Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

dbzfan7 wrote:How exactly do you come back when you're erased completely. There is no soul, body, or anything. They don't exist in any form no more? Super Dragon Balls I guess....but even still.
I don't know but Zeno "erase" feels like people were teleported to somewhere, different from "Hakai" that we see their bodies losing matter until completely vanished;
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 am

Noah wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:How exactly do you come back when you're erased completely. There is no soul, body, or anything. They don't exist in any form no more? Super Dragon Balls I guess....but even still.
I don't know but Zeno "erase" feels like people were teleported to somewhere, different from "Hakai" that we see their bodies losing matter until completely vanished;
They're teleported to the multiverse's hottest sun.

Gruesome stuff, really.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am

Bullza wrote:It's probably because Z is done and you can watch the entire thing at your own pace but with Super being once a week and us all looking forward to seeing it and talking about it...
That's actually quite relevant. I remember when watching FTrunks episodes once a week I was disappointed by a LOT of things, but then, once I watched it all in one time, I thought it was one awesome arc. Also, back when I was watching Z on TV; it was a daily dub, so the wait wasn't that hard compared to a full week.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Bullza wrote:It's probably because Z is done and you can watch the entire thing at your own pace but with Super being once a week and us all looking forward to seeing it and talking about it...
That's actually quite relevant. I remember when watching FTrunks episodes once a week I was disappointed by a LOT of things, but then, once I watched it all in one time, I thought it was one awesome arc. Also, back when I was watching Z on TV; it was a daily dub, so the wait wasn't that hard compared to a full week.
True, I've noticed that as well. It goes as far as for me to say that the Battle of Gods saga felt tolerable once I got to watch one dubbed episode a day, whereas when it was on production, it felt extremely padded out and boring.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am

I admit I do think Super is the type of series that is better to marathon as it doesn't always feel like much happens from episode to episode but when you put it all together a lot has taken place. Plus when you marathon you can get to more exciting parts or characters that interest you more quickly.

Unfortunately though now that I am caught up I find it impossible to not watch episodes as soon as they come out

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am

Kinokima wrote:I admit I do think Super is the type of series that is better to marathon as it doesn't always feel like much happens from episode to episode but when you put it all together a lot has taken place. Plus when you marathon you can get to more exciting parts or characters that interest you more quickly.

Unfortunately though now that I am caught up I find it impossible to not watch episodes as soon as they come out
That's really the gist of many serialized franchises that are in the process of releasing episodes. From an episode-to-episode basis, it can be unbearable at times, but once rewatched as a whole, it works out much better for the most part.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Boo Machine wrote:The Super Dragonballs are said to have no limits. So if they wish for someone who was wiped from existence, soul, body, etc., to come back, then that is probably well within their power, no matter how outlandish it may sound to us. That's kind of the entire point of having no limit. You can wish for literally anything.

If it helps you can just call them the "Don't think about it too hard, it just works" balls.
Can you erase Zeno then? Hard to imagine something in the universe that can erase its creator but ok...

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:55 pm

gofishus wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:The Super Dragonballs are said to have no limits. So if they wish for someone who was wiped from existence, soul, body, etc., to come back, then that is probably well within their power, no matter how outlandish it may sound to us. That's kind of the entire point of having no limit. You can wish for literally anything.

If it helps you can just call them the "Don't think about it too hard, it just works" balls.
Can you erase Zeno then? Hard to imagine something in the universe that can erase its creator but ok...

Until it is said other wise, then sure. I don't see why not. No limit means no limit. You can't have "no limit with only a few exceptions". That defeats the entire point of having no limit.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Noah wrote:
Oh god you might be on to something. I can honestly see that being a plot point.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 am

Something interesting I noticed the NEP, in the zoomed out shot of the Spirit Bomb, Jiren has his arms up like he is getting ready to deflect it or something and then the next shot of the NEP he is facing the Spirit Bomb with his arms by the side, obviously the NEP is cutting from different scenes and not necessarily in order, so perhaps Jiren fires it back at Goku afterall and that explains the ripped clothes.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:09 pm

So Frost didn't amount to anything, what a shame, but it's not unexpected. His revenge failed and now he was tricked like a naive little boy. That doesn't say much for a guy who was supposed to be cunning. :| They must have forgotten about that part...

Also the point of showing the bulky forms was for merchandise reasons I'm assuming?
Last edited by Scorpio Kardia on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Noah wrote:I don't know but Zeno "erase" feels like people were teleported to somewhere, different from "Hakai" that we see their bodies losing matter until completely vanished.
The white hazy effect around the characters before they disappear is also different from what happened to Zamasu when he got erased. He didn't have the white glow, he just sort of...imploded. Might mean something, might not.

I was surprised to see Frieza counter Instant Transmission so easily, but didn't he indicate he was familiar with the technique back in RoF when he saw Goku pop in?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm

IGN gave this ep a 6.8 and said it was the weakest episode in a while:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/26/ ... ice-review

How many of you follow IGN's reviews?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 pm

precita wrote:IGN gave this ep a 6.8 and said it was the weakest episode in a while:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/26/ ... ice-review

How many of you follow IGN's reviews?
I don't follow them religiously but they tend to rate them pretty highly so I'm surprised at the 6.8. I can understand though. Gohan was acting out of character for refusing to become ultimate, Freeza didn't need an elaborate plan to beat frost, and it felt pretty drawn out in my opinion. I'd give it the same score.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:40 pm

IGN is a pretty major non-Dragonball site that reviews the series regularly. I can't think of any other sites that do this, it's mostly just fan-threads like places on reddit where forum people review, but not a site staff itself.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 pm

6.8 actually seems pretty accurate, not a great episode but still enjoyable. Would have been an easy 8 if they didn't screw up Gohan.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:15 am

Could people stop saying Spirit Bomb won't work on "pure" people or good people or whatever the fuck? Gohan didn't just stand there in the Saiyan arc and have the spirit bomb bounce back. he had to do it himself. Even Goku told him to do it. If he just stood there, it would've killed him. Christ, the spirit bomb was used to destroy a damn block at King Kai's planet. A BLOCK! So, it obviously can be used to destroy anything. Gonna say a block is good or has a pure soul? lol Come on. Toei doesn't need to explain anything. The spirit bomb could always be used as an attack on someone.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:Toei doesn't need to explain anything.
Don't worry they're fully aware of that lol

Nguyenkim

Post by Nguyenkim » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:57 am

I feel a lil disappointment for Gohan this ep!! He seems so weak and more stupid than he was.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
That's definitely part of it, but it doesn't help the feeling of important things getting rushed and spending a bunch of time with very little happening. Fights that should be more important like Gohan and Frieza and Frost was pretty rushed with barely anything fighting happening. I would rather a fight take multiple episodes and have lots of action going on then have it rushed as quickly as possible to the point of almost wasting characters like Frost.

I mean the fights are so short and inconsequential at times that people can't even tell who is stronger, there's no interesting fighting styles to examine because it's just over that fast. Unique abilities almost never matter either because of how fast the fights are over, mafuba is the only example of unique abilities using strategy over raw power.