Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:34 am

Cold Cobra nailed it.

I can't wait to play as SSJ3 in Saiyan armor!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:07 am

denitonis wrote:
Demi wrote:What are all the moves/transformations/costumes/differences known about early, mid and late Goku? I only just found out we're getting 3 grown up Gokus.
Well you can find some of the costumes in this chart:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=612145
but it seems like not all are known yet.
End of Z Goku and Teen Gohan have saiyan armor? anyone got any screenshots?

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:17 am

Adey wrote:I can't wait to play as SSJ3 in Saiyan armor!
Beat me to it. As silly as it may sound, i've always wanted to do Goku Vs Gohan both in Saiyan armour in the Alcoholic Time Chamber.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 am

Demi wrote:
Beat me to it. As silly as it may sound, i've always wanted to do Goku Vs Gohan both in Saiyan armour in the Alcoholic Time Chamber.
Speaking of the ROSAT, does anybody know why the game authors always try to make this room "better" than it was in the show (or in old 2D-games)?

I mean this whole northern lights-thing or similar attempts.
Why don't they just make a good old all-white ROSAT like it was in the show?
Wasn't one of the basics in the ROSAT that there was nothing but white?

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:36 am

Is Z-Search in this game?
All the videos I've seen don’t show the radar in the bottom right corner so does that mean that you cant have your opponent loose sight of you?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:43 am

Although are they counting night and day as separate stages? I'm guessing no but who knows.
They probably aren't, otherwise they'd be claiming to have 45+ stages.

Each stage seems to have a day, sunset and night version- even excluding Namek, 2 Ruined stages, RoSaT and the Kai planet, that still leaves 10 stages in BT2- even Planet seems to have variations now. Those stages alone would mean 30 stages + 5 unchanging ones to a total of 35 - then add desert, gohan's house and capital city, the number rises to 43+, and that's not including space and hell.

If they were including those variations in their count, they'd be claiming to have 45 stages, not 30.

All the videos I've seen don’t show the radar in the bottom right corner so does that mean that you cant have your opponent loose sight of you?
A few videos do show the opponent losing the lock. However, now you start locked, so there isn't a big focus on it anymore.
But Late Goku will have the other SSJ forms, if Spike wants to get their time version correct, Mid Goku with only SSJ will be a good Freeza to Cell Saga Goku while Late is the Buu Saga. Make more sense this way.
They can just lock those transformations in story mode, like they did in BT2's story mode during a first play through.

Cell Saga and Freeza Saga SSJ Goku really need to be different characters, due to all the differences (instant transmission, warp kamehameha, angry kamehameha).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:06 pm

kaioken12 wrote:
Speaking of the ROSAT, does anybody know why the game authors always try to make this room "better" than it was in the show (or in old 2D-games)?
'Cuz that would be pretty boring. The lights and special effects really compliment the weird, other-dimensional properties of the room well.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 pm

kaioken12 wrote: Speaking of the ROSAT, does anybody know why the game authors always try to make this room "better" than it was in the show (or in old 2D-games)?

That never actually crossed my mind, but that's right.
Think of the episode where Trunks flashes back to his time training with Vegeta in the ROSAT. He visualizes various elemental tribulations, eventually realizing that they weren't merely products of the Room, but Vegeta's manifest emotions. Point is, it'd be awesome if the level in the game started out as a white room, but changed the background into sheets of ice or walls of flame to go along with the action.
Neon Z wrote: Cell Saga and Freeza Saga SSJ Goku really need to be different characters, due to all the differences (instant transmission, warp kamehameha, angry kamehameha).
I'm guessing that's how they'll handle it. Goku's gi changes after the Freeza saga (no kanji, sash replaces belt), and that's reflected in the default costumes.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote: 'Cuz that would be pretty boring. The lights and special effects really compliment the weird, other-dimensional properties of the room well.
Err, yeah, but well, this room wasn't a very interesting place anyway, I mean, it just _was_ plain white (with sometimes changes) and it _was_ boring in that case - but it was never thought not to be.
That was one of the factors for the mental pressures in this room.
GizmoKSX wrote: That never actually crossed my mind, but that's right.
Think of the episode where Trunks flashes back to his time training with Vegeta in the ROSAT. He visualizes various elemental tribulations, eventually realizing that they weren't merely products of the Room, but Vegeta's manifest emotions. Point is, it'd be awesome if the level in the game started out as a white room, but changed the background into sheets of ice or walls of flame to go along with the action.
Right, that would be cool, too - I forgot writing about that, but yeah, that's what I meant ^^

As for the stages, it may seem "retarded" to count them this way (every daytime is a stage), but I am amazed by the fact that Spike didn't count every costume a new character :P

Well, in any case, BT3 will in every way be bigger than BT2 and I was in nearly every way pleased with BT2, so BT3 will be great, some bizarre counting or missing things more or less won't make it bad.
Argh, just can't wait any longer ;)

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:50 pm

kaioken12 wrote:Argh, just can't wait any longer ;)
I know! I can't believe there's still over a month to go...

The fact that I already paid for the game in full over a month ago isn't making the time go any faster either. :(
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Although are they counting night and day as separate stages? I'm guessing no but who knows.
They probably aren't, otherwise they'd be claiming to have 45+ stages.

Each stage seems to have a day, sunset and night version- even excluding Namek, 2 Ruined stages, RoSaT and the Kai planet, that still leaves 10 stages in BT2- even Planet seems to have variations now. Those stages alone would mean 30 stages + 5 unchanging ones to a total of 35 - then add desert, gohan's house and capital city, the number rises to 43+, and that's not including space and hell.

If they were including those variations in their count, they'd be claiming to have 45 stages, not 30.
From what I've seen yes, the 30 stages include the day/night stages in the count. Not every stage has day and night versions. Namek doesn't, nor does Hell, Space, or the RoSaT. If Spike had 45 stages in any way they'd be advertising that. Look how much they hype up their 161 'characters'.
gohanku wrote:But Late Goku will have the other SSJ forms, if Spike wants to get their time version correct, Mid Goku with only SSJ will be a good Freeza to Cell Saga Goku while Late is the Buu Saga. Make more sense this way.
Not really. SSJ Mid Goku has the 'Angry Kamehameha' as his ultimate, not the Warp Kamehameha, which Cell Games Goku would have. Also, SSJ Mid Goku has the early style SSJ hair he had from Namek and the early Android saga. I'm thinking it'll go like this: Early Goku - 23rd Budokai through Ginyu battle. Mid Goku - Freeza battle through start of RoSaT training. Late Goku - End of RoSaT training through Battle with Uub at the Budokai.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:54 pm

kaioken12 wrote:
Demi wrote:

They should add some of those fire and ice effects that came up a couple of times in the show. Sure, it would take some work, but it would be cool.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:16 pm

Just a question...What the hell is a "Big Tree Cannon"...? Anyone know? I still don't understand it.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Yeah, I've wondered what that could be supposed to mean too....does anyone know where to find a screenshot of the Japanese version with Trunks performing the move? I have one theory I've worked out about it being a mistake in translation, but it's very unlikely since they've managed to either translate or provide an equivalent for every other move in the game as far as I know...

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Just a question...What the hell is a "Big Tree Cannon"...? Anyone know? I still don't understand it.
I've always seen it a Trunk's version of the Final Flash but I don't know when/if he has used it.

Regarding the stages, is there any indication if they are larger than BT2's?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Just a question...What the hell is a "Big Tree Cannon"...? Anyone know? I still don't understand it.
Was that in text? My guess would be that it's "Victory Cannon" and is the attack that Trunks killed Cell with.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Yeah, but Kid Trunks is the one with that technique. Gotenks has it too.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
I've always seen it a Trunk's version of the Final Flash but I don't know when/if he has used it.

Regarding the stages, is there any indication if they are larger than BT2's?
They said the stages would be the same size in several interviews, but with greater detail and more stages.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
kaioken12 wrote:
'Cuz that would be pretty boring. The lights and special effects really compliment the weird, other-dimensional properties of the room well.
Agreed with Kaboom. I've played in a pretty accurate stage of the room in Ultimate Battle 22 and can say that I no doubt prefer the updated versions in the Ps2 games. Fighting in a white void...I dunno, just wouldn't be very attractive to my eyes. Maybe in something like an Evangelion game.
14 years later

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:12 pm

Hey dudes, sorry if this is old crap:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PEctuZu9DvI

I like the way Majin Vegeta works now :3