Can you remember the names of most of the TOP fighters without looking it up?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Can you remember the names of most of the TOP fighters without looking it up?

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Besides the big or important characters like Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo, all of Universe 6, etc....can you even remember the names of the other TOP fighters without looking them up?

After a few weeks after an ep airs, I completely forget their names and only remember their designs. So I say, "That wolf guy Krillin and 18 beat," or "that blue blob guy who attacked Dyspo" or "that robot guy that Tien blasted out," or "that strong fighter Gohan beat to knock out Gowasu's universe" or, "That cute maiden girl Roshi scared and she ran off the stage."

I literally would not remember their names unless I specifically looked it up. Do any of you for these random fighters?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Can you remember the names of most of the TOP fighters without looking it up?

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Seriously speaking, Maji=Kayo is the most memorable one.

:lol:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Can you remember the names of most of the TOP fighters without looking it up?

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Well it wasn't that long ago, so if they did anything at any point then I still remember them. Obuni, Shinso, Majora, Narrirama, Maji=Kayo, Caway, etc...

This might be a fun question to think back on once the Tournament is over though.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Yeah, everyone except the universe 3 robots.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Xeogran wrote:Seriously speaking, Maji=Kayo is the most memorable one.

:lol:

Why do people keep saying it as Maji equals Kayo. It's just MajiKayo. I remember a friend of mine telling me about a vid with Animelivereactions saying Maji equals Kayo which led him to say his name the same way. It's irks me for some reason lol.

I honestly at the moment can't even remember most of the U9 names lol.

-

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Absolutely not. There's so many of them I gave up pretty early. Going from the handful of arc specific faces in the Zamasu arc to "here's around 80 new characters" is too much.

I know Basil, Bergamo, and Lavender. Brianne de Chateau, Maji Kayo, Caulifla, Kale, Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren off the top of my head. That's it for ToP character names.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Well it wasn't that long ago, so if they did anything at any point then I still remember them. Obuni, Shinso, Majora, Narrirama, Maji=Kayo, Caway, etc...
Do you remember the name of the guy Piccolo beat? I wonder, lol.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I can remember most of them, the ones that had a decent amount of screentime (Kahseral), have a cool design (Ganos) or just a memorable name (Maji Kayo, The Preecho, Dr. Rota). I only have difficulties with the fighters who haven't done anything yet or the ones who were eliminated without fighting much (like most contestants from U9 and U10).

Off the top of my head:

[spoiler]Universe 2:
Ribrianne, Kakunsa, Rozie, Jimeze, Prum, Hermila, Vikal

Universe 3:
Narirama, Nigrisshi, Maji Kayo, The Preecho

Universe 4:
Ganos, Caway, Damon, Shosa, Majora, Nink

Universe 6 & 7: Duh

Universe 9:
Bergamo, Basil, Lavenda, Hop, Sorrel

Universe 10:
Obuni, Napapa, Murichim, Mechiop, Lilibeu

Universe 11:
Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo, Kahseral, Tupper, Cocotte, Kunshi[/spoiler]

54/80 isn't bad, I feel. I have a harder time remembering all of the Kaioshin and Angels (and even some of the Gods of Destruction) since they haven't done anything and don't speak much.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:19 pm

precita wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Well it wasn't that long ago, so if they did anything at any point then I still remember them. Obuni, Shinso, Majora, Narrirama, Maji=Kayo, Caway, etc...
Do you remember the name of the guy Piccolo beat? I wonder, lol.
DreadlocksMcgee. I'm almost positive that was it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Very Serious this are all the names Remember without looking them up at all right Now, but I have never been good at remembering names and my spelling may be off.

Also, not including the ones you said already. Again never the best speller;

Brainne De Cheatue/Ribrianne
San ku
Su/Rozie
Jimeze
Vikal
Coconut
Calway
Dr. Rota
Chappa
Basil
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 pm

precita wrote:Besides the big or important characters like Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo, all of Universe 6, etc....can you even remember the names of the other TOP fighters without looking them up?

After a few weeks after an ep airs, I completely forget their names and only remember their designs. So I say, "That wolf guy Krillin and 18 beat," or "that blue blob guy who attacked Dyspo" or "that robot guy that Tien blasted out," or "that strong fighter Gohan beat to knock out Gowasu's universe" or, "That cute maiden girl Roshi scared and she ran off the stage."

I literally would not remember their names unless I specifically looked it up. Do any of you for these random fighters?
You forgot MajiKayo this soon? lol.

I remember everyone who's done something in the tournament. The guys who haven't fought yet, I don't really know their names.
:clap:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I remember most of the remaining fighters. Including the ones who are already gone, no way. Out of sight, out of mind.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm

I can remember most of them actually. It's not hard to me when these characters have pretty distinct designs from one another.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:57 pm

What was the name of the vampire woman attacking Roshi? I don't remember.

What was the name of the magical girl that 17 knocked out? I don't remember.

What was the name of that big pig sumo wrestler guy that was beating up Kale, along with the red lobster guy? I don't remember.

What was the name of the cat girl from U9 who attacked Vegeta and called him handsome? I don't remember.

What was the name of of that sniper guy in the Tien episode? I have no idea.

How do you people remember? I don't know any of their names.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 pm

precita wrote:What was the name of the vampire woman attacking Roshi? I don't remember.

What was the name of the magical girl that 17 knocked out? I don't remember.

What was the name of that big pig sumo wrestler guy that was beating up Kale, along with the red lobster guy? I don't remember.

What was the name of the cat girl from U9 who attacked Vegeta and called him handsome? I don't remember.

What was the name of of that sniper guy in the Tien episode? I have no idea.

How do you people remember? I don't know any of their names.
Dracula
Kunkunsa
Nappapa, and Zoidberg
Hop (it still vexes me that the Bunny wasn't named Hop.)
Beaky Mc Beakface.

I didn't look these up so 1 or 2 might be off.

But yeah, I see what you mean. I retract my earlier claim of knowing them all.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Off the top of my head...

Universe 2: Ribrianne, Jimeze, Rozie, Kakunsa, Vikal

Universe 3: Maji Kayo, Nigrishi, Narirama, The Preacher, Pepperoni

Universe 4: Majora ('s Mask), Damon, Ganos, Nink(?)

Universe 6: Hit, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, Botamo, Magetta, Frost, Dr. Rota

Universe 7: All

Universe 9: Basil, Lavendar, Bergamo, Hop

Universe 10: Obuni, Napapa, Murichim

Universe 11: Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Kunchi, Kahseral, Tupper, Cocotte, Vuon

I know 47/80 names right now.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Nope. I'm terrible with remembering names. I mean, I know the teams for Universe 7 and 6, but the rest, I'm drawing many blanks.

MasterofSix

Post by MasterofSix » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Let's give this a whirl...

Universe 2: Brianne/Ribrianne, Sanka Ku, Kankunsa, Rosie, Jimmies, Vikal, Zirloin
Universe 3: The Preecho, Maji Kayo, Nanirama, Nigrisshi, Paparoni
Universe 4: Ganos, Shosa, Majora, Damon,Cawey, Nink
Universe 6: Hit, Caulifla, Cabba, Kale, Saonel, Pilina, Dr. Rota, Botamo, Frost, and Magetta
Universe 7: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Master Roshi, Tien Shinhan, Android 17, Android 18, and Frieza
Universe 9: Basil, Bergamo, Lavenda, Sorrel, Hop, Oregano
Universe 10: Napapa, Lilibeu, Obuni
Universe 11: Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Kahseral, Tupper, Cocotte, Kunshi, Vuon

So, 55 out of 80. I guess that's not too bad.

Edit: Forgot about Muchirim.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Nope. Excluding U7 I could barely remember 15.

Cabba, Kale, Cauli, Hit, Botamo, Magetta, Frost, Jiren, Toppo, Dypso, Brianne, Bergamo, Lavender and Basil.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:01 am

Nope, Apart from the 5 u6 characters we knew from before, the 3 wolves and the remaining 3 u11 fighters they're all forgettable. I don't even remember their designs or who and how they were beat.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.