GT was a goku ploy!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

GT was a goku ploy!

Post by Arugela » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Did anyone ever think maybe goku made an invisible wish to make the new dragon balls so he could fight shenron like he did with hiring hit... Maybe he just needed the background story to get everyone else to go along with it so he could enjoy himself. He might have even had pilaf wish him as a kid(To increase the challenge.). Or it was a legitimate accident that made something he thought would be easier harder and interfered with his little self centered journey. It would not be odd. Maybe GT is just the continued adventures of a really bored goku.

Is GT short for Goku Tired? As in tired of not having anyone to fight.

Mind you GT is now potentially going after all the stuff in DBS. How do you follow that for a goku?

Goku: Hey vegeta want to fight?
Vegeta: No.
Goku: Hey Gohan want to fight?
Gohan: Gee dad...
Goku: Hey Buu want to fight?
Buu: Huh?!
Goku: Hmmm, I know!

Maybe this is what he wishes for if he wins the tournament of power! He wishes for an adventure so he can keep enjoying himself. And endless adventure. And it start on earth at home and goes on into eternity. But nobody is allowed to remember he made the wish. Or the few people who do know about it just don't say anything. Cause they don't care. Like Vegeta.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

MaskedRider
Banned

Re: GT was a goku ploy!

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Sounds like a theory

A GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME THEEEEEEORY

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Shen-Long can't melt steel beams.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 pm

With how goku is acting in TOP it only makes sense he's getting something along the line of fight withdrawal symptoms. He's now against the new most powerful being in the universe(zeno and the angels). And literally fighting the max of all the universes. The man is obsessed with fighting. So, unless they justify his actions as a ploy in another way and it's not sincerely to get fighters then this is a pretty logical progression of thought. If this is his character purposely displayed then you have to ask, outside of the TOP not being the best of the best, how will goku cope. He's like a crack addict at the moment looking for a fix. The longer he waits the worse he seems to get. So if you try to assume GT is legit, since they added goku going to that extreme in DBS, this a potential logical road of thinking. Obviously he could be doing it all for a strategic reasons to prepare himself... But how much of which side of that coin is in control. :lol:

He may be doing this all for other reasons. But then again he could be doing it and making it look like he's doing it for other reasons. As goku is getting stronger and realizing he's running out of better things to fight(the central theme of dealing with goku since day 1 of dragon ball) he could be getting increasingly more desperate. That could be why he gets the eternity with his body. Those afterworlders are all probably used to fighting a lot and may enjoy it similarly. If not goku certainly is oriented in that direction.

Isn't that the point of the valkyries afterlife and similar afterworlds?

Edit: And Toryiama and company may deny this fact the till the end! ><
My fan art:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 am

I agree with this, actually, to the extent that Goku is a hyper-bored character in GT, the series being premised on a continuation where his ennui continues after training Oob. I don't think anything supports him intentionally instigating the Evil Dragons story line, but he is:

1) Continually willing to play around with weaker opponents for whatever small thrills they an offer

2) Much more willing to accept defeat against stronger enemies

And I do think it's something that adds extra dimension to the ending that the character who I believe was required to sacrifice himself to stop the Evil Dragons is the one most tired of normal existence anyway. (It helps it from feeling either completely messianic or tragic, neither of which are colors Goku or Dragon Ball wear well.)

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:06 am

The bizarre mystery at the ending of GT was meant to play on the emotions of fans by using several moments that would trigger strong emotional reactions in people. The problem then lies in that it really doesn't make much sense when you apply logic and reference the character's previous history in Z and GT.

Why do I state this? Well, the mystery there is also there for you to try to figure out what happened, but in truth, there is nothing of certainty. It's meant for the fans to create their own idea of what happened and leave people guessing forever. There is no answer as it was never written.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:15 am

You can tell Goku was pretty bored in general through GT. He really was the most powerful thing around so it’s not that surprising.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 am

Kokonoe wrote:The bizarre mystery at the ending of GT was meant to play on the emotions of fans by using several moments that would trigger strong emotional reactions in people. The problem then lies in that it really doesn't make much sense when you apply logic and reference the character's previous history in Z and GT.

Why do I state this? Well, the mystery there is also there for you to try to figure out what happened, but in truth, there is nothing of certainty. It's meant for the fans to create their own idea of what happened and leave people guessing forever. There is no answer as it was never written.
What lack of logic and what character histories make it a problem?

We know Goku is gone. He's dead. The exact nature of it isn't important. He's as dead as any dead person. He's gone as a result of a deal he made with Shen Long.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 am

I wonder if we will get a goku in the afterlife series at some point. Then they can do an earth series with the remaining z fighters to finish their lives and one with goku dead going on forever. Dragon Ball would never end then!

Dragon Ball AAD (Adventures after death)

and

Dragon Ball EAG (Earth after goku)

Heck, neither one of those would have to end. One is afterlife based and the other living universe based. And they both would have lots of existing material from games to play off of if they wanted to. Plus easy cross overs.

Although the names don't roll of the tongue exactly and the poor guy doing the opening credits would have to try to spue it out.

This time on, "DRAGON BALL AAD!"

Maybe he'd have to say them like the word, "add."

... I guess they could just continue super indefinetly and then make a second series called Dragon ball AL for afterlife. or just use it as one word and have dragon ball A!
My fan art: