"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 pm

alakazam^ wrote:They're fighting to see who's the strongest.

Vermoud says: "It's not like Beers is the only opponent, is it? Only one can be the strongest, this isn't the time to be helping each other."
Rooting for Liquir. GO FOXY GO! BE THE STRONGEST!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Draconic wrote:This fight is probably the way they'll determine what Universes are going to participate in the Tournament of Power. Sidra goes out first, so Universe 9 is considered the weakest, Beerus and Champa next and the last one out will be Vermoud. The other 4 are then going to be excused. Pretty cool thing to do, I may say.
Nah, i'm sure that the mortal level universes is not only a Toei thing.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Namz wrote:

Vermoud says: "It's not like Beers is the only opponent, is it? Only one can be the strongest, this isn't the time to be helping each other."
Lol of course they all attack Beerus at the same time cause they clearly don't know who's the strongest
They attack Beerus because Goku is the reason this whole thing is happening

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you. Wow, you just can't help but to laugh at the jealous who always judge the chap before content.
There is just an eternal bias cause the manga is good and a stated fact that it is continuity/canon of Super by Toriyama and Toyotaro themselves.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Legion wrote:
Draconic wrote:This fight is probably the way they'll determine what Universes are going to participate in the Tournament of Power. Sidra goes out first, so Universe 9 is considered the weakest, Beerus and Champa next and the last one out will be Vermoud. The other 4 are then going to be excused. Pretty cool thing to do, I may say.
Nah, i'm sure that the mortal level universes is not only a Toei thing.
I'm interested to see for sure so the translations going to be critical. But I did find it incredibly suspicious that we never got a hard definition for what calculates AML and why sometimes it felt like they were talking about power and others where about other measurements.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Miracles wrote:

Thank you. Wow, you just can't help but to laugh at the jealous who always judge the chap before content.
There is just an eternal bias cause the manga is good and a stated fact that it is continuity/canon of Super by Toriyama and Toyotaro themselves.
What are you talking about? Jealous of what exactly? :wtf: I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.
:clap:

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Lmao wtf is Toyotaro doing? Beerus easily dodging attack from all other GoDs at once sounds like something that you want find in a bad fanfic. I hope that the translations can make this look better, and if Beerus really is just that much better than all of the other GoDs, then I would have to say that the anime is indeed better than the manga

I've heard that Toyotaro is a massive Saiyan wanker, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made Beerus, the GoD who can no diff Goku and Vegeta, into the strongest GoD with none of the others even coming close to him. Fortunately, none of this is canon to the anime.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Lmao wtf is Toyotaro doing? Beerus easily dodging attack from all other GoDs at once sounds like something that you want find in a bad fanfic. I hope that the translations can make this look better, and if Beerus really is just that much better than all of the other GoDs, then I would have to say that the anime is indeed better than the manga

I've heard that Toyotaro is a massive Saiyan wanker, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made Beerus, the GoD who can no diff Goku and Vegeta, into the strongest GoD with none of the others even coming close to him. Fortunately, none of this is canon to the anime.
It is, however, canon to it's own timeline

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:25 am

Yomi wrote:What are you talking about? Jealous of what exactly? :wtf: I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.
They are upset how well the manga has been. And that it is Toriyama's story. So they unjustly attack it.
Look at these supposed developments they are whining about without even a full understanding.
That is automatic bias, trying to find fault without the full facts.
Last edited by Miracles on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:41 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Lmao wtf is Toyotaro doing? Beerus easily dodging attack from all other GoDs at once sounds like something that you want find in a bad fanfic. I hope that the translations can make this look better, and if Beerus really is just that much better than all of the other GoDs, then I would have to say that the anime is indeed better than the manga

Lo and behold! Congratulations, you made a post that pretty much epitomizes the problems of this thread.

How about, wait for it, "I wouldn't like this"? Instead of "I don't like it = it makes it bad"? That would make a better discussion, theoretically.
These type of remarks that something is better only if it conforms to your expectations (in this case of power levels) are really indigestible for anyone who reads it. There wasn't any comparison drawn between Beerus and the other gods so far, he could be ten times stronger than everyone else and it wouldn't break anything in the story.

You don't like it? No problem. It doesn't make the story "suck" just because you wanted a God or two to be stronger than Beerus, assuming they all are weaker.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:13 am

Miracles wrote:
Yomi wrote:What are you talking about? Jealous of what exactly? :wtf: I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.
They are upset how well the manga has been. And that it is Toriyama's story. So they unjustly attack it.
Look at these supposed developments they are whining about without even a full understanding.
That is automatic bias, trying to find fault without the full facts.
Why would anyone in their right mind attach their ego to the quality of some random Japanese mango they have no involvement in?

Man, people always jump to conclusions on the internet. I remember when Caulifla was "going to go SSB in episode 100". Which caused 82 buckets of salt to rain down on the internet for a month.
:clap:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:29 am

Grand priest says that real fighting will be beginning at the end of chapter.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 am

I'm reserving judgment until the full chapters out.

However I've looked around and found an image of the gods post Beerus blasting them. Sidra is able to block Beerus's attack on his own. So while Beerus is doing well it's not total wank if one of the weaker gods can stop his attack.

Also I love this darker version of Belmod. That cheap shot on Sidra was priceless!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 am

Lord Frieza wrote:I'm reserving judgment until the full chapters out.

However I've looked around and found an image of the gods post Beerus blasting them. Sidra is able to block Beerus's attack on his own. So while Beerus is doing well it's not total wank if one of the weaker gods can stop his attack.

Also I love this darker version of Belmod. That cheap shot on Sidra was priceless!
The thing is Sindra not only blocked his attack with one-hand without much effort, he was able to protect all the other Gods simultaneously. This isn't like SSJ3 Goku vs Beerus differences in power.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

I knew Toyo would deliver when it comes to fights! now that is how you start a damn rumble!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

This much salt is not healthy.

I like how cat like Beerus acts in this chapter :lol: And it seems we'll see some fun dynamic between the mouse god and Beerus

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:14 pm

By TheDevilsCorpse
The two Zeno have the conversation to reduce things down to four Universes before he ever shows up at their palace in this chapter.
Gowasu and Rumoosh are in the process of discussing Zamasu's mistakes when the Grand Priest calls them.
Rumoosh is pissed that they got help from Beerus to solve the problem, as he hates him the most out of the other Hakaishin.
Vermoud has apparently been a Hakaishin for 87,910,715 days (slightly over 240,851 Earth years). The clown party is to celebrate that.
Everyone hates Beerus :wtf: :lol:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Quite surprising, from the looks of it Beerus was owning them almost effortlessly.
I also like how the manga shows Beerus fighting, just a chapter ago he was fighting Vegeta, now we see all the hakaishins fight, not just 3, I must say this chapter was quite the treat.
While the previous chapter was a big letdown on how ToP started compared to the anime, this chapter alone is already way better than the anime (I assume this is the manga ver of the Zen Match) for having all the GoDs go at it,

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:59 pm

According to twitter, the 2 zenos were already discussing reducing the universe to 4 before Goku even got there.

So Goku, isn't even remotely responsible.

Toriyama, what did you want here? This is nowhere near the same thing. Like I knew the plotlines were vague now I don't even think they are outlines.

Just things he wants to happen.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Totamo wrote:According to twitter, the 2 zenos were already discussing reducing the universe to 4 before Goku even got there.

So Goku, isn't even remotely responsible.

Toriyama, what did you want here? This is nowhere near the same thing. Like I knew the plotlines were vague now I don't even think they are outlines.

Just things he wants to happen.
It seems to me like Toriyama wanted Goku to be responsible to show the 'poison' part of his character but then Toei/Toyotaro or even Toriyama himself thought it was too much and got cold feet on the matter.