimate Gohan
12) Videl

1) Frieza
2) Perfect Cell
3) Majin Buu
4) 16
5) 18
6) Beerus
7) Ginyu
8 ) Dr Gero
9) Goku Black
10) Kid Buu
11) Broly
12) Darbura

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:52 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Not if the roster is about 18-24 characters.
I've tried to expirement with possible DLC, expansions. And I realised, that I cannot go further for heroes, but I still can for villains. For example, for hero side, Jaco and Mr.Satan come to my mind. And Tapion… Arale? Chi-Chi??? That's all. I cannot add more. Each next one seems worse. Maybe Califla and Kale? On other hand, for villain side, Janemba (cool mechanics), Towa, Mira, Zangya, Bojack, etc.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 am

I'd rather have Hit with his Time Skip instead of Ginyu who's moves are mostly just generic energy blasts not counting his body change move. Unless of course they make the whole Ginyu Force into one character, like they did with #18 & #17. That way he will be different enough.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 am

Even if they try to have a balance of heroes/villains in the base roster, that won't make me believe they'll care to maintain it going forward.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Not if the roster is about 18-24 characters.
I've tried to expirement with possible DLC, expansions. And I realised, that I cannot go further for heroes, but I still can for villains. For example, for hero side, Jaco and Mr.Satan come to my mind. And Tapion… Arale? Chi-Chi??? That's all. I cannot add more. Each next one seems worse. Maybe Califla and Kale? On other hand, for villain side, Janemba (cool mechanics), Towa, Mira, Zangya, Bojack, etc.
My guess is that in the sequels, especially if they're based on the Super era, characters like 17, 18, Majin Boo, Beerus and others will go to the side of heroes.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm

After playing a lot of hrs Persona 4 Arena today, I think, I want more characters that look broken in some way (kinda like Elizabeth, Naoto or Junpei). Currently we have only one, IMHO, Android #16 with his self destruction. Beerus's Hakai and Ginyu's body switch might work because it is 3vs3 game.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:After playing a lot of hrs Persona 4 Arena today, I think, I want more characters that look broken in some way (kinda like Elizabeth, Naoto or Junpei). Currently we have only one, IMHO, Android #16 with his self destruction. Beerus's Hakai and Ginyu's body switch might work because it is 3vs3 game.
As someone who Persona 4 Arena is my favourite fighting game, I have to agree. In P4A going up against characters like Labrys with her axe slash which does half a health bar of damage, Naoto with her Death counters, Elizabeth with her usage of what in the RPG's are the strongest spells, Junpei's batting system, Ken and Koromaru's tag gameplay. In P4A there are some very unique fighting styles and gameplay differences between characters, so far FighterZ seems to be playing it more traditional, with the only similar gameplay character style change being 18 and 17 which I hope play a lot like Ken and Koromaru.

Unfortunately Persona makes putting in unique characters easy, with Dragon Ball's cast it becomes harder to think of more unique styles. But I have faith in ArcSys that we haven't even seen the best yet.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Krilllin gameplay breakdown by Maximilian Dood: https://youtu.be/qWXv0E6oKJs

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Krilllin gameplay breakdown by Maximilian Dood: https://youtu.be/qWXv0E6oKJs
Disappointing breakdown. It looks pretty rushed. He clearly didn't have enough time with the character and this video instead of being informative, actually does the opposite. He paints the picture of wacky random Kuririn, which it's not the case.
That said the other breakdowns were pretty decent, although I wonder how much stuff he got wrong because he didn't have time to explore the characters.

Clarifying some things. The senzu bean/rocks isn't random, the producer said so in an interview at Gamescom posted in this thread.
Regarding the Ki blasts it was said in V-Jump that Kuririn can control them and I remember seeing this at the special stream before Gamescom, which Maximilian was a part of.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 am

LightBing wrote:Disappointing breakdown. It looks pretty rushed. He clearly didn't have enough time with the character and this video instead of being informative, actually does the opposite. He paints the picture of wacky random Kuririn, which it's not the case.
That said the other breakdowns were pretty decent, although I wonder how much stuff he got wrong because he didn't have time to explore the characters.

Clarifying some things. The senzu bean/rocks isn't random, the producer said so in an interview at Gamescom posted in this thread.
Regarding the Ki blasts it was said in V-Jump that Kuririn can control them and I remember seeing this at the special stream before Gamescom, which Maximilian was a part of.
Oh, I see. I hope we'll get more information, when beta out, and all misconceptions will dissapear.
For instance, I discovered in Under Night in-Birth, that Carmine can set up 3 blood puddles only 1 year after puchase of the game, lol. I thought he can set up only 2. And Carmine is my main.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am

The senzu/rocks are a pattern: 1 senzu then 3 rocks, and you can only throw up to 3 senzu a match. After that it's just rocks.

The straight shooting ki blasts are done by just pressing 5S, and you can do 5S again at any time before impact to turn them. 2S for the downshot.

This is what I've read from notes others have taken, anyway.