"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm

The Hakaishins fighting in the manga is the manga version of Zeno Exhibition match.

Why would either Toei or Toyo go against Toriyamas outline?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:19 pm

All in all, the anime version of that scene was just quite vague.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

perucho1990 wrote:The Hakaishins fighting in the manga is the manga version of Zeno Exhibition match.

It isn't going against the outline IMO. My guess is the outline, much like many manga, doesn't include enough content to fill a story out and needs "extra" to flesh itself out in anime form.

There is a LOT more that goes into an anime vs a manga so differences should be expected.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 pm

I liked Toeis idea of the Zenos exhibition matches because we got to see Buu fight, sucks that we wont see him fight in the manga.

GodVegetto91 wrote:Do some people seriously believe one of those two U4 bugs is actually stronger than Jiren???!
Then why isnt Jiren main eventing the ToP Arc? Why would even Whis hype Universe 4?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:53 pm

If Damom & Gamisaras turn out to be that strong, then I'll be very pleasantly surprised. All this focus on Jiren, but there's now a slight chance he may not be the main deal of ToP after all.

I just want them to do something cool.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:57 pm

But that literally makes NO sense.

Why would a couple of bugs that need to hide be God-level? Nevermind Toriyama's troll tactics. Also, we saw one of 'em briefly in Episode 100 fighting one of the fodder without winning.
Feels over Reals.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:02 pm

RedHeat wrote:Also, we saw one of 'em briefly in Episode 100 fighting one of the fodder without winning.
What, really? Why would Toei do that...

smh, I think it's just a misunderstanding, there's no way any of them would be visible that early.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm

RedHeat wrote:But that literally makes NO sense.

Why would a couple of bugs that need to hide be God-level? Nevermind Toriyama's troll tactics. Also, we saw one of 'em briefly in Episode 100 fighting one of the fodder without winning.
Xeogran wrote:If Damom & Gamisaras turn out to be that strong, then I'll be very pleasantly surprised. All this focus on Jiren, but there's now a slight chance he may not be the main deal of ToP after all.

I just want them to do something cool.
It wouldn't be a surprise if toei just told you.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Pics or didn't happen.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:08 pm

I smell fusion dance. Two physically identical warriors that aren't that impressive looking all on their own? Have we ever seen what metamoreans (or however the race that taught Goku the fusion dance are spelled) look like?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Sandubadear wrote:

Pics or didn't happen.
I thought it was at 0:08 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJjO0U24d8 but it turns out it's that weird cylinder robot with the yellow eyeballs instead. Whoops.
Feels over Reals.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Why would even Whis hype Universe 4?
For fun, probably.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Quitela won arm wrestling match against Beerus. Does it mean that Quitela is stronger than Beerus? I don't think so. So this "mortal stronger than god of destruction, who is stronger than Beerus" may not be stronger than Beerus.

Manga version of Zen Exhibition Match is not over. Maybe someone will beat Beerus (presumably Vermoud) and all in all Jiren will be this "mortal stronger than GoD (...)".

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Do we get any new info this week?
Also TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY :D
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Pacz360!!!!! :D :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: thank you

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 pm

vashter wrote:Does anyone think zeno is so damn weak? I mean I get he omnipotent all powerful without breaking a sweat, but fighting sense is really bad.. Of course beerus is the one stated that he doesn't fight but have insane power by a large margin. However, if zeno is really weak I bet Krillin ki blast would have kill him, and wonder what will happened?
He survived his own multiversal blast, something that wouldn't be possible if he was that weak.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 pm

"There is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat."

"That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus sama."

When Whis says "That God of Destruction", it's the same one he talked about in the previous sentence.

Whis is comparing the mortal to a specific god of destruction that happens to be stronger than beerus. Nothing in the statement would logically imply that said mortal and god come from the same universe. No reason that the mortal can't be jiren.

One way to make this easier to understand would be:

"There is a universe(Universe 11) where lives a mortal(Jiren) even a God of Destruction(Quitela) can't defeat."

"That God of Destruction(Quitela) happens to be stronger than Beerus sama."

Comparing the mortal and god is just a frame of reference to emphasize said mortals strength. Said mortal and god were not stated to be from the same universe.

"There is a universe where lives a mortal even Quitela can't beat and Quitela is stronger than Beerus."

That's basically what Whis is saying.

Loputousu

Post by Loputousu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Uh, maybe the reason Quitela couldn't defeat Damom was because he's so good at hiding, not because he's strong...?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm

perucho1990 wrote:The Hakaishins fighting in the manga is the manga version of Zeno Exhibition match.

Where's this outline you're referring to? I want to see it
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:"There is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat."

"That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus sama."

When Whis says "That God of Destruction", it's the same one he talked about in the previous sentence.

Whis is comparing the mortal to a specific god of destruction that happens to be stronger than beerus. Nothing in the statement would logically imply that said mortal and god come from the same universe. No reason that the mortal can't be jiren.

One way to make this easier to understand would be:

"There is a universe(Universe 11) where lives a mortal(Jiren) even a God of Destruction(Quitela) can't defeat."

"That God of Destruction(Quitela) happens to be stronger than Beerus sama."

Comparing the mortal and god is just a frame of reference to emphasize said mortals strength. Said mortal and god were not stated to be from the same universe.

"There is a universe where lives a mortal even Quitela can't beat and Quitela is stronger than Beerus."

That's basically what Whis is saying.
You Jiren hommers keep reaching :roll:

Vermoud showed no evidence of even knowing who Jiren was when Toppo first mentioned him. Or else he wouldn't of been so concerned about Toppo being able to handle Goku in the tournament.

Those references you used could be applied to ANY mortal in ANY universe. Why can't you just accept that Jiren is the poster antagonist this arc and that this mortal doesnt have to be him? He could easily be someone in a future arc.
How i predict the tournament will end:

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 pm

What are you even talking about? Nothing you said has anything to do with my post.

No, Whis' statement can't apply to every mortal since every mortal can't beat a god of destruction stronger than beerus