Goku's wish?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Goku's wish?

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:06 pm

In episode 109 Goku states to Ribrianne that if he wins he Tournament of Power he will use the Super Dragon Balls Wish to meet powerful beings or for some kind of present for his family..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What about using it to resurrect Frieza as he promised him.. What about wishing back the erased Universes... Does he know something about the Tournament and the Universes being erased, does he have another plan on bringing them back or does he not care about the erasure of other universes ?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Goku's wish?

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Well, he promised Freeza he would use the earth Dragonballs to revive him. So he doesn't need the Super ones for that.

And I don't feel like these lines should be taken very literally. Goku is just rattling off a list of random things he could use the wish for, if he does have a plan he has no reason to tell Ribrianne. Especially when anyone can just hear him. I know the Gods have to translate the wish anyway but that doesn't mean he should tip them off. "Yeah, my wish is to basically just undo eveything Zeno does. Ya hear that Zen-Chan!? Nothing you do matters! Because I'm gonna just wish everything back and undermine the entire purpose you held the tournament for!"

We will just have to wait and see, what he uses the Dragon balls to actually do, but in this scene it just seems like he is being facetious.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:21 pm

No one in the tournament cares about the erasure of the other universes yet. I expect that to change as the tournament goes further.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Ribrianne: "What are you going to wish for Son Goku?"

Goku: "Probably for someone who is so unimaginably strong, that he could entertain me endlessly!"

Me: "Well Son Goku, the Grand Priest is standing right there, whom you'll never be able to beat during this tournament. There's your man if you want it so bad."

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:53 pm

I think it depends how the situation develops before the story reaches that point. It may turn out that he doesn't need to use the Super Dragon Balls to save anyone which leaves him with a wish to use. If he wins, of course. I agree with Boo Machine that it sounded like he was just being facetious when he was talking to Ribrianne.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Ribrianne: "What are you going to wish for Son Goku?"

Goku: "Probably for someone who is so unimaginably strong, that he could entertain me endlessly!"

Me: "Well Son Goku, the Grand Priest is standing right there, whom you'll never be able to beat during this tournament. There's your man if you want it so bad."
Super Shenron would just create a clone of Goku. Problem solved. :lol:

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Well, he promised Freeza he would use the earth Dragonballs to revive him. So he doesn't need the Super ones for that.

And I don't feel like these lines should be taken very literally. Goku is just rattling off a list of random things he could use the wish for, if he does have a plan he has no reason to tell Ribrianne. Especially when anyone can just hear him. I know the Gods have to translate the wish anyway but that doesn't mean he should tip them off. "Yeah, my wish is to basically just undo eveything Zeno does. Ya hear that Zen-Chan!? Nothing you do matters! Because I'm gonna just wish everything back and undermine the entire purpose you held the tournament for!"

We will just have to wait and see, what he uses the Dragon balls to actually do, but in this scene it just seems like he is being facetious.
Indeed, Frieza changed it to Regular Dragon Balls later, I had forgotten that.
I can see you on the second point on Goku being facetious, tho I can't say the same about the hiding part, especially about DBS Goku who is simple minded and straight Forward character and that would be too complex for him, unless Gohan and the others told him before the TOP to do so and keep it a secret.
In my Opinion, if the Tournament is not interrupted and it goes as planned, he will realize it latter, especially if Universe 6 is erased, where he has fond memories of Hit and Caulifla. If Goku wins I even see Beerus asking Goku to use it in order to bring back Champa.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't feel like keeping a secret is all that complex. I know Goku isn't the brightest dude, but I think he would at least be mindful enough to not spill whatever he is planing. Assuming he is indeed planing anything.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Goku could wish for the erased universe to be brought back to life... but he is under no obligation to do that and shouldn't be judge for not taking that option. Especaiily since making a wish like this would fly right in the face of everything that Zeno(s) and Grand Priest planned for with this whole tournament, and they could easily tell Goku he can't make that wish.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I think it depends how the situation develops before the story reaches that point. It may turn out that he doesn't need to use the Super Dragon Balls to save anyone which leaves him with a wish to use. If he wins, of course. I agree with Boo Machine that it sounded like he was just being facetious when he was talking to Ribrianne.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Ribrianne: "What are you going to wish for Son Goku?"

Super Shenron would just create a clone of Goku. Problem solved. :lol:
If he's going to do that he might as well just tell him to fight gohan and spare him the wish. If he trained his kids they would probably be strong enough to fight endlessly.

But, to be clever, there is only one wish to wish if you wish to have a wish and you don't know what to wish for. And that is more sets dragon balls! You can't wish for more wishes, but nothing says you can't wish for another set of balls with more wishes each. Then he could make endless wishes and just keep them in a room and grab them when he wants something. Enough sets he could wish once a day each year and still never run out! Even if he could only wish for one set a year it would add up in the end because of the increased wishes. :thumbup:
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Arugela wrote:If he's going to do that he might as well just tell him to fight gohan and spare him the wish. If he trained his kids they would probably be strong enough to fight endlessly.
They'd be strong enough but they lack Goku's insatiable lust for battle. We see that in EoZ when Goku basically forces Goten to train and enter the tournament.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Liquir wrote:What about wishing back the erased Universes
The universes were in need of being erased anyway, so wishing them back would probably cause problems. If anything, they might wish to bring back the inhabitants of the erased universes and bring them to universe 7.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Liquir wrote:What about wishing back the erased Universes
The universes were in need of being erased anyway, so wishing them back would probably cause problems. If anything, they might wish to bring back the inhabitants of the erased universes and bring them to universe 7.
That theory would be good material for the next Arc. Since all inhabitants are in one Universe, only one God of Destruction can exists and a Tournament will be held to decide who is the Strongest God of Destruction of the 8 Universes and the rest 7 Gods will have to retire. But, instead of Beerus, Goku takes his place in the Tournament, since with his new Ultra Instinct form is close to his power, so maybe one arc between the Tournament where Goku surpasses Beerus and than the Tournament.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 am

Goku is not much for sincere introspective contemplation. I hope his bemusement in these latest episodes aren't a reflection of what his heart actually feels like. Goku may be a self-indulging brawl-maniac but he's generally used the power of the dragon to restore the damage caused by the various menaces who threatened the world. In this case, the menace in question happens to be a natural order entity who's basing his actions in an analytical resolution based on the status of the universes. With that said, I can't see any reason why Zeno would object to the people being resurrected and sent to other universes. It's the realms themselves that are the cause of the convolution, not the population, right?

Don't forget the other four universes which were allowed to abstain from the tournament. I wouldn't find it surprising to witness the inhabitants of the destroyed worlds being apportioned to those respective universes -- maybe each one can get 1-2 correlating to the compatibility of the universes while Universe 7 receives the inhabitants of Universe 6 since they happen to be parallels of one another anyway.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am

Why is everyone acting like they can be brought back? They're erased not dead. They don't exist anymore, can't bring back something that doesn't exist.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why is everyone acting like they can be brought back? They're erased not dead. They don't exist anymore, can't bring back something that doesn't exist.
It's an unstoppable force vs immovable object type of argument. Super Shenron was said to grant any wish you wanted with the implication of no limits. Won't really know if he's truly limitless until somebody puts it to the test.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why is everyone acting like they can be brought back? They're erased not dead. They don't exist anymore, can't bring back something that doesn't exist.
It's an unstoppable force vs immovable object type of argument. Super Shenron was said to grant any wish you wanted with the implication of no limits. Won't really know if he's truly limitless until somebody puts it to the test.
Well considering how many limits our Shenny ended up getting over the years (more recently unable to search the universe) wouldn't surprise me at all if he is unable to do this, I just don't see how since they been erased unless he won't bring them back but clone them so it's like they have come back but not really. Idk but like you said just gotta wait and see.

So assuming he can grant the wish then I predict that U7 lose but U6 win and Champa wishes U7 back, like the how Beerus wished for him in the U6 arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am

I don't think Goku is going to win the Tournament and someone else will get a wish. I can see Jiren winning and ends up wishing back Universe 7 because he feels like Goku was not a bad guy after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:32 am

Liquir wrote:In episode 109 Goku states to Ribrianne that if he wins he Tournament of Power he will use the Super Dragon Balls Wish to meet powerful beings or for some kind of present for his family..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What about using it to resurrect Frieza as he promised him.. What about wishing back the erased Universes... Does he know something about the Tournament and the Universes being erased, does he have another plan on bringing them back or does he not care about the erasure of other universes ?
Freeza said to just used the Earth's Dragon Balls to revived him, so Goku isn't going to waste a wish on Freeza. Especially when Goku can pulled a loophole abused on Freeza since the Earth's Dragon Balls can't revived someone twice.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Goku could wish for the erased universe to be brought back to life... but he is under no obligation to do that and shouldn't be judge for not taking that option. Especaiily since making a wish like this would fly right in the face of everything that Zeno(s) and Grand Priest planned for with this whole tournament, and they could easily tell Goku he can't make that wish.
Many people forget that the MVP won't be able to freely state his wish because Super Shenron only accepts the language of the Gods. I wonder if GP and Zeno will allow the MVP to make whatever wish he wants, because I don't think anyone would personally translate Freeza's wish if he wants to kill all the Gods with it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Lionel wrote:Goku is not much for sincere introspective contemplation. I hope his bemusement in these latest episodes aren't a reflection of what his heart actually feels like. Goku may be a self-indulging brawl-maniac but he's generally used the power of the dragon to restore the damage caused by the various menaces who threatened the world. In this case, the menace in question happens to be a natural order entity who's basing his actions in an analytical resolution based on the status of the universes. With that said, I can't see any reason why Zeno would object to the people being resurrected and sent to other universes. It's the realms themselves that are the cause of the convolution, not the population, right?

Don't forget the other four universes which were allowed to abstain from the tournament. I wouldn't find it surprising to witness the inhabitants of the destroyed worlds being apportioned to those respective universes -- maybe each one can get 1-2 correlating to the compatibility of the universes while Universe 7 receives the inhabitants of Universe 6 since they happen to be parallels of one another anyway.
It's always possible that this tournament is really about the powerlevels being absurdly low. There was the comment about there only being a few worlds left with powerlevels in universe 7 etc. What if that isn't a joke. Maybe bad guys were getting out of hand and that is all that is left and we just haven't been told. That figure might not be a contradiction but an update. In which case shoving them in universe 7 might help.

All of the universes shown looked pretty beat up in one way or another. Maybe the 4 universes not in the tournament are really just in decent shape where the other universes are basically literally running dry on living populations to the point there's no reason for them to exist. So maybe the living universe is already intended by zeno and grand kai to get those things. Or they were just going to erase them because there was nothing left in them(Literally nothing in them that is entertaining.) not that their warriors weren't strong enough. But that the lack of strong warriors was in regards to defending people in the universe and it being depopulated to start with because of that.

Maybe we'll get some sort of dialogue before the wish it made clarifying why the tournament/erasing is happening and then someone will use the wish to restore them so it's not needed. Or shove the populations into a universe like the winners so it's not an issue. If it's presented as the main problem, one even the gods might not be fully aware of it's, it's not as corny for the wish to help the issue.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001