Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: And I think people overestimate how cruel and fickle Zeno is. Just ask him if it's okay and see if there's an option that makes him happy. Bergamo addressed him directly and he had no issues with it and he has likewise shown that he's fine with Goku talking to him on multiple occasions.

As for Beerus, he doesn't really get a say. The wish is what the winning fighter wants, not what the winning universe wants. If Beerus and Shin were doing their damn jobs like they should, Universe 7 wouldn't even be in this mess. They'd be free and clear. So, either keep the gods around and have them split the workload with Beerus and Shin since they clearly aren't doing things right, or just make them retire or resign. We know that they can.
I don't think the option would make Zen'o happy, otherwise he wouldn't be erasing universes to begin with. Zen'o also made that deal with Bergamo knowing he had no real chance of winning since Present Zen'o has seen Goku fight. Why do you think they told Goku not to hold back if they thought Bergamo posed a real threat to Goku to the point that Goku had to used his full power.

Again, why should Beerus and Shin take in the losers from other universes, including their gods. They had just an equal chance to survived and they blew it. All the lower universes are loser who didn't do their jobs, so it isn't like they're can look down on Shin and Beerus. And to be blunt, I don't think anyone in U7 give enough of care about the other universes and will probably listened to Beerus and Shin when they point out all the problems they will run into if they start smashing universes together.
Zeno was erasing universes because he thought there were too many and most of them weren't meeting standards. That's a point the anime and manga have in common so it's a good indication that's the real reason. If you leave Universe 7 as it is that does nothing to address the mortal development being well below standards (and worsening in the manga continuity). It goes from being the second worst of 12 to the worst of 5, and unless Shin and Beerus suddenly get a huge injection of hypercompetence and perform a miraculous turnaround, what's going to happen the next time Zeno is feeling antsy and decides he might have too many universes? Universe 7 surviving won't be down to Shin and Beerus, it'll be down to Goku and friends bailing their butts out of the fire.

Then you have the other point which which came up in this arc but has been hinted at in the RoF arc and all the way back to Jaco: Universe 7 is very barren when it comes to life, thanks again in large part to Shin and Beerus being too incompetent to do anything about Frieza and Buu. It leaves very narrow room for growth and development and it really hampers the storytelling potential of the universe as all the noteworthy warriors are present except for Buu and Uub, and the only real threat left to offer is...Frieza. There are the other four universes but we know jack squat about them to say what they might have to offer.

Of course, there's always the possibility that the tournament won't finish as expected too. I still think there's a decent chance U7 might lose somehow.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Zeno was erasing universes because he thought there were too many and most of them weren't meeting standards. That's a point the anime and manga have in common so it's a good indication that's the real reason. If you leave Universe 7 as it is that does nothing to address the mortal development being well below standards (and worsening in the manga continuity). It goes from being the second worst of 12 to the worst of 5, and unless Shin and Beerus suddenly get a huge injection of hypercompetence and perform a miraculous turnaround, what's going to happen the next time Zeno is feeling antsy and decides he might have too many universes? Universe 7 surviving won't be down to Shin and Beerus, it'll be down to Goku and friends bailing their butts out of the fire.

Then you have the other point which which came up in this arc but has been hinted at in the RoF arc and all the way back to Jaco: Universe 7 is very barren when it comes to life, thanks again in large part to Shin and Beerus being too incompetent to do anything about Frieza and Buu. It leaves very narrow room for growth and development and it really hampers the storytelling potential of the universe as all the noteworthy warriors are present except for Buu and Uub, and the only real threat left to offer is...Frieza. There are the other four universes but we know jack squat about them to say what they might have to offer.

Of course, there's always the possibility that the tournament won't finish as expected too. I still think there's a decent chance U7 might lose somehow.
All the universes are in the tourument because they suck and they all have equal chances of saving themselves. Things not changing doesn’t really matter if your solution is to dump all the failed trash in one place. Goku and the others are not response for U7 staying in Zen’o good grace. That isn’t their job.

How many planets do the other universes have compared to U7? It isn’t like we know how many planets have life in the other universes to compare how crappy U7 is. This is all fan assumption.

If U7 loses, no one is bringing their butts back because no one likes them and no one in U6 expressed any desire to bring anyone back. And that’s if U6 is the winner.

There is way too much assumption that anyone cares about the multiverse.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:45 pm

HeroR wrote:All the universes are in the tourument because they suck and they all have equal chances of saving themselves. Things not changing doesn’t really matter if your solution is to dump all the failed trash in one place. Goku and the others are not response for U7 staying in Zen’o good grace. That isn’t their job.

How many planets do the other universes have compared to U7? It isn’t like we know how many planets have life in the other universes to compare how crappy U7 is. This is all fan assumption.

If U7 loses, no one is bringing their butts back because no one likes them and no one in U6 expressed any desire to bring anyone back. And that’s if U6 is the winner.

All of those "trash" universe but one have a higher mortal level than Universe 7 and unless 9 is somehow worse than the other 7 combined, Universe 7's situation couldn't be made worse by adding them together.

Goku said himself in the 17 recruitment episodes that he can't stand innocent people and animals being erased, and that's what the Zenos are doing by the trillions. Gohan was shown to care as well when he saw Obuni's family getting photo getting erased. It's likewise an assumption that Zeno cannot or will not have his mind changed, or any reaction he might have once the story reaches that point since the subject has never come up in-story.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:49 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:Funny how Super Saiyan 3 was missed.
Guess Toei really do hate animating that form.
SSJ3 is just not a useful form. The Ki drain in that form is way too much and SSJ God is just strictly better.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Trickster wrote: Vegeta had a whole development arc between Cell and Boo Saga. That can be seen at the end of Cell, when he saw Trunks being murdered, and at the end of Boo, when he admited Goku was number one. Also in their interaction at EoZ.

Vegeta should be worried with Earth, its people and, above all, Bulma, Trunks and Bra, who he demonstrated a lot of concern since she was born.
-
My point is: one mistake does not justify another one. Toriyama missed in Yamcha before, but Vegeta is a much more expressive and important character, and DB became pretty much serious since Piccolo Daimaoh's Saga. Those kind of stuff should not happen anymore.
They shouldn`t but here and there they still do. Look at Goku, he`s still the same mountain child who understands little of human interactions and that according to the current Manga, fathered children without ever having kissed the mother of the same. It`s still early to tell but look how gullible and seemingly nonchallant he`s been written with entire universes at stake so far. If I recall, Vegeta regressed to his basic behaviour around his rival as soon GT was launched.

Look again at Yamcha, most glaringly with Toryama claiming he`s still currently shy around pretty women despite the decades he`s dated Bulma, the fangirls he`s had thrown at him and having a new girlfriend by the end of the Cell arc...nevermind the claim that he cheated on Bulma. This is the same creator who`s flat out forgotten about his own characters, It doesn`t make sense and it shouldn`t happen given that he`s not even head writer of the show but at this point it`s just a "eh so Toryama" chuckle from me.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:03 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
HeroR wrote:All the universes are in the tourument because they suck and they all have equal chances of saving themselves. Things not changing doesn’t really matter if your solution is to dump all the failed trash in one place. Goku and the others are not response for U7 staying in Zen’o good grace. That isn’t their job.

All of those "trash" universe but one have a higher mortal level than Universe 7 and unless 9 is somehow worse than the other 7 combined, Universe 7's situation couldn't be made worse by adding them together.

Goku said himself in the 17 recruitment episodes that he can't stand innocent people and animals being erased, and that's what the Zenos are doing by the trillions. Gohan was shown to care as well when he saw Obuni's family getting photo getting erased. It's likewise an assumption that Zeno cannot or will not have his mind changed, or any reaction he might have once the story reaches that point since the subject has never come up in-story.
Yeah, and they would still be trash of a higher caliber. We also don’t even know the ratings for the other lower universes. Only their order.

And Goku also said nothing about bringing people back or even a desire to do so. People are just assuming he will, which is why we got people calling Goku an asshole for thinking about using the Super Dragon Balls on his wife. He even offered the Super Dragon Balls to 17 to get him to join U7’s team, so he isn’t even that invested in the wish.

Gohan being sad for one person also doesn’t equal him wanting to bring people back since he doesn’t even seem to be trying for MVP.

As Goku said in Episode 99, Zen’o will is absolutes and if he wants to do something, he will.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Zagacious wrote:If you are calling Goku training for Namek and long fights fillers then I don't think you really understand what filler is as it was a huge part of the series even back to DB. Compare those long fights to what we have now where fights are only a couple minutes at most with a ton of essentially filler stuff thrown in.
I'm talking about actual filler, content that wasn't in the manga. Goku did train on spaceship going to Namek and that's not filler but his ship heading into the sun or his ship going through a magnetic storm and a bunch of other times they cut to him they just weren't in the manga.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:18 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Venus wrote:Now that I think about it, there is a good chance that we are going to see the U6 Namekians soon, because of the upcoming U3 episode, we got a shot of them "fighting?" two of the U3 fighters, so we might get to see them already.

Or maybe Hit loses to Jiren, get's trown out, Champa freaks out, but Vados reminds him of "that" pair, Champa does a sinister smile, and we get a close shot of the U6 Namekians just before the ending.
That'd be a nice way to hype the Namekians.
Ever since we knew Hit vs Jiren was happening I have had that exact scene Venus mentioned in my head. It probably means it won't happen now. I do think that Hit will be knocked out though so they make everyone think it is over for Universe 6.
Honestly, I love Hitto, but I do want him going out. Problem is, they seem to want to keep people around so I have my doubts about him being eliminated. But I do want him to leave after 111 and a fight with Jiren is as good as it's going to get for Hitto. I don't see Hitto beating Jiren either as I'm fairly confident Goku is going to get a rematch with Jiren.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Yeah, and they would still be trash of a higher caliber. We also don’t even know the ratings for the other lower universes. Only their order.

And Goku also said nothing about bringing people back or even a desire to do so. People are just assuming he will, which is why we got people calling Goku an asshole for thinking about using the Super Dragon Balls on his wife. He even offered the Super Dragon Balls to 17 to get him to join U7’s team, so he isn’t even that invested in the wish.

Gohan being sad for one person also doesn’t equal him wanting to bring people back since he doesn’t even seem to be trying for MVP.

As Goku said in Episode 99, Zen’o will is absolutes and if he wants to do something, he will.
How about we just agree to disagree on this? We're not getting anywhere and what this argument eventually circles back to is what anyone will ask for and what Zeno will or won't allow, neither of which can be predicted at this stage in the game. Especially not Zeno who keeps bending his own rules when he finds something amusing.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That'd be a nice way to hype the Namekians.
Ever since we knew Hit vs Jiren was happening I have had that exact scene Venus mentioned in my head. It probably means it won't happen now. I do think that Hit will be knocked out though so they make everyone think it is over for Universe 6.
Honestly, I love Hitto, but I do want him going out. Problem is, they seem to want to keep people around so I have my doubts about him being eliminated. But I do want him to leave after 111 and a fight with Jiren is as good as it's going to get for Hitto. I don't see Hitto beating Jiren either as I'm fairly confident Goku is going to get a rematch with Jiren.
That is get annoying now that they have these 'big' fights with 'big' fighters but no one gets eliminated. It makes no sense to me and what is the point of it apart from extending the tournament. All we are going to get is a bunch of rematches.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:33 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
That is get annoying now that they have these 'big' fights with 'big' fighters but no one gets eliminated. It makes no sense to me and what is the point of it apart from extending the tournament. All we are going to get is a bunch of rematches.
You've answered you're own question, these guys are best of the best they're not easily gonna get KO'd, these guys aren't gonna be sloppy like Tien or Kirllin or stupid like Frost.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:P.S.: I SINCERELY hope Goku was trolling Ribrianne when she asked him what's his wish going to be. If Goku still hasn't thought of resurrecting the other universes, he's a major asshole.
If Goku were to openly state he was going to wish for the universe that Zeno(s) is going erase to be brought back, Grand Priest would be all over him for that. Conversely, these no guarantee at all that Zeno(s) or Grand Priest would even allow such a wish to be made if Goku wins the tournament. They could easily tell Goku when he's about to make that kind of wish, "No. You can't do that."
I'm pretty sure the winner of the tournament won't even be able to directly make the wish themselves. Rather, the winner states their wish to the Grand Priest and the Grand Priest translates the wish to the dragon. Afterall, the wish has to be spoken in the Divine Language. With that said, I'm pretty sure any wish the winning fighter requests, has to be a wish that Zeno and the Grand Priest approves of. They could simply choose not to speak a wish they don't agree to.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Honestly, I love Hitto, but I do want him going out. Problem is, they seem to want to keep people around so I have my doubts about him being eliminated. But I do want him to leave after 111 and a fight with Jiren is as good as it's going to get for Hitto. I don't see Hitto beating Jiren either as I'm fairly confident Goku is going to get a rematch with Jiren.
You've answered you're own question, these guys are best of the best they're not easily gonna get KO'd, these guys aren't gonna be sloppy like Tien or Kirllin or stupid like Frost.
Not really. Dyspo, Kale and Caulifla should be gone and even Goku after being beat really bad. There is not many 'weak' characters left so they have to start falling soon and we are at the halfway point in terms of time.

Ribrianne should be gone as she has basically lost twice and why did they keep Rozie in but not kakunsa.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Not really. Dyspo, Kale and Caulifla should be gone and even Goku after being beat really bad. There is not many 'weak' characters left so they have to start falling soon and we are at the halfway point in terms of time.

Ribrianne should be gone as she has basically lost twice and why did they keep Rozie in but not kakunsa.
Do you still think Dyspo, Kale and Caulifla are weak? I'm just a bit confused as to why they should be gone already...

Wow I finally caught reading the thread. I'll save all of the reaction stuff but Vegeta SAYING he won't help Goku is still really bothering me since he's always been my favorite character. Right away I understood that he was still helping, just in his own Vegeta way but man him saying he won't help really ruined the entire moment.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Drellz26 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: You've answered you're own question, these guys are best of the best they're not easily gonna get KO'd, these guys aren't gonna be sloppy like Tien or Kirllin or stupid like Frost.

Do you still think Dyspo, Kale and Caulifla are weak? I'm just a bit confused as to why they should be gone already...

Wow I finally caught reading the thread. I'll save all of the reaction stuff but Vegeta SAYING he won't help Goku is still really bothering me since he's always been my favorite character. Right away I understood that he was still helping, just in his own Vegeta way but man him saying he won't help really ruined the entire moment.
Indeed Their only 1 TRUE form of lose in this and that is Still Royal Rumble rules ;), you must be thrown over the Edge and must fall to a certain degree to be out, their is no other form of losing then that. You can be beaten to an edge of your life but as long as you are in ring you have not lost. ;)

Lets keep it simple as that, you can say all day long, but the only true lost is out of ring, nothing else.

BUT I do agree Kakunsa should have STILL been in this, she has great potential!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:27 pm

I like Rozie better than Kakunsa. I feel like Kankunsa's design wasn't very unique after seeing Hop and her cat-like fighting style. It's like, why make two characters who are unaffiliated with each other, so similar?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Drellz26 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: You've answered you're own question, these guys are best of the best they're not easily gonna get KO'd, these guys aren't gonna be sloppy like Tien or Kirllin or stupid like Frost.

Caulifla and Kale should be gone because they were all beat up by Goku. However becuase they are Saiyans we get the usual nonsense.

Dyspo was finished against Hit but they only take Kunshi out.

What I am saying is what could they do now when we know everything about them and they have already been badly beaten once.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Indeed Their only 1 TRUE form of lose in this and that is Still Royal Rumble rules ;), you must be thrown over the Edge and must fall to a certain degree to be out, their is no other form of losing then that. You can be beaten to an edge of your life but as long as you are in ring you have not lost. ;)

Lets keep it simple as that, you can say all day long, but the only true lost is out of ring, nothing else.

It is a battle royale but why do the characters I mentioned deserve a second chance? It just seems like a lot of forced fake tension.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Caulifla and Kale should be gone because they were all beat up by Goku. However becuase they are Saiyans we get the usual nonsense.

What I am saying is what could they do now when we know everything about them and they have already been badly beaten once.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

It is a battle royale but why do the characters I mentioned deserve a second chance? It just seems like a lot of forced fake tension.
Or maybe because some people, shockingly, like them and would love to see them stick around as much as possible.
Feels over Reals.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:51 pm

RedHeat wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Or maybe because some people, shockingly, like them and would love to see them stick around as much as possible.
They still have to fall though and screen time should be shared around.

If we get rid of Universe 3, Monna, Shantsa, and the 3 non magical girls from Universe 2 we are left with fighters which everyone would say have some status. What happens then?
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote:I like Rozie better than Kakunsa. I feel like Kankunsa's design wasn't very unique after seeing Hop and her cat-like fighting style. It's like, why make two characters who are unaffiliated with each other, so similar?
Rozie has a very cute and clean design! I like Sanka's normal form the best but Rozie is far and away the best design of the transformed Fireballs/Maiden Squadron.