Mastery of Self-Movement IS the REAL Time-Skip!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Mastery of Self-Movement IS the REAL Time-Skip!

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am

Yes that's right folks! We all know about Hit and his suppose "Time-Skip" ability, but the REAL form of time-skipping is actually the Mastery of Self-Movement/Ultra Instinct.

Think about it..
WHAT is the entire point of Ultra Instinct and why it's so OP and effective in battle???!

It's because you're literally SKIPPING the time it would take for signals to pass from your senses to your brain, and from your brain back to your body!

That's why the technique makes you so incredibly damn fast, and why you're able to avoid any situation, however severe.

Remember, it always takes time for signals to pass from your senses to your brain and from your brain back to your body, if you can by-pass (skip) these limitations, you can react instantly.

"Messages can only travel through your nerve system so fast, if you rely on thoughts for physical actions, you lose precious fighting time." — Whis

Mastery of Self-Movement = Time-Skipping.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Mastery of Self-Movement IS the REAL Time-Skip!

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

No, its nerve relay skipping. Yes its faster but youre not actually doing anything to time itself.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:No, its nerve relay skipping. Yes its faster but youre not actually doing anything to time itself.
He is skipping the whole process of having signals reaching your brain and your body, which takes time.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: He is skipping the whole process of having signals reaching your brain and your body, which takes time.
Which is what make Mastery of Self movement so great. It skips the whole process of signals because the body just moves on it's own without them. It's not literally skipping time like Hit does, he is just skipping the busy work of having to think about the movement. Self movement. The Body is just moving on it's own.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:43 pm

It's not as good as a time skip because you appear in a place 0.1 seconds faster than what the opponent would expect.
Ultra instinct only skips your own thinking process so your body can instantly sense the attack react to it before it even begins. With that said, Ultra Instnict is the ultimate counter against a time skip.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: He is skipping the whole process of having signals reaching your brain and your body, which takes time.
Which is what make Mastery of Self movement so great. It skips the whole process of signals because the body just moves on it's own without them. It's not literally skipping time like Hit does, he is just skipping the busy work of having to think about the movement. Self movement. The Body is just moving on it's own.
I know all of that. You're right. Perhaps i should have worded it differently then. But it's still a form of skipping time if you look at it from one perspective. Because you're skipping the time it takes for signals to travel.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Amir wrote:It's not as good as a time skip because you appear in a place 0.1 seconds faster than what the opponent would expect.
Ultra instinct only skips your own thinking process so your body can instantly sense the attack react to it before it even begins. With that said, Ultra Instnict is the ultimate counter against a time skip.
Yeah. I agree. Great way of putting it. You're always one step ahead of your opponent with the technique so to speak.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: I know all of that. You're right. Perhaps i should have worded it differently then. But it's still a form of skipping time if you look at it from one perspective. Because you're skipping the time it takes for signals to travel.
Well anything could be anything if you look it from whatever perspective you wanted to. If I turn my clocks back 24 hours it would be yesterday!

Hit's Time Skip is actually Skipping time. It's why people have a hard time tracking the guy. Because he is there one second and then not the next. Mastery of Self Movement isn't skipping time, it's just skipping a process. It would be more accurate to say Goku isn't wasting time sending signals from the brain to the body. Or he is saving time. But he certainly isn't skipping it in the literal sense that Hit does.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Ultra Instinct is the technique that Whis had wanted Goku and Vegeta to learn all along and is basically the culmination of their training. It is also the counter that Whis suggested to counter Hit's time skip when Goku was having trouble with it in the U6 tournament. It is very different from Time Skip; Hit can actually freeze time for example and used the stored time from Time Skip to form pocket dimensions. Ultra Instinct can't do any of that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

gofishus wrote:Ultra Instinct is the technique that Whis had wanted Goku and Vegeta to learn all along and is basically the culmination of their training. It is also the counter that Whis suggested to counter Hit's time skip when Goku was having trouble with it in the U6 tournament. It is very different from Time Skip; Hit can actually freeze time for example and used the stored time from Time Skip to form pocket dimensions. Ultra Instinct can't do any of that.
Whis never gave any advise to counter Hit's Time-Skip. He specifically said he wanted Goku to figure it out on his own. His is also not freezing time, he's literally skipping it. He goes into a Pocket Dimension and skip ahead in time.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

HeroR wrote:
gofishus wrote:Ultra Instinct is the technique that Whis had wanted Goku and Vegeta to learn all along and is basically the culmination of their training. It is also the counter that Whis suggested to counter Hit's time skip when Goku was having trouble with it in the U6 tournament. It is very different from Time Skip; Hit can actually freeze time for example and used the stored time from Time Skip to form pocket dimensions. Ultra Instinct can't do any of that.
Whis never gave any advise to counter Hit's Time-Skip. He specifically said he wanted Goku to figure it out on his own. His is also not freezing time, he's literally skipping it. He goes into a Pocket Dimension and skip ahead in time.
This is what Whis meant Goku to figure out. I obviously didn't mean Whis told Goku to use Ultra Instinct way back in the U6 Tournament we only heard about the form's true name just last episode... and Hit can definitely freeze time when he is evolved enough (much like Guldo) he used this against Goku when Goku's SSB KK pushed Hit to this limit

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 pm

gofishus wrote:
This is what Whis meant Goku to figure out. I obviously didn't mean Whis told Goku to use Ultra Instinct way back in the U6 Tournament we only heard about the form's true name just last episode... and Hit can definitely freeze time when he is evolved enough (much like Guldo) he used this against Goku when Goku's SSB KK pushed Hit to this limit
That is your assumption of what he meant since 'figure it out yourself' means a lot of different things. He also never told Goku to used UI since he was still teaching it to him and why would Whis expect him used it after only a few years of training when Beerus can barely do it?

Nope, it was explained in Episode 72 by Vados that Hit doesn't freeze time, he skips it. It isn't like Guldo.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

HeroR wrote:
gofishus wrote:
That is your assumption of what he meant since 'figure it out yourself' means a lot of different things. He also never told Goku to used UI since he was still teaching it to him and why would Whis expect him used it after only a few years of training when Beerus can barely do it?

Nope, it was explained in Episode 72 by Vados that Hit doesn't freeze time, he skips it. It isn't like Guldo.
Ok you are right. I am wrong. Happy now?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

gofishus wrote:
Ok you are right. I am wrong. Happy now?

This isn't about being right or wrong, except correcting you on how Hit's Time-Skip works. If you don't believe me, you can watch 72 yourself.
Kanassa wrote: