"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mfwlegend3
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Kishido wrote:Has this been posted?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Freeza <3
Nice to see Caulifla in this. Freeza looking like one of the good guys is hilarious.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Olympian wrote:
Kishido wrote:Not thread worthy of a new thread or anything... But simple question

No one being bothered that "fodder" like Krillin or Tien can dollow the fights of god level people?

Back in the past it was a big a deal if someone was so powerful and fast that other figthers couldn't follow the movements.

But now everyone seems to have no problem with it
I think those days are gone unless is someone actually "fodder" like Satan. The older cast achieved a level mostly composed of masters at this point.
Though it's even further damning on Tien's part, himself the master of a dojo, to have to have martial arts principles explained to him by Krillin. I took that as as close as we're ever likely to get to confirming that Krillin is "stronger" than Tien at least as far as experience, knowledge, and insight.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 pm

So the 1 hour special bombed in ratings, only getting a 3.5 making it the lowest rated Super ep yet.

I get the feeling the anime is going to get a huge revamp after the TOP arc ends, most likely with a timeskip to EOZ focusing on Goten, Trunks, Uub and Pan.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 pm

precita wrote:So the 1 hour special bombed in ratings, only getting a 3.5 making it the lowest rated Super ep yet.
How in the...FUCK

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 pm

precita wrote:So the 1 hour special bombed in ratings, only getting a 3.5 making it the lowest rated Super ep yet.

I get the feeling the anime is going to get a huge revamp after the TOP arc ends, most likely with a timeskip to EOZ focusing on Goten, Trunks, Uub and Pan.
OP's special also had lower than normal ratings, it's because Super Sentai and Kamen Rider air at the same time now. OP's special did amazingly well in DVR ratings, Super's probably did as well. If Fuji doesn't just change the time slot we're likely to just see lower live ratings but higher DVR ratings. Even with the lower live ratings OP and Super still beat the vast majority of shows in their weeks, including shows like Pokemon and Naruto.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 pm

MaskedRider wrote:
How in the...FUCK
Jiren is trash, plan and simple.

Not giving him a personality was a huge mistake, Toei thought Jiren only said Doke, Kiero and Warida wouldve made fans interested in him...

They should bury his character and give him the Launch treatment...

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:53 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Jiren is trash, plan and simple.

Not giving him a personality was a huge mistake, Toei thought Jiren only said Doke, Kiero and Warida wouldve made fans interested in him...

They should bury his character and give him the Launch treatment...
Its fine if you don't like the character but You don't need to use your weird logic to justify the ratings. The special broke streaming sites all over the internet for a good few hours. That wouldn't have happened if Jiren was the big bad monster that killed ratings.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Those were mostly US and hispanic fans imo, The West were more hyped about the TV Special.

If Jiren were like Xicor then it couldve done better, at least he had a personality.

Jiren should be hakaid for good, and give more screen time to Freeza.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Those were mostly US and hispanic fans imo, The West were more hyped about the TV Special.

If Jiren were like Xicor then it couldve done better, at least he had a personality.

Why do you keep repeating the same schlock if we keep telling you it wasn't because of Jiren
Feels over Reals.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Baseball Yamcha for the rescue.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Those were mostly US and hispanic fans imo, The West were more hyped about the TV Special.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. It doesn't matter if you think it was mostly US and Hispanic fans. Even if it was that still pretty much tells you that Jiren doesn't drive people away I have no idea why you keep bringing up Xicor of all things as your example of somehow doing better.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 pm

RedHeat wrote: Why do you keep repeating the same schlock if we keep telling you it wasn't because of Jiren
Kamen Rider and Sentai ratings also got worse compared to last week :think:

At this point just give Freeza more focus, he is the best thing out of this arc.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

At this point just give Freeza more focus, he is the best thing out of this arc.
Yeah, Because their timeslots are competing with Supers. So both got lower. One doesn't have to do poorly for the other to do great.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Boo Machine wrote:

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. It doesn't matter if you think it was mostly US and Hispanic fans. Even if it was that still pretty much tells you that Jiren doesn't drive people away I have no idea why you keep bringing up Xicor of all things as your example of somehow doing better.
Honestly, I had to look up Xicor and looking at the design google gave me I would have been driven away at that mess of a design than Jiren :crazy: but that's my opinion

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:10 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
RedHeat wrote: Why do you keep repeating the same schlock if we keep telling you it wasn't because of Jiren

There's only one thing to do here. Great Saiyarangers. :thumbup:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Personality is more important than design IMO.

Some people might kill me for this but I liked Fat Majin Buu over Perfect Cell due to his personality and charisma.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I cannot understand what's wrong with Jiren, all my friends where hyped as hell for the special and they LOVE Jiren, I like him as well.

Give him some personality, release a OVA about him, or maybe a small filler arc about Jiren after the ToP, so that he isn't that "empty" anymore as a character, I bet many people are going to change their opinion about him.

But to be honest, there is a lot of hate, towards a fictional character which hasn't been fully explored yet, "YET" it makes no sense.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Venus wrote:I cannot understand what's wrong with Jiren, all my friends where hyped as hell for the special and they LOVE Jiren, I like him as well.

Give him some personality, release a OVA about him, or maybe a small filler arc about Jiren after the ToP, so that he isn't that "empty" anymore as a character, I bet many people are going to change their opinion about him.

But to be honest, there is a lot of hate, towards a fictional character which hasn't been fully explored yet, "YET" it makes no sense.
Same can be said for Caulifla, Kale and Cabba, but lots of fans like them.

At this point they should think of doing Planet Salada Arc after the ToP, make the saiyan kids the protagonists and create a good antagonist this time(like idk a saiyan inspired of Kylo Ren from Star Wars).

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Jiren is a bad character, yes, but he's not the reason ratings are down (if they are, I don't even care to verify it). He's also not necessarily bad for the show even though he has absolutely no personality. He represents a brick wall for Goku like he's never faced before. That in itself is interesting, and seeing where the show goes with it has appeal.

Fat Buu, heck yeah, great character, even though he repeated Cell's greatest strength of regeneration except... even more regeneration? Unclear since both could be regenerated from a single particle. But yeah, Fat Buu had personality for days.

Xicor on the other hand? I have no idea what you're talking about. Having ANY personality doesn't automatically make for a better character than having none. Xicor looked awful and his personality was point-for-point, textbook Super Evil Guy (TM), no redeeming qualities, no nuance, just arrogance, spite, brutality, and the desire to kill everything. Super interesting. :sick:
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Ziegander wrote:Jiren is a bad character, yes, but he's not the reason ratings are down (if they are, I don't even care to verify it). He's also not necessarily bad for the show even though he has absolutely no personality. He represents a brick wall for Goku like he's never faced before. That in itself is interesting, and seeing where the show goes with it has appeal.

Fat Buu, heck yeah, great character, even though he repeated Cell's greatest strength of regeneration except... even more regeneration? Unclear since both could be regenerated from a single particle. But yeah, Fat Buu had personality for days.

Xicor on the other hand? I have no idea what you're talking about. Having ANY personality doesn't automatically make for a better character than having none. Xicor looked awful and his personality was point-for-point, textbook Super Evil Guy (TM), no redeeming qualities, no nuance, just arrogance, spite, brutality, and the desire to kill everything. Super interesting. :sick:
That's subjective