"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Whatever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
I actually disliked Cabba until Kale and Caulifa hit the scene. Now he's my favorite of the new saiyan by default for being the least offensive. :(
Funny, same story here. I just really dislike the tingling thing at the end of the day I think. Mainly because of that is all it took why didn't Goku use that to teach Gohan pre Cell Games? He had mastered transforming into SSJ at that point.
Saying why Goku didn't teach that to Gohan is like asking why he did not teach Piccolo the kaioken.
Or why kid Goku did not turn Super saiyan when Krillin got killed the 1st time,or why Vegeta did not reach Ssj2 when his son got killed.
No its not at all. One is a random technique and another is a very specific way to do a transformation.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Yomi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZErnk_A ... e=youtu.be

I just finished watching the extended Luffy VS Sanji promo. It's real good (and unintentionally comedic "Wha..?" at the beginning with them comparing it to stuff like Da Vinci's The Last Supper.
I never bought into the Luffy vs Sanji hype, the female crew members have pulled this crap before and Nose-boy.
Don't wanna spoil any anime only people but... it's not that big of a deal.

I'm a little worried that the Super special was made to fit with the one piece special. Makes me think the story was just hurried along to get Goku and Jiren fighting for this special.
The tournament has not been rushed and Goku vs Jiren is more than likely not the last big fight.
sintzu wrote:So how will this special fit in everything ? will it be episode 108 then the special then episode 109 or episode 108 followed by the special then episode 112 ?
The special is episodes 109 and 110.
omaro34 wrote:If Freeza takes out any of the U7 guys he should be automatically considered a traitor. And for some reason I have a bad feeling on who it'll be.... :(
Frieza could take out Gohan and maybe this causes Goku to get angry and then causes Goku to transform.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:43 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Whatever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Funny, same story here. I just really dislike the tingling thing at the end of the day I think. Mainly because of that is all it took why didn't Goku use that to teach Gohan pre Cell Games? He had mastered transforming into SSJ at that point.
Saying why Goku didn't teach that to Gohan is like asking why he did not teach Piccolo the kaioken.
Or why kid Goku did not turn Super saiyan when Krillin got killed the 1st time,or why Vegeta did not reach Ssj2 when his son got killed.
No its not at all. One is a random technique and another is a very specific way to do a transformation.
Because that's not how the transformation is done ? Caulifla is a genius at this stuff. More than any Saiyan before her. They even showed Kale failing at being able to transform that way. What else do you people want ? It's not that the super Saiyan transformation is made less special, it's that caulifla is made more special.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:44 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:I can't understand why they're hyping up One Piece by showing us a several minute video of pure clips, while no such thing is being done for Super and it's special! That sucks.. bad marketing Toei.
The Super special is still 3 weeks away.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:44 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Whatever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Its the same thing.
Both questions boil down to the same thing.
Why Goku did not teach x person x thing?Because he did not bother for some reason,thats just all.

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:48 pm

sintzu wrote:So how will this special fit in everything ? will it be episode 108 then the special then episode 109 or episode 108 followed by the special then episode 112 ?
17/09 - Ep 107
24/09 - Ep 108
01/10 - One Piece Special
08/10 - Ep 109 and Ep 110
15/10 - Ep 111
22/10 - Ep 112

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:49 pm

I just finished watching the extended Luffy VS Sanji promo. It's real good (and unintentionally comedic "Wha..?" at the beginning with them comparing it to stuff like Da Vinci's The Last Supper.
Yea that was extremely excessive and pretentious, it was laughable really.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 pm

It was unintentionally hilarious. I'm not even that well versed in the topic, but even I know there aren't fisticuffs in The Last Supper. I feel like whoever decided on that chose it without knowing much about it other than how well known it is and there being one person who betrays the person they're following.
Yomi wrote:

I never bought into the Luffy vs Sanji hype, the female crew members have pulled this crap before and Nose-boy.

I'm a little worried that the Super special was made to fit with the one piece special. Makes me think the story was just hurried along to get Goku and Jiren fighting for this special.
I know it's not that big of a deal since we know that Sanji doesn't mean the things he says in that chapter, it's just
MasakoX quoting that one advertisement wrote:MARKETING!
since the anime version of this arc has been moving pretty slow. Lately I've been watching One Piece at double-speed and outside of the obvious voices it mostly helps.

I hope they didn't rearrange Super's current arc to have it match up with One Piece; I mean I guess we'll know one way or the other once the manga gets to that point, but that'll be ages from now. Even so I still find myself counting the weeks waiting for this Omni Tournament arc to be over with so Super can do something else.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm

They probably wanted stir up some controversy or something to attract some attention to the special. I don't have any problem with it, because it was funny on how they tried to make those comparisons to One Piece.
Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:

They just used a number of "Famous Betrayals".
Last Supper, Judas' Kiss, Caesar's Assassination, etc, etc...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Yomi wrote:
Highly unlikely, this One Piece special has likely been planned for a long time, so as soon as they started planing the tournament episodes they would have probably already known about this.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Yomi wrote:

Yeah, there's no way this fight will have the same emotional stakes and effects as Luffy VS Ussop.

Also, did they really just compare this to the fucking last supper? Seriously? I may not be the most read up on the latest arc due to taking a break from One Piece (I love One Piece, but there's so many damn episodes...), but the situation is in no way comparable.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:

Anybody remember when we got "Bolero" in Dragona Ball Kai? My jaw dropped when I heard that the first time :lol:
So yeah, not the first time we've had some odd combination.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Also, did they really just compare this to the fucking last supper? Seriously? I may not be the most read up on the latest arc due to taking a break from One Piece (I love One Piece, but there's so many damn episodes...), but the situation is in no way comparable.
Not only that, they also compare it to Caesar and Brutus, then 2 betrayals in Samurai history (I think they're famous).
THAT is way too much hype.
:clap:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I can't understand why they're hyping up One Piece by showing us a several minute video of pure clips, while no such thing is being done for Super and it's special! That sucks.. bad marketing Toei.
The Super special is still 3 weeks away.
Fair enough.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 pm

omaro34 wrote:If Freeza takes out any of the U7 guys he should be automatically considered a traitor. And for some reason I have a bad feeling on who it'll be.... :(
Would he really be that stupid though? I thought RoF was the apex of Freeza character stupidity. If he cooperates and U7 wins the tournament he get his wish or he thinks he's Top 1 in tournament and no one could mess with him? Now that would be beyond stupid.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:06 pm

If the Super special had gone first, Toei could've self referenced themselves by including a possible Freeza betrayal in their list in that One Piece ad.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm

You know, in the midst of all this special talk, I've noticed that Jiren only has 3 lines of dialogue total. I think they were "Get lost," "I got this," and "It's over." We know nothing about this guy. It's hard to get hyped about a potential match up when we know nothing about one of the characters. When Toppo was introduced, you could tell what type of personality he had right away. Jiren just seems "super duper strong and quiet." I'm still anticipating the special because I heard that the staff is going to be really great, but for now I don't really care about Jiren at all.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Oh I don't care about Jiren either. He's incredibly boring compared to Toppo and most of the other Pride Troopers.

Hyping a character before you give the audience a reason to be invested in them feels hollow.

Only thing I'm excited for in this special now is Gokû's new form.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm

I'm pretty excited for how cool the fight is going to be. But not for Jiren himself. At this point in time, as far as I'm concerned, Jiren is just the crash test dummy for Gokus new skills. I know Hit used to be in a similar position, but I just can't see what happened with Hit happening again. Though I'd love to be proven wrong and Jiren just does a 180.

They have to make us love him somehow, unless they're just going to bank on his strength alone. Which, if that's the case, he better do some pretty sick moves.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.