Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Post by Pluto » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:03 am

MajinMan wrote:He's more sneaky than Freeza. He's a much bigger liar and two-faced. He's willing to work with his teammates, something Freeza has not done or shown to care about. He's smarter than Freeza is, at least I think so. Then there was that whole business scheme he had wher ehe pretended to be a good guy, something Freeza would also never do.

I did say that they are similar too, so I'm not saying that they're completely different. I just like all the small differences between them.
If i'm not wrong, NEP shows Frost backstabbing Freeza with a Ki launch, making him a bigger snitch then Freeza itself. Highly doubtful that Freeza wont expect something from him though.

IMO, Frost is a lot more efficient, he used politics to conquer and not tyranny. He did tyranny in the background, just so he can solve the shit himself and ease his way past obstacles. He has no problems advancing other races as long as he can keep his shit safe.
Freeza on the other hand has a threshold of whats safe to him.

One is Brute, the other is (was) Diplomatic. And it's so strange now cause the diplomats face has been uncovered during the U6 tournament, and now he has to listen to stuff and actually bribe his way to success, while the other one is clearly becoming diplomatic with the gods.

Overall, they're the same coin, but different sides :).
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 am

Can I ask... why, instead of using Mafuba to hit a little bottle, don't aim it directly outside the arena? :mrgreen:

PS: About the episode... good, I liked it.
However maybe some parts were a bit too much predictable. The episode title itself spoilered here was a trap (and maybe spoilers in episode titles are relatively common in this arc). And they hinted too much what Frost was planning, so much that it sounds strange that Roshi and Vegeta actually got in his trap. Of course, Muten and Vegeta cannot hear Frost thoughts, but again, the audience understood that Frost would have used Mafuba against Vegeta since when Frost looked at the bottle just after seeing Vegeta, minutes before actually doing it. What happened was okay, but was too much "revealed in advance". Maybe it's due to being a kids' show.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:11 am

Frost has yet to demonstrate the same kind of extreme sociopathy and psychotic obsession that made Freeza pursue Goku to the farthest reaches of the galaxy the first chance he got. Such thoughts don't necessarily cloud Frost's judgement like they do with the U7 tyrant, even though he does make it a point to put Vegeta in his crosshairs so he can avenge himself for what happened when they last confronted each other. If Freeza were in the position that Frost was in this episode, I suspect he would have meandered about brutally torturing Roshi followed by Vegeta for quite a bit of time. More than anything, Freeza likes to delight himself in the agony of those whom he subjects to his methods. We saw this happen with complete strangers whom Freeza would have had no personal connection to. Frost sported a satisfied smile as he was pressing his foot into Roshi's shoulder, but immediately afterwards he clarified how the old hermit would be thrown out of bounds fairly quickly. Roselle had to literally throw himself off the stage to escape Freeza's torturous shenanigans.

If Freeza is a 9.5 on the "evil metre", Frost would be a 6.5 or 7. The worst thing he did this episode was try to lobotomise Roshi. We saw Maji Kayo tease Dyspo with the idea of mutilating him with a gigantic pair of scissors as he was chuckling to himself. Dyspo even exclaimed how he was mentally unstable. One is a pariah in his society while the other is subsequently treated like a disappointing child who should be scolded on the hand of their Kaioshin.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:51 am

Gig wrote:Can I ask... why, instead of using Mafuba to hit a little bottle, don't aim it directly outside the arena? :mrgreen:

PS: About the episode... good, I liked it.
However maybe some parts were a bit too much predictable. The episode title itself spoilered here was a trap (and maybe spoilers in episode titles are relatively common in this arc). And they hinted too much what Frost was planning, so much that it sounds strange that Roshi and Vegeta actually got in his trap. Of course, Muten and Vegeta cannot hear Frost thoughts, but again, the audience understood that Frost would have used Mafuba against Vegeta since when Frost looked at the bottle just after seeing Vegeta, minutes before actually doing it. What happened was okay, but was too much "revealed in advance". Maybe it's due to being a kids' show.
I've been wondering that too about the mafuba honestly.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 pm

I think it would have been cool if Vegeta was somehow able to get out himself but on hindsight that probably wouldn't have been the best idea. Because once a Vegeta gets out it would mean others would figure out a way too making Mafuba pretty much ineffective.

Still I think they should have kept him in there a bit longer to drive up suspense and drama but oh well. I am definitely happy he wasn't knocked out from the competition early. Thank you Master Roshi!

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Eh they could have done something unexpected with this tournament for once and have Vegeta and Roshi be eliminated one after the other making Frost's plan lead to something. Not much of a revenge of F if I do say so myself. Also 9 eliminations for Vegeta. :roll:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote:Eh they could have done something unexpected with this tournament for once and have Vegeta and Roshi be eliminated one after the other making Frost's plan lead to something. Not much of a revenge of F if I do say so myself. Also 9 eliminations for Vegeta. :roll:
I wouldn't like Vegeta to be eliminated yet, but I agree. This episode title was quite dumb... I mean what revenge? Frost accomplished nothing in this episode.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:45 am

Noah wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:Eh they could have done something unexpected with this tournament for once and have Vegeta and Roshi be eliminated one after the other making Frost's plan lead to something. Not much of a revenge of F if I do say so myself. Also 9 eliminations for Vegeta. :roll:
I wouldn't like Vegeta to be eliminated yet, but I agree. This episode title was quite dumb... I mean what revenge? Frost accomplished nothing in this episode.
Technically he was able to get Roshi to eliminate himself which was his initial goal from the start.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:30 am

Noah wrote:
The titles come off as click-bait sometimes. Like episode 99's title was something like "Kururin's raw power! Show it off!" and all that turned out to be was a smelly shoe...

Gohan's episode title was kinda the same way too tbh.

It's just their for hype I guess...
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:26 am

Shaqazooloo wrote:
Noah wrote:
The titles come off as click-bait sometimes. Like episode 99's title was something like "Kururin's raw power! Show it off!" and all that turned out to be was a smelly shoe...

Gohan's episode title was kinda the same way too tbh.

It's just their for hype I guess...
They do it very often. Although this episode was one of the best of the entire tournament. The sniper episode was named 'Deathmatch with an Invisible Fighter' and they made it look like people were actually in danger in the preview, then when the episode aired he was barely a challenge for anyone except damaging a few of Piccolo's arms. The false hype only bothers me when we have an episode like that where they totally wasted an opportunity to have a really powerful energy sniping character.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 am

How can Toei do such an amazing job with handling Roshi centered episodes but suck at Tien's and the others, but then again, Roshi fucking deserved it! now that is a hell of a badass way to go, from the direction, fights and animation this ep was far beyond the others (probably close or on par with Roshi's other centered ep).
The actual only good episodes this ToP had were ep where Roshi was in.
Roshi earned Beerus' respect! now that right there was great character progression.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 am

why do people think frost is going to betray frieza? If he did, he would get wrecked quickly. This was a pretty good episode. Roshi got a huge power boost somehow, but that's super in a nutshell.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am

jplaya2023 wrote:why do people think frost is going to betray frieza?
Because the next episode preview shows Frieza walking away from Frost (leaving his back open) and Frost charging ki in his hand. But we know episode previews can (intentionally) be misleading, so maybe that ki will result aimed to someone else.

We do however know that both Frieza and Frost would have no problem to betray anyone, including their own universe or their own "alternate self" from another universe. And they both know that, even if they cooperate for some time, at the end only one of the two (at maximum) can avoid erasure.
We also know that Frieza is way stronger than Frost, but we don't know if Frost fully realized that. If Frost tries to backstab Frieza, I suppose he may regret it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:12 am

jplaya2023 wrote:why do people think frost is going to betray frieza? If he did, he would get wrecked quickly. This was a pretty good episode. Roshi got a huge power boost somehow, but that's super in a nutshell.
Frost doesn't know about Golden Frieza and it's not clear exactly how he stacks up against Final Form Frieza but they don't seem to be very far apart. Really it's just a matter of time until one backstabs the other.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Very good episode. I didn't buy Roshi pushing Frost back during that one moment, but Roshi has gotten a lot of love from the staff during this arc. Tenshinhan on the other hand, it has been like the writers want fans to not care about him. I have to appreciate what very little they did give him though - I mean, at least he's been making appearances throughout this series... right... ?

Roshi bowed out after an awesome showing, and Vegeta was great in this episode as well. Seeing those two kinda teaming up together is something that I never expected to see. I really hope to see Piccolo go far in this tournament together with Gohan, and not to be added to the "bald gang" next. It would be completely fine by me if Piccolo made it further than Goku for Team U7, even though we all know that Goku will get the best moment of the ToP in. Goku could then cheer on along with the other OG DB gang. But, I'm not sure that Super is bold enough to remove the franchise' most popular character from the ever-escalating fighting too early, even by some odd way. Then again, Super has done some things, and my ability at predicting could use some work. :lol:

Once the U6 Namekseijins appear, it'll be really interesting which way this all goes.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:. It would be completely fine by me if Piccolo made it further than Goku for Team U7, even though we all know that Goku will get the best moment of the ToP in. Goku could then cheer on along with the other OG DB gang. But, I'm not sure that Super is bold enough to remove the franchise' most popular character from the ever-escalating fighting too early, even by some odd way.
This would be REALLY interesting to see. Whilst I know it won't happen, how WOULD Goku cope with being sidelined? Granted, he took a back-seat in the Cell saga, but that was by HIS choosing, motivated mostly by a desire to see what Gohan could do if pushed far enough. However, he has no such motivation here - in fact, he's made it very clear that - to him - this is all about seeing how far he could push himself - and I have a difficult time believing that he would be content to just sit and watch.

And just to re-emphasise, I KNOW this isn't going to happen. Simply speculating.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm... actually starting to believe may be what's coming. Maybe. Goku is fighting Jiren seemingly in the middle of the tournament. It's very possible Goku gets his new form while 10 to 20 fighters are remaining, Gohan being one of them. Take a look at the NEP. When's the last time you saw Gohan's left arm crippled like that? The Goku and Jiren fight has heavy similarities between the Namek fight Goku had with Frieza that culminated in him using KKx20, that not being enough, and then gaining his first Super Saiyan transformation. What are the odds that Super goes even further with the nostalgia ride and has Gohan get his left arm crippled and then come out on top for the Z-Fighters against a big baddie with a huge upset? I'm not necessarily saying Gohan defeats Jiren, maybe Goku and Jiren are both out of the ring before the end of it, though, and Gohan finally makes good on his "team leader" status.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Ziegander wrote:I'm... actually starting to believe may be what's coming. Maybe. Goku is fighting Jiren seemingly in the middle of the tournament. It's very possible Goku gets his new form while 10 to 20 fighters are remaining, Gohan being one of them. Take a look at the NEP. When's the last time you saw Gohan's left arm crippled like that? The Goku and Jiren fight has heavy similarities between the Namek fight Goku had with Frieza that culminated in him using KKx20, that not being enough, and then gaining his first Super Saiyan transformation. What are the odds that Super goes even further with the nostalgia ride and has Gohan get his left arm crippled and then come out on top for the Z-Fighters against a big baddie with a huge upset? I'm not necessarily saying Gohan defeats Jiren, maybe Goku and Jiren are both out of the ring before the end of it, though, and Gohan finally makes good on his "team leader" status.
I'm hoping that Goku's form isn't enough to surpass Jiren only stalemate him, so Goku realises that Dyspo and Toppo are still in, relying on Gohan to eliminate the others whilst he can only tie.

Also if Roshi stayed in and died would frost have been DQ'ed?

since he gave Roshi a barrage of beams after his last Mafuba.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:why do people think frost is going to betray frieza? If he did, he would get wrecked quickly. This was a pretty good episode. Roshi got a huge power boost somehow, but that's super in a nutshell.
Frost doesn't know about Golden Frieza and it's not clear exactly how he stacks up against Final Form Frieza but they don't seem to be very far apart. Really it's just a matter of time until one backstabs the other.
Exactly, also both of them are pricks. I wouldn't be surprised if was all Freeza plan to join Frost, fake a betrayal and eliminate him in a sneak move.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:16 am

IGN only gave this ep a 7.2